Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

8 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Shaw needs to know that he is a complete and utter rat if he leaves.

He will always be the player who sh*tted on the club that raised him.

Grow and smell the coffee theres only one rat and the club and it not a young lad called shaw.

Who probably is not injured, he's probably been sent home we know DC has form for it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True I suppose.

Do you think the club have handled this well? 

As a club probably not but as ever we don't know all the facts.

If there is blame I suggest it goes far beyond DC but he seems the only one getting flack.

How many managers and coaches at the club in the past 2 years. Surely they are aware of contract lengths, if not why not. Haven't they got a responsibility to instruct the club to get key players and bright prospects tied to appropriate contracts. If they have and DC has rejected these, well then he deserves all the grief coming his way but I suspect this doesn't always happen.

8 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I 100% agree with Bluesteel.

If Shaw thinks he can in your wors sneak ourt of the back door then he will always be known as the nasty rat who sh*tted on the club that raiesed him.

I’m sorry but that is a ridiculous comment to make. How can you even justify a statement like that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Yes we are all feeling gutted that a raving lunatic in Chansiri is destroying the club.

But that still does not excuse a young lad sh*tting on his doorstep.

Give up.

Be realistic.

Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Just now, Owls Loyal said:

The thing Shaw needs to remember is that he will doubtless still have family and friends in the Sheffield area.

He was always be known as the rat who sh*tted on the people whio raised him.

And that will be the case for the rest of his life.

We don't know any details so if he's been offered significantly more than we have offered, you can't blame the lad. 

In terms of development  he might well be better staying with us. I see Clare is at Oxford now in L1 and not always making the first eleven. Whatever happens, DC has clearly not learned much re the situation with Clare.

2 minutes ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

Right now I need 11 positives. 10 just to cancel out the negatives from this month, & 1 just so I can have a positive 

DC looks at more like a further -10 negatives to get back to 0. i.e. -10 - -10 = 0.

I suspect that he may want to use this approach in the accounts.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So Bannan has got offered a new deal, probably a 2 year deal, probably at least £20k a week. In 2 years Bannan will be worth less than a million.

Shaw is probably on less than £5k a week, but if he keeps playing and improving he could be worth £10m with the premium on young English players, add to that he could develop into a box to box midfielder.

The next 2 season Shaw costs less £500k, the next two season of Bannan he could cost £2m.

Bannan will resign the deal, but Shaw won't have been offered anywhere near £5k we lose to Celtic for probably about £300k compensation fee.

The false economy of the DC reign, he does not value youth players never has never will. May as well shut the academy now and save some money.

I believe Shaw is on £500 a week

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I just hope it gets sorted soon. 

If that means he's off then fair enough. Good luck to the lad. Get out of his joke of a club whilst you can. 

Don't need some protracted, drawn out saga like George Hirst. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

On paper it’s a good move to a bigger club but it’s not great for his development IMO. Celtic’s overall record of improving players at his age is poor.

Best of luck to him but I give it 12-18 months and he’ll be on loan at St Mirren or someone equally pish. And he won’t be playing in Europe.

Really are you sure, I seem to remember some pretty big transfer fees over the last few years for young players Celtic either developed themselves or took from other academy.

They have made £8m yesterday on a player they signed for nothing from Man City, dembele from Fulham cost £500k sold for £20m, Tierney to Arsenal £25m for a 22 yr old.

No Celtic know exactly what they are doing and doing it very well