Todays lineup - here's how the Owls line up this afternoon

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brown’s loans about to be cut short. Surprised it hasn’t been before now TBH?

He hasn’t got the strongest squad to select from and every starting 11 will be picked to bits but with the exception of Pelupessy, Urgohide and Kachunga, that’s probably his strongest 11?

Only Dunkley, Luongo and maybe Windass make that stronger?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh I'd wait for everyone's autobiographies in a few years before making THAT claim mate

I once asked one of our players, (who then became an ex player, only to return, but mentioning no names) if the chairman ever picked the team.

He laughed and said he'd never played at a club where the manager didn't pick the team.

Just now, Nostalgic Owl said:

But on a more serious note.

Most autobiographies are generic and boring.

Bannan will talk about  a few good matches for us and maybe some stories about the lads having craic and playing pranks.

Same for rest of them.

Ok then - wait for the interviews on those football podcasts

They usually get a more direct and honest answer and lots of truth about what went on

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Owlinmad said:

I once asked one of our players, (who then became an ex player, only to return, but mentioning no names) if the chairman ever picked the team.

He laughed and said he'd never played at a club where the manager didn't pick the team.

How would a player know if a manager had had a phone call from a chairman?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Looks like 451 to me... should make for a fun watch... might watch the blades get battered by City instead as sterling is my captain this week. 

just don’t know if I have it in me to watch another Wednesday game at the mo

You'll be watching him from the bench then pal lol

23 minutes ago, Grenoside owl said:

The amount of goals in this side is shocking, no goal threat whatsoever. Two CDM’s again, why?! Pelupessy is shocking I’d rather have Wildsmith playing 🤣

I said this in the summer. Our players scored something like 26 goals last season, but everyone said the goals will come from all over the team.  The recruiting in the summer was an absolute disgrace. It matters not whose fault that was now

• Like 3

Thompson does like 4231 it seems. Don't blame him, in theory should work with the dearth of attacking midfielders Chansiri has recruited.

However, needs pace and that looks like 451 to me. Bannan will drop deep, as will Reach. Needs more disciplined naturally attacking players to stay high up the pitch. 

Personally I'd play Bannan as the other holding midfielder and have more pace up top. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok then - wait for the interviews on those football podcasts

They usually get a more direct and honest answer and lots of truth about what went on

Carlos still picks the team and does the team talks.

Right now the players are in the dressing room listening to how we need to change the periodisation dynamic with Kachunga playing at the half ball line.

• Haha 1