Transfer Deadline Day

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The frustrating thing is recruitment wise we were up against it from the off. The points deduction put us at a huge disadvantage compared to other clubs.

Plus I think it’s quite reasonable to assume that DC’s money is running out. Struggling to pay players on time and we’ve not spend over £1m on a player in 4 years. 

Just a big mess, but I’d like to think we could have tapped into the loan market or made sure we had someone lined up as a good replacement for Fletch? DC says we have an extensive scouting system - is Callum Paterson really the only player we could find near to the Fletcher mould? 

It’s hindered us, no doubt, but Coventry who were always thought of as relegation candidates, and don’t even have their own ground, have still managed to bring in decent players You just need to show a bit of imagination in your searching

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The frustrating thing is recruitment wise we were up against it from the off. The points deduction put us at a huge disadvantage compared to other clubs.

Plus I think it’s quite reasonable to assume that DC’s money is running out. Struggling to pay players on time and we’ve not spend over £1m on a player in 4 years. 

Just a big mess, but I’d like to think we could have tapped into the loan market or made sure we had someone lined up as a good replacement for Fletch? DC says we have an extensive scouting system - is Callum Paterson really the only player we could find near to the Fletcher mould? 

That's why we should have moved to keep Nuhiu. The signs from some of the interviews he did suggest he was open to staying and was not going to be a bank breaker. It was pretty clear Monk wasn't that interested though, never referred to wanting to keep him unlike with others and left him on the bench for most of the run in when Windass and Da Cruz were chosen ahead of him. 

I actually don't mind Paterson, still can't work out where he is most effective and he spends a large chunk of games looking out of place but without his goals and even the throw at the weekend we would be worse off. Agree he isn't and never should have been seen as the answer to our problems up top though.

As for attracting someone else, Wycombe signed a young lad from Leicester this month. He might turn out not to be good enough at this level but they have given someone a chance and have moved to get someone in to try and improve, he scored at the weekend. If they can give the dice a roll I'll be gutted if we don't. 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Why does it have to achieve anything?

It doesn't, that's what I'm saying. we are here to chat about our club and put our opinions across, I am with you on this, don't know why you have to try and achieve anything, which is why I asked him what his motive for posting on here is. 

I've never been a fan of Sky's deadline day coverage but this time it is embarrassing. There is so little activity, the whole thing could have been condensed into a an hour before the window closes......

One positive is they are being forced to cover stuff they'd normally neglect.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The frustrating thing is seeing good young players from lower leagues going for 400-500k. These should be the ones we’re bringing in yet that moneys tied up in wages for players we never see.

Spot-on! It’s the future....every season we just seem t’be waiting for big-money contracts t’run down😫

56 minutes ago, Quist said:

You are in the sheite and transfer window comes up you have no manager and opportunity to refresh and go again.

No manager appointed.

You bring player back we released in summer and another was released in summer and has been without a club since June last year.

Does this give anyone the impression we have no idea what we are doing and being run like a dodgy kebab van.

Even a kebab wagon will be run as a business. 

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It doesn't, that's what I'm saying. we are here to chat about our club and put our opinions across, I am with you on this, don't know why you have to try and achieve anything, which is why I asked him what his motive for posting on here is. 

Yeah sorry, replied to wrong poster

Might someone have a link to a webpage where I could see each Championship team's January transfer business club-by-club?  I thought it would be straightforward information to find, but I've not had much luck.