I’m finally broken...

You’re doing the right thing 

We need to get the message out on all social media platforms to boycott this match and future matches 

I’m still under the impression the chairman is oblivious to us wanting him out. Wouldn’t surprise me seeing as he’s oblivious to most other things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Apologies not trying to start a Chansiri out debate this post is more cathartic than anything else.

I’ve watched almost all the matches on iFollow this season through the bad to woeful performances but I’m finally broken and the club won’t be seeing another penny from me until there is serious change.

The inevitability of Shaw leaving leaves a sour taste in the mouth that there is no plan for the future.

The constant shroud around the ‘committee’ that make these random decisions has finally become too much.

The constant finger pointing at people rather than admitting our failures and trying to learn from them publicly embarrassing the club and putting off any potential players, managers or buyers from a club that’s so rotten at the core.

It really has come to something when after 30 odd years of watching and following Wednesday I’ve suddenly found myself looking for an NFL team to follow because I find it more entertaining.

I’m not one of the Chansiri out gang, he’s invested a lot of money and I’m sure his intentions were good just misguided and naive. One thing he has been successful in though is turning me away from not just Wednesday but football completely.

With a heavy heart I’ll watch from afar waiting for our next knight in shining armour to take us back to where we used to be because I can cope with being a bad team that gets relegated, I can’t cope with a club that is an embarrassment.

Sorry to see you go mate, but we wont abandon you we will wait as long as it takes for you to come back to us,

farewell my friend, and good luck out there, stay safe.

We will miss you.

😟

30 minutes ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Apologies not trying to start a Chansiri out debate this post is more cathartic than anything else.

I’ve watched almost all the matches on iFollow this season through the bad to woeful performances but I’m finally broken and the club won’t be seeing another penny from me until there is serious change.

The inevitability of Shaw leaving leaves a sour taste in the mouth that there is no plan for the future.

The constant shroud around the ‘committee’ that make these random decisions has finally become too much.

The constant finger pointing at people rather than admitting our failures and trying to learn from them publicly embarrassing the club and putting off any potential players, managers or buyers from a club that’s so rotten at the core.

It really has come to something when after 30 odd years of watching and following Wednesday I’ve suddenly found myself looking for an NFL team to follow because I find it more entertaining.

I’m not one of the Chansiri out gang, he’s invested a lot of money and I’m sure his intentions were good just misguided and naive. One thing he has been successful in though is turning me away from not just Wednesday but football completely.

With a heavy heart I’ll watch from afar waiting for our next knight in shining armour to take us back to where we used to be because I can cope with being a bad team that gets relegated, I can’t cope with a club that is an embarrassment.

same here, 1973 my first match but now i'm finished (which means i won't be taking my grandson either,more generations lost).

there isn't one person that has done as much damage to the club (since 1867) as Mr Chansiri ... not one! he likes to blame other people (fans/customers) but he needs to look in the mirror !!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Feeling exactly the same. My first game was in 1965 ish Everton at home. Obviously totally taken by the cup run the following season. Joined this site in the dark days of Dave Allen, and more of a reader the contributor 

Followed the club through the dark days of division 3. Although don’t remember it being so bad at all. Massive away days following. Every away game felt like home.

Season ticket for the last 6 years, paying-on the gate kop supporter before that. Met the chairmen at the anniversary dinner. Remember shaking his hand and over the top thanking him for saving our club. Hope he remembers! Should he read this.

Maybe the fantastic Wembley experience, makes now even more painful. The support on that day, a treasured memory.

Watched many games on ifollow firstly part of the rebate offer, since then like many, spent at least £100 £10 a time. Not anymore. The Shaw situation after Hirst shows clearly the club is in free fall. He was a shining light in the recent weeks. The last light extinguished for me.

Sad days 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, christo said:

Feeling exactly the same. My first game was in 1965 ish Everton at home. Obviously totally taken by the cup run the following season. Joined this site in the dark days of Dave Allen, and more of a reader the contributor 

Followed the club through the dark days of division 3. Although don’t remember it being so bad at all. Massive away days following. Every away game felt like home.

Season ticket for the last 6 years, paying-on the gate kop supporter before that. Met the chairmen at the anniversary dinner. Remember shaking his hand and over the top thanking him for saving our club. Hope he remembers! Should he read this.

Maybe the fantastic Wembley experience, makes now even more painful. The support on that day, a treasured memory.

Watched many games on ifollow firstly part of the rebate offer, since then like many, spent at least £100 £10 a time. Not anymore. The Shaw situation after Hirst shows clearly the club is in free fall. He was a shining light in the recent weeks. The last light extinguished for me.

Sad days 

My sentiments exactly. Been going since 1964 and now I have totally given up on them. 

I was going to send my grandson in America a shirt for his birthday in March but not giving Mr Chansiri any more of my money. The sooner he goes the better.

why would any decent player, manager or even adviser want to work for the man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

And this my friend is what it will take,however distasteful it is to some

• Like 1

I can help you with that decision pal....become a Green Bay Packer 

Northern working class fan base, great traditions, no fancy dome stadium and perennial under achievers ...

perfect fit for a bored wednesdayite 😁

• Like 1

Not sure how you can say you don’t want Chansiri out and in the same paragraph admit he’s put you off not just Wednesday but football completely?!

That said, I totally agree with the sentiment. Money, Sky, Covid and Chansiri have all combined in the last few years to slowly turn me away from football / Wednesday. But of those it’s mostly Chansiri and the last few months has been - like you say - a complete embarrassment 

• Thanks 1

Look at today's side cocka..even more depressing..ffs

3 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Pretty much how I feel mate. In fact it’s exactly how I feel, bar the NFL stuff

3 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

I know the feeling m8. This is horrible. I've cancelled my subscription to EFL for next season (it was on auto renewal.) I paid $180.00 for this season. Not worth it.