Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

The player is seeing League One looming and he's right. I was saying all along don't expect big things in this window. In the last window suitable provisions were not made. So no real change happening this window either. So as a result League one looks assured. League one obscurity and possibly then League Two, or cups and Europe? That's why and there's the gathering the little pennies in. If he does go on to have a few good years up there he might be worth a Bob or three by then. Good luck to him. 

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

He has been paid in full, unless you think he's earning more than £7k pw?

We are paying 7k a month , not a week.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not so sure. They need a combative midfield player to replace the aging lunatic Brown. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in their match day squads in all honesty. 

And given that. Or turning out here... unpaid...  in league division 3... being managed by some different  random blokes every 6 months...

No choice to make really. 

Only thing that would keep him here would be his heart overruling his head. 

I don't think he's anywhere near the level of their first team, he's been ok in a poor Wednesday side and still makes plenty of mistakes. Looks to have something about him but I think some people are getting carried away.

• Like 3

When it happens once, fair enough. Could be a bad agent, greedy player etc.

But when it happens 3 times in 3 years! Just abysmal club management. 

8 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He will regret going. For all the trouble we're in, he was playing 1st team for us and building a good reputation. He goes up there he's a small fish in a big pond, he won't make first team and will suffer for that.

That is open for debate but if we choose to freeze him out for the rest of the season if he agrees this move in the summer then we will regret it more. We are not in a position to be able to put him in the naughty corner for the next 22 games. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Hmm, maybe, for me I don't see how Shaw can have any gripe with the club, we have brought him through and he's left first chance he's got. It doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah just a pure coincidence our talented young players want to leave. Hirst, Clare now Shaw. All out to get Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 1
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah just a pure coincidence our talented young players want to leave. Hirst, Clare now Shaw. All out to get Sheffield Wednesday.

In before someone says 

HiRsT TuRnEd OuT CRaP

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Hmm, maybe, for me I don't see how Shaw can have any gripe with the club, we have brought him through and he's left first chance he's got. It doesn't sit well with me.

You are very biased then. I reckon more than 99% of players don't play for the club they support. I reckon 99.9% of humans don't live at home worshipping the parents that brought them up. You see an opportunity you move. Football is a dirty game with no loyalty. I would leave this club in a heartbeat if I was him.

• Like 2
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

That is open for debate but if we choose to freeze him out for the rest of the season if he agrees this move in the summer then we will regret it more. We are not in a position to be able to put him in the naughty corner for the next 22 games. 

Absolutely. If anything we should play him more as we don't need to worry about burnout if he's not going to be our asset. 

Congratulations to the lad. If he values his career he should leave. It’s not his fault that we were stupid enough not to at least get market value, let alone keep him.

Complete mismanagement of a football club.

• Like 1
Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't think he's anywhere near the level of their first team, he's been ok in a poor Wednesday side and still makes plenty of mistakes. Looks to have something about him but I think some people are getting carried away.

Well thank god he’s gone and we managed to get rid of him then

We don’t need him or anyone else 

In fact I’m glad we don’t have a manager either - they’re probably rubbish too

And strikers 

So glad we didn’t get any strikers - they’re all rubbish

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We are paying 7k a month , not a week.

Thanks for the correction. 

He's probably still paid in full though, I doubt he'll be on more than £1k pw as a academy graduate. 

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is what being broke actually looks like.

We can't (literally) offer him an acceptable contract.

. And it's going to get a whole lot worse. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In before someone says 

HiRsT TuRnEd OuT CRaP

cLaRe TuRnEd OuT cRaP

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No you misunderstood me, I don't think Shaw leaves cos he hates Wednesday and how they're treating him which is what is suggested by others. Obviously if he wants to leave they're offering better money. Playing 1st team football is better for development-which is what he's risking.

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

You are very biased then. I reckon more than 99% of players don't play for the club they support. I reckon 99.9% of humans don't live at home worshipping the parents that brought them up. You see an opportunity you move. Football is a dirty game with no loyalty. I would leave this club in a heartbeat if I was him.

Why don't you start supporting Celtic too then? lol

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The deal we’ve offered him is pathetic by all accounts. 

What accounts do you have of the deal we have offered him?

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Liam Shaw will be to blame don’t worry. 

I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't expect anything concrete to come from the Celtic interest so called that wrong. I said I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist until such time that anything developed, now unfortunately my knickers are fully twisted!

100% no blame at all to be attached to the player in this instance. Whether or not this proves to be a good move for him, time will tell but the fact we are in a position to allow this to happen if of our own making. 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

No you misunderstood me, I don't think Shaw leaves cos he hates Wednesday and how they're treating him which is what is suggested by others. Obviously if he wants to leave they're offering better money. Playing 1st team football is better for development-which is what he's risking.

Why don't you start supporting Celtic too then? lol

I prefer pain and misery disappointment, impending doom, a glimmer of hope followed by a full mental breakdown.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2