Izzy Brown - Financial Penalty looming?

When someone on here told me he was part of the best midfield in the league along with bannan and Luongo 

Hahaa 

Said after 1 or 2 appearances he was rubbish and I stick by it 

He doesn't have the attitude to succeed

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The most creative players in the Championship?

Shocked he signed for a club on -12 points and didn't get a better offer if that is how he is regarded. Did he think we were suddenly going to start playing expansive football under Monk based on what we had offered in the previous half a season? 

Spot on.

If that good why didn't Luton keep him or any other championship club show interest.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wow didn’t realise they were still on Chelsea’s books. That is madness.

Looking at where Baker has been, he’s been all over the world. I mean, he’s not broke through at Chelsea but that’s not a bad a career is it? Going all over the world playing football. 

Depends what he wanted. At 19 he was one of the most promising players in the Country but has just become a loan ranger journeyman. Right place at the wrong time. A 19 year old Baker might have got a chance under Lampard last season but not a 24 year old one.

On the other hand hes seen a lot of Europe and experienced lots of clubs.  Doesn't  seem right to me. They shouldn't  hand out 6 year contracts and after 1 year decide they are not for the first team.

3 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Depends what he wanted. At 19 he was one of the most promising players in the Country but has just become a loan ranger journeyman. Right place at the wrong time. A 19 year old Baker might have got a chance under Lampard last season but not a 24 year old one.

On the other hand hes seen a lot of Europe and experienced lots of clubs.  Doesn't  seem right to me. They shouldn't  hand out 6 year contracts and after 1 year decide they are not for the first team.

I think Mourinho once said that it’ll be his fault if Izzy Brown and Lewis Baker don’t make the England side he would only have himself to blame.

Doesn’t look promising does it for old Jose does it.

lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Spot on.

If that good why didn't Luton keep him or any other championship club show interest.

Maybe they did, plus even after half a season of, mainly, sitting on the bench, Reading and Blackburn were willing to take him. 

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

So Reading and Blackburn weren't  a better option than a club in crisis and starting the season on -12 ?

They were, and they still are, but he’s still here When Chelsea were considering recalling him this moth, those two, plus Huddersfield were eager to take him on

• Love 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

They were, and they still are, but he’s still here When Chelsea were considering recalling him this moth, those two, plus Huddersfield were eager to take him on

Didn't know that, which makes it all the more bizarre.

If reports are true, Chelsea want him to have more game time but don't recall him and send him somewhere else.

He sits on the bench of a relegation threatened club getting very little game time.

Where's the lads ambition because he isn't ever going to play for Chelsea.

I guess that's the strange world of football for you.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The most creative players in the Championship?

Shocked he signed for a club on -12 points and didn't get a better offer if that is how he is regarded. Did he think we were suddenly going to start playing expansive football under Monk based on what we had offered in the previous half a season? 

He created more chances/assists per 90 mins last term than ANY other player in the league. So yea, I’d say he was one of the most creative players in the championship. That was whilst playing with Luton, who despite their position in the league arguably have worse players than we do. 

He’s an exceptionally good footballer who likely thought he’d be playing in a team that wouldn’t be hoofing it from Lees to Paterson 20-30 times a game. I mean I had the same hopes too before this clusterfack of a season began! 

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hold on, better teams want him? But the owls talk experts say he lacks talent, lacks endeavour, lacks desire. It’s almost as if they know nowt... SMH 

However did he manage to succeed almost everywhere he’s been bat here. It can’t be that we’re to fault. It has to be him.

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Hold on, better teams want him? But the owls talk experts say he lacks talent, lacks endeavour, lacks desire. It’s almost as if they know nowt... SMH 

However did he manage to succeed almost everywhere he’s been bat here. It can’t be that we’re to fault. It has to be him.

Agree with most of that BUT if he's got endeavour and desire, what the feck is he still doing here.

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

He created more chances/assists per 90 mins last term than ANY other player in the league. So yea, I’d say he was one of the most creative players in the championship. That was whilst playing with Luton, who despite their position in the league arguably have worse players than we do. 

He’s an exceptionally good footballer who likely thought he’d be playing in a team that wouldn’t be hoofing it from Lees to Paterson 20-30 times a game. I mean I had the same hopes too before this clusterfack of a season began! 

Bannan had better stats per game than him last season in every department other than assists, including key passes, which suggests our players wasted the chances Bannan created.

The great assists per minute that Brown had last season came from 17 starts he either wasn't picked or wasn't available for 60% of their matches, which has been a trait with him since he did well for Huddersfield 4 seasons ago. He cannot be relied upon.

As fr expecting us not to play direct under Monk and it to be free flowing on the floor football with the squad we have and the 12 point deduction we started we, he was a fool if he expected much different.

I'll ask again. If he is so good or so highly rated, how did he end up playing for a long ball manager in a team with no money who had picked up 17 points from the last 23 games of the previous season and were starting the new season on minus 12. Surely he would have had a better offer than that?  

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Agree with most of that BUT if he's got endeavour and desire, what the feck is he still doing here.

Maybe it’s not upto him to be recalled? I’m guessing he’s not thrilled to be sat on his behind most of the season. He’s struggled with injuries most of his career, which is why he’s not settled at a club you’d have thought. No player that’s missed so much of their career wants to be sat watching the stuff we play. I just about tolerate it and I’ve been a supporter for decades! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bannan had better stats per game than him last season in every department other than assists, including key passes, which suggests our players wasted the chances Bannan created.

The great assists per minute that Brown had last season came from 17 starts he either wasn't picked or wasn't available for 60% of their matches, which has been a trait with him since he did well for Huddersfield 4 seasons ago. He cannot be relied upon.

As fr expecting us not to play direct under Monk and it to be free flowing on the floor football with the squad we have and the 12 point deduction we started we, he was a fool if he expected much different.

I'll ask again. If he is so good or so highly rated, how did he end up playing for a long ball manager in a team with no money who had picked up 17 points from the last 23 games of the previous season and were starting the new season on minus 12. Surely he would have had a better offer than that?  

How could anyone predict we’d be playing long ball football with no frigging target man? Monk played good football when he was at Swansea. Admittedly he inherited the team, the system etc, but they still played football. I had hoped that we’d try and play football with more mobile forward line. 

That just didn’t happen. I’m not sure why, but after a fairly successful first two / three games Brown, Rhodes and Penney were out. The rest is pretty much history. 

How he ended up here I’m not sure. Maybe he was sold a dream, maybe we were the highest payers, maybe he thought playing with Bannan they’d create enough chances that even Windass could get 30 goals..... I was shocked he chose to come and the transfer was deemed a coup at the time. 

However, he’s not as bad a player as many of our fans are making out. He’ll no doubt find another club next season that he’ll do just fine at. 

He’s got talent and I was happy we brought him in but he’s clearly not fit which is quite frankly pathetic if you ask me when he’s a young footballer and he’s got the physique for it.

If we can, we should send him back to Chelsea as soon as possible and ensure we get Shaw signed up and get him and Luongo in the team for the remaining games.

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Izzy Udder Brown  was superb.

Izzy Brown Owl, Yes he wants it to happen but does little to make it happen ! 

That's the frustrating thing. With the likes of Jimmy Smith, he was just mediocre and not up to Championship level. With Brown, we know he can do it at this level from his Huddersfield promotion performances... or at least that he could do it 4 years ago. 

The question is whether he's lost it for good (injuries, etc), whether he's being played wrong or whether he's just thoroughly unmotivated (although if Monk, Pulis and Thompson can't fire him up, I'm not sure what can, short of an inflatable David Wagner)...