How do we protest in a lockdown?

I’m sadly feeling something of a hypocrite because Mrs Bonvin wanted to get our two youngest grandsons a Wednesday kit each for their birthdays, so I’ve ordered them from the online shop. I did try and convince her that we shouldn’t be giving any money to the current regime but she was insistent.

How sad is that, I shouldn’t feel bad for getting them a kit should I? They’ll look absolutely gorgeous (I’m biased, I know) but the thought of having given money to Chansiri is grating on me, and that’s what it’s come to.  I’m not buying something any more from the club I follow and which I want my grandsons to follow. I’m buying from a complete and utter buffoon who wouldn’t care if there wasn’t a club for my grandsons to follow any more.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

The single, most significant act,  would be for people to start asking for their credit card companies to charge the club back for their 2020/21 season tickets. I'd say there's a legitimate case for a refund.

I'm convinced this would rattle Chansiri more than anything else.

What reaction it would get, I'm not sure, but if people want to make a noise, this could be the way to do it.

Already done it for two tickets for 19 / 20 refund, will now do it for 20 / 21 one as well

• Like 1

DC thinks it's a small minority of social media non-fans who have an issue and real fans just support without objection.

Create a simple website with the list of failings, concerns etc and the ability to submit your name and season ticket number or online shop ID to show how many paying fans agree with the issues. Change.org would be great but with the ability to prove its actual paying fans, would add weight to it. Publish it across all platforms and deliver details direct to the club.

Well a good start would be not handing over your money to watch the game this afternoon. All those folk that got Wednesday merch this Xmas take it back and ask for a refund and no-one buy anything else. Everyone write an email outlining their issues - in a polite, non-aggressive manner - and bombard the club with them. We need to hit him in the pocket and make a nuisance of ourselves.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

What Owlstalk has said 

We need national media coverage 

Sounds bloody sad, but who are the ‘influencers’ out there with big reach that are involved with Wednesday? 

Michael Vaughan? Waddle? Surely they have contacts within the media to highlight these issues and the campaign if one is started.

Anyone more high profile than that? 

Any media coverage should include the Thai press.  Not sure how this could be done but UK coverage won’t bother DC at all. If the intention is to really hit him where it hurts it will be his pride

• Thanks 1

I read on Twitter that someone on Facebook was apparently planning a sit-in demonstration at the ground today.

Sounds utterly bizarre and unlikely and even if it were to happen the club would probably dismiss it as being a few people not representative of the fan base.

Would be interesting though if something like this were to happen even if it only disrupted the game for a minute or two. Got seen on I-follow and then took off in terms of discussion on social media. A bit like when Charlton fans were chucking stuff onto the pitch to disrupt their games in protest at their ownership.  

5 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Any media coverage should include the Thai press.  Not sure how this could be done but UK coverage won’t bother DC at all. If the intention is to really hit him where it hurts it will be his pride

I was thinking the same myself. He would hate that if it was published in his own country. Some of the bigger Thai press follow English football & have online English versions. Wonder what daddy would think of that.