Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What accounts do you have of the deal we have offered him?

I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't expect anything concrete to come from the Celtic interest so called that wrong. I said I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist until such time that anything developed, now unfortunately my knickers are fully twisted!

100% no blame at all to be attached to the player in this instance. Whether or not this proves to be a good move for him, time will tell but the fact we are in a position to allow this to happen if of our own making. 

Gonna rip the wife's knickers off when I get home,

elastic's killing me.

Could easily see Bannan and Reach being offloaded within the next 72 hours due to the news that broke last night? If we thought that the farce post-lockdown with Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri was bad, we haven’t seen nothing yet?

30 minutes ago, Minton said:

I know we did, Shaw confirmed it a few weeks ago.

But a first team prospect should have been tied up ages ago, even if we were still happy to sell, just to get some cash in and give ourselves bargaining power. Pathetically unprofessional......... again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jim said:

Could easily see Bannan and Reach being offloaded within the next 72 hours due to the news that broke last night? If we thought that the farce post-lockdown with Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri was bad, we haven’t seen nothing yet?

I get a sneaky feeling Bannan will join Shaw at Celtic when his contract is up

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think anyone is suggesting he hates Wednesday. We’re just face palming at the stupidity of our owner.  

From his perspective we’ve failed to tie him down long term and he now has the chance to speak to other clubs. How have we let it get to this situation?

All we’ve done this season is put an out of contract talented young player in the shop window for someone to sign for a fraction of what he could be worth if he was sold. 

Tell me more about your business credentials Chansiri. I can let you off the hook it happening once, but three times since you bought the club? 

It's the comments like "I can't blame him for getting away from this club" that are annoying-he's done well out of us, fair enough if Celtic offering him a lot more but he can't criticise how he's been developed here.

• Like 1

This is what really sticks in my throat.

The present regime throw huge contracts at players on their way down, with no resale value.

Yet we allow potential to walk away for nothing.

Whoever makes these decisions needs to take a look at our neighbours. Yes they let their young talent go but at least they get good money for them.

Its a joke.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh, he's got a way to go. No doubt. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in a squad. 

He's a young lad finding his feet in the game. 

I just think he'd be better finding them up there in a well run,  winning culture. Than here. 

Put it this way. 

Wednesday fan or not. If he were my lad I'd be man handling onto the train myself!

Money issue for me. No way he will have better short term development than playing 1st team football for his boyhood club whether that's in the Championship or League one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's the comments like "I can't blame him for getting away from this club" that are annoying-he's done well out of us, fair enough if Celtic offering him a lot more but he can't criticise how he's been developed here.

He probably won't be critical of the club for his time in the development team either, but seriously, can you blame him for looking elsewhere when we are what we currently are? 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Money issue for me. No way he will have better short term development than playing 1st team football for his boyhood club whether that's in the Championship or League one. 

They might loan him out to a team that don't lose every week playing negative tactics and not getting paid on time though. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He probably won't be critical of the club for his time in the development team either, but seriously, can you blame him for looking elsewhere when we are what we currently are? 

Yes because Wednesday struggling =/= bad for Shaw's development. Us struggling means he got 1st team opportunities in the first place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Stability issue for me.

This club is a clusterf*ck.

• Like 1