Izzy Brown - Financial Penalty looming?

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

How could anyone predict we’d be playing long ball football with no frigging target man? Monk played good football when he was at Swansea. Admittedly he inherited the team, the system etc, but they still played football. I had hoped that we’d try and play football with more mobile forward line. 

That just didn’t happen. I’m not sure why, but after a fairly successful first two / three games Brown, Rhodes and Penney were out. The rest is pretty much history. 

How he ended up here I’m not sure. Maybe he was sold a dream, maybe we were the highest payers, maybe he thought playing with Bannan they’d create enough chances that even Windass could get 30 goals..... I was shocked he chose to come and the transfer was deemed a coup at the time. 

However, he’s not as bad a player as many of our fans are making out. He’ll no doubt find another club next season that he’ll do just fine at. 

Never said he was a bad player, just that being top of the assists per minute for the 17 games he played in doesn't make him the most creative player in the Championship. Jordan Rhodes goals per minute stands up against some of our strikers in recent season but you wouldn't pick him regularly if you watched him play. 

Not sure what dream he could have been sold at a team on such a poor run as us and minus 12 points.

He did seem like a decent signing at the time but he just hasn't performed, the style may not suit him but his lack of adaptability has been poor and even in cameo sub appearances he looks like he is blowing out of his backside.

Turned up yesterday, wasn't selected, turned back round and left, not a great attitude. 

Now we see the other side of the loan system1  Forget the fact that Chelsea are far richer than Wednesday. Put yourself in their place. if we want to improve some of our younger players we say 'send them out on loan', the idea being for them to gain experience. Were we to send one of ours out, we would expect him to gain some playing time. Were they not to get this, we would seek recompense, surely?

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 09:57, gurujuan said:

Cant comment on his fitness, but his game is about creating chances in the final third, so he’s been hamstrung by us not having any strikers Contrary to what some think, he isn’t a winger, and won’t be bombing down the flanks, before looping the ball into the middle His game is about, ball down the side of the centre backs, and setting strikers free in the box We don’t have that sort of movement up front. We don’t need a player like Izzy Brown, to simply thread balls out to the wing.

He doesn‘t thread the ball anywhere I‘m afraid - it‘s not our stylend football that‘s the problem.

On 31/01/2021 at 12:27, Gob_Bluth said:

He played nearly 30 games for Luton, wasn't he their leading assist and chance creator?

But for whatever reason it hasn't worked out here, even though we're literally crying out for a creative midfielder, maybe he got the hump when his boy left and then Pulis came in and his face didn't fit

I wasn’t a fan of Murphy last year, but he came good (increasingly) from the middle to end of the season...