Transfer Deadline Day

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Apart from Fletcher and a few quality loanees like the likes of Hector and Murphy, we have barely made any decent signings ever since Wembley. Only decent recent ones have arguably been just Iorfa, Luongo and Dunkley. The rest have been as disastrous and short-sighted as the way this club is being run by DC and his chums. 

And all three are injured 

Edited by fpowl
  • Like 1

Last hour:

English Football League

21:00: Tom Ince [Stoke - Luton] Loan

21:00: Jahmal Hector-Ingram [Derby - Stevenage] Loan

21:00: Ali Crawford [Bolton - Tranmere] Loan

20:30: Sepp van der Berg [Liverpool - Preston] Loan

20:30: Calum MacDonald [Blackpool - Tranmere] Undisclosed

20:30: Jonny Williams [Charlton - Cardiff] Undisclosed

20:15: Regan Riley [Bolton - Norwich] Undisclosed

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

No chance of keeping Fletcher, we made him an offer he chose elsewhere, I don't think you have advocated those kind of wages. 

Nuhiu I completely agree, shocking to let him go without a replacement and even though Winnall hasn't pulled up any trees he wouldn't have been any less productive than Marriott and Kacunga. 

Brown seemed like a decent signing to be fir but has proven to be anything but, not sure keeping Lee was the answer though, considering where he eventually ended up. 

Hutchinson, just bizarre. Frozen out in January, from which point onwards we won a further 3 games last season. Backed Monk's assessment of him only to bin Monk off 2 months into the season and end up getting Hutchinson back 

Dele Bashiru can't get a start when 2 or 3 midfielders are unavailable, likewise with Kachunga, no idea where he was supposed to fit into Monk's plan. 

Just don't be critical of the advice we receive. 

The frustrating thing is recruitment wise we were up against it from the off. The points deduction put us at a huge disadvantage compared to other clubs.

Plus I think it’s quite reasonable to assume that DC’s money is running out. Struggling to pay players on time and we’ve not spend over £1m on a player in 4 years. 

Just a big mess, but I’d like to think we could have tapped into the loan market or made sure we had someone lined up as a good replacement for Fletch? DC says we have an extensive scouting system - is Callum Paterson really the only player we could find near to the Fletcher mould? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Joshua King bids accepted from premier teams-won’t be lining up against us t’morrah then🤔👌🏽

Thought this earlier,  tho he hasn’t exactly been staring for them this season, as Tesco say “every little helps especially when you don’t sign any frigging players on transfer deadline day!” 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

So what do you think you are going to achieve

Not sure the aim is to achieve anything for most. 

We are just debating how we feel and what we think about aspects of the football club we support. Why do you post? 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The frustrating thing is recruitment wise we were up against it from the off. The points deduction put us at a huge disadvantage compared to other clubs.

Plus I think it’s quite reasonable to assume that DC’s money is running out. Struggling to pay players on time and we’ve not spend over £1m on a player in 4 years. 

Just a big mess, but I’d like to think we could have tapped into the loan market or made sure we had someone lined up as a good replacement for Fletch? DC says we have an extensive scouting system - is Callum Paterson really the only player we could find near to the Fletcher mould? 

Maybe Paterson is the only one willing to come to us, but as you say one big mess.

Guest hirstysfags
7 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Imagine being second from bottom and not even trying to bring in a goalscorer

Who says they aren't trying?

Perhaps they are just poo at it, like everything else?

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I suppose it's me I'm happy not to sit whinging posting negative crap all day

Each to their own.

If we all sat here not moaning :Chansiri: would be thinking he'd done a top job....... 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

I suppose it's me I'm happy not to sit whinging posting negative crap all day

I will always look for the positives as well. I am a fan of Pelupessy for heavens sake.

lol

Don't make us right and them wrong though does it.

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure the aim is to achieve anything for most. 

We are just debating how we feel and what we think about aspects of the football club we support. Why do you post? 

Why does it have to achieve anything?