Transfer Deadline Day

Just now, Grandad said:

Players that have seen their contracts out are still great signings.

Tom Lees was a real coup at the time

Not disputing that. 

They were really shrewd bits of business. 

I still think it was pretty clear Milan wanted out and was it within six months Chansiri had come in? 

Sadly, we seem incapable of making much in the way of a shrewd signing, though I'm hopeful for that Hutchinson fella. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I suspect that not having Monk or Pulis at the club any more might have counted against us , as they would probably have more contacts at other clubs that would assist us identify suitable players and get deals over the line

THIS...dc has probably burnt the few bridges he had

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He's Dead Nev  

Died years ago 

He played for Reading & Cardiff ..

Never saw him at Hillsborough 

But saw him at the Lane ...

Made a reyt mess of United's goalie ..

First time I saw a bloke headbutt in professional football ..

Got away with it too...

Bloke was a legend .....Book about his life is well worth a read ...9781840181081-uk.jpg.25f0725e36601b5d7ab1a46d83b06c44.jpg

RIP Robin. I had a pal who was on a convalescence placement 63/64 time went down on a couple of visits. Always seemed to be on the score sheet two braces on my two visits. He was worshipped down there ! I'LL GET A COPY OF THE BOOK Cheers.    

Going into the closing moments of arguably the biggest transfer deadline day that the club has had in years as we desperately search for the goals that might keep us in this division, so far we have signed 2 free transfers in the whole window and neither are strikers.

Anyway, here’s a timely reminder of what we were promised if we kept on paying stupidly high ticket prices.... not sure about anyone else but I’m starting to feel a bit short changed.

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1