Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think anyone is suggesting he hates Wednesday. We’re just face palming at the stupidity of our owner.  

From his perspective we’ve failed to tie him down long term and he now has the chance to speak to other clubs. How have we let it get to this situation?

All we’ve done this season is put an out of contract talented young player in the shop window for someone to sign for a fraction of what he could be worth if he was sold. 

Tell me more about your business credentials Chansiri. I can let you off the hook it happening once, but three times since you bought the club? 

Can I just ask, what did you see in Shaw before this season that made you think he was worth a new contract on “first team” wages?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Last few times i've logged onto here, i've seen worse and worse news.

I have a choice, remain permanently logged in or don't come back for a few weeks!

I could not feel more despondent right now and I know we aren't even rock bottom.

I have genuinely considered coming off all social media as all the SWFC stuff just gets worse and worse and things are bad enough in the real world. People need an escape not another hoof in the knackers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Each case as it comes, I agree. 

Shaw isn't a kid in the reserves that no one knows about. 

He's a first team squad player. 

A young first team squad player. 

We have sat here and moaned about our aging crocks over the past two or 3 years. Sat in the sick bay on large contracts doing nothing to help the first team while coining it in. 

We have weekly threads moaning about Pelupessy. 

Yet here we are. About to let a young first team player slip away for what will amount to a pittance...

That's the real issue.

It's not really about Shaw or whether he will make it as such.

giphy.gif

No, It's about this being another glaring example, a light house flashing warning , about our rocks of doom that are our " business model"

Good post - although there isn't a business model is there?

It seems the club now solely exists to line third party pockets.

I suspect those rocks are closer than any of us even thought possible.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

A talented but junior employee chooses to leave a £25m company and you really think it would warrant a root and branch investigation? Come on mate. The club is a mess but at least let us supporters try and stay real in the midst of the madness. 

Might be an employee but that employees contract is also an asset of the business.

Don't know many other businesses who'd let a potential revenue generating asset go for nothing. They wouldn't be in business for long if they did.

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Can I just ask, what did you see in Shaw before this season that made you think he was worth a new contract on “first team” wages?

I don’t think anyone saw this coming, ideally he would’ve been signed on another year before he made a debut if he was part of Monks plans.

Club should tie him down to protect themselves. 

But whilst I am clearly in the minority, I think he owes us the club (regardless of what people think of the owner) for the years in the academy, professional opportunity and leaving for a few hundred thousand at the first whiff of interest would leave a bitter taste for me. None of this self depreciating “get yourself away ASAP” rubbish is appropriate in my view.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

People losing their 5h1t over a player they had never heard of 6 months ago 

tbh if it wasn't for that assist at Exeter people wouldn't be that bothered. He was an OK raw kid until then with a couple of steady performances at best, probably the most notable things he did was get a red card against Reading and score a tap in against Boro, but then after Exeter people lost their minds and proclaimed him as a wonder kid.

So there you go, it's the fans' fault again - if we hadn't got carried away Celtic would have never even heard of him. 

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I really don’t blame him. There must be some level of professional embarrassment amongst our players to be involved with this shambles. If I was a young player wanting to build a career, I’d be wanting away too.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think anyone saw this coming, ideally he would’ve been signed on another year before he made a debut if he was part of Monks plans.

Club should tie him down to protect themselves. 

But whilst I am clearly in the minority, I think he owes us the club (regardless of what people think of the owner) for the years in the academy, professional opportunity and leaving for a few hundred thousand at the first whiff of interest would leave a bitter taste for me. None of this self depreciating “get yourself away ASAP” rubbish is appropriate in my view.

The fact the club offered him a contract as soon as it became clear he could possibly make the grade says the have tried, unfortunately there is no loyalty in football once the agents get involved it is all about money. 

can you imagine the meltdown on here if we had signed him on £10k a week 3 year deal after one good carabao cup game only for him never to play in the first team again. 

• Love 1

Minton disagrees that if Shaw leaves he is a complete rat who has sh*tted on the club who have developed him for over 10 years.

Compare that to Eze at QPR who as thanks to the club for developing signed a new contract when he did not need to

QPR then sold him to Palace last summer for £15 million

• Like 1

For a young player there should be plenty of head room here to play regularly and make a name for yourself in England. Which is where many SPL players end up aiming to come back to. If you’re playing well in someone’s first team each week there is no professional embarrassment whatsoever the hyperbole around this is ridiculous 

If he's a Wednesday supporter he shouldn't go but you can understand why he would.... 

Time to stop this NOW  

Chansiri MUST GO! 

ENOUGH NOW

LETS ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND 

OUR FUTURE IS NOT UPTO CHANSIRI  TO CHANGE HES RUN PUT OF CHANCES..... ITS UP TO US NOW! 

WHAT ARE WE PREPARED TO DO