Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

1 minute ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Anyone think Sally Cinnamon should be manager, chairman, tea lady & PR person? 

they know everything. 

post not poster mate - lets' not make things personal

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Anyone think Sally Cinnamon should be manager, chairman, tea lady & PR person? 

they know everything. 

No I don’t. It’s just the failings are so obvious. I’m not the only one saying these things.

• Love 1

Personally unsure on the move to Celtic, and if he was as good as some are making him out to be more clubs in England (premiership in particular) would have been after him

The standard of SPL overall is probably the same if not worse than the Championship & the lure of Europe is only likely if they get through qualification.. and I can’t see there being a huge draw in working under Neil Lennon?! 

Other than money I really don’t understand it. 

Disappointing news. You can't blame the player, who stands a good chance of playing in a title challenging team and playing in Europe next season, and making more money than he would get here. 

50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shaw has been training with the first team for a while. He went out on loan. He was being developed. The end of his development we won’t see because we failed to get him under contract.

It’s as simple as that really. You can’t make excuses for it. A strong athletic player here with good feet, can play in a couple of positions, calm on the ball - should not be allowed to walk away for peanuts. Its not the first time this has happened. And I hazard a guess it will also happen with Urhoghide.

Are you trying to say this is all just bad luck and we didn’t know young 18 year olds might get better at football? It’s poo mate, can’t dress it up any other way.

I didn't say it's bad luck, they hadn't realised his quality=bad on them

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I didn't say it's bad luck, they hadn't realised his quality=bad on them

Yeah that’s fair enough. I just feel if we had a CEO or DOF this is the kind of thing they’d be monitoring it and making sure doesn’t happen.

It’s just so depressing.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Personally unsure on the move to Celtic, and if he was as good as some are making him out to be more clubs in England (premiership in particular) would have been after him

The standard of SPL overall is probably the same if not worse than the Championship & the lure of Europe is only likely if they get through qualification.. and I can’t see there being a huge draw in working under Neil Lennon?! 

other than winning things and playing in front of 60k supports too? 

6 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

You can’t say that! It’s an amazing standard of football.
Stevie May is top scorer for the team in 8th place, doesn’t get better than that.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah that’s fair enough. I just feel if we had a CEO or DOF this is the kind of thing they’d be monitoring it and making sure doesn’t happen.

It’s just so depressing.

Why? If he was good then Monk and team would have been saying to DC this guy is good make sure he gets a new contract! Job titles are irrelevant

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

other than winning things and playing in front of 60k supports too? 

Tide looks to be turning up there  - he’s joining Celtic not Rangers. 

Celtic have a fantastic track record of signing young unknown players and selling them on to Premier league clubs for a fortune. Maybe  this was part of Shaws thinking when deciding to move there. 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why? If he was good then Monk and team would have been saying to DC this guy is good make sure he gets a new contract! Job titles are irrelevant

Coaches coach. They don’t sort out the contracts. 

1 minute ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Tide looks to be turning up there  - he’s joining Celtic not Rangers. 

theyll still win things, even if there only a 30% chance