Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

Just a reminder of what Liam said a few weeks ago about his contract:

“It’s my boyhood club, it’s a dream to play for this club, it always is every time I go out there - it’d be perfect to stay.

“We’re in talks, but my agent’s sorting that out so I can’t really comment on that. Hopefully it’ll be done soon.”

Wouldn’t blame him if he leaves but I’d be delighted if he chooses to stay

• Like 1

Just now, beswetherick said:

Just a reminder of what Liam said a few weeks ago about his contract:

“It’s my boyhood club, it’s a dream to play for this club, it always is every time I go out there - it’d be perfect to stay.

“We’re in talks, but my agent’s sorting that out so I can’t really comment on that. Hopefully it’ll be done soon.”

Wouldn’t blame him if he leaves but I’d be delighted if he chooses to stay

The deal we’ve offered him is pathetic by all accounts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Let's be fair though. 

Potentially playing in front of 50k+ fans and one of the best atmospheres in Europe vs playing in front of the 23k silence and misery at Hillsborough.

Getting paid every week vs not getting paid every week

Champions League and Europa League football vs Championship or potentially LDV Vans trophy cup shield potato. 

Joining a club with global pedigree in producing star footballers through their academy vs a club that does the opposite of improve players.

Dont think anyone is disputing that, just the fact it's another kick in the knackers as we seem to have lost him without a fight 

No doubt DC will release a statement slagging him off saying we offered him a record breaking deal or summat. 

Edited by Eaton_Swfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do you know what one of the best and purest things about supporting a football club is?

Seeing a young lad break through into the first team. Even better when he’s a local lad who is Wednesday through and through.

The fact we’ve managed to balls this up without seeing him become a regular player in the team or selling him for good money - tells you all you need to know about Chansiri.

And George Hirst got absolute pelters for wanting out. 

DC has turned us into pure poison. 

this exactly 

it what every fan wants to see , a young Wednesday fan break into the team

and with a half competent owner would still be here 

• Like 2

Just now, Eaton_Swfc said:

Dont think anyone is disputing that, just the fact it's another kick in the knackers as we seem to have lost him without a fight 

No doubt DC will release a statement slagging him off saying we offered him a record breaking deal or summat. 

Yeah 100% agree. Can't wait to see how the fans are to blame on this one. 

• Like 1

Well, if,  he does go, good luck to the boy.

Hope he does well for himself.

And frankly. One wouldn't blame him if he did go. 

His heart might want to stay being a boyhood fan. 

But I'm sure his agent will realise what Wednesday is at the moment and advise him to do the best for his career. And rightly so.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

No club in the top two/three divisions should ever get to the stage where a teenager on the cusp of first-team breakthrough has less than 12 months left on their contract. 

This is the thing...loads of young players end up being released. But not when they are clearly improving and getting into the first team. It's not like he just got plonked into the team. All the coaches and staff clearly thought he was good enough. So why wait until he's got a few MoM performances in a row before trying to sign him up.

This smacks of DC dropping the ball....again. Just like with Hirst, DC would be saying why should we pay a youth player a first teamed wage.....well DC, this is why.

• Like 1

Something else that's turned out well under the leadership of Chansiri. Is it £300,000 or less and no sell on fee? Why does this not happen at other clubs? Has to be a common dinominator going on here. It seems to be decisions from the top. All started when money was spaffed out under a journeyman manager and nothing sensible as ever followed. 

• Like 1