BREAKING - Players not getting paid in full / properly AGAIN

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know this?

I'm finding it hard to understand how anyone can assess someone's financial situation

You only have to look at the sheer number of ex-pro's who talk about how they were paid shedloads, but their outgoings were higher

Cars, houses, loans, gambling etc 

Therein lies the problem. Overinflated lifestyles on overinflated wages. They need to get a grip, as Ronio has alluded to, things are going to take a massive tumble throughout the leagues. 

Sympathy ain't due, when thousands of fans are owed money for 20/21 season tickets that they can I'll afford. 

£910 in my case, paid in debit card and cash. Cash element I'll probably never recover.

Just now, Doghouse Daz said:

Therein lies the problem. Overinflated lifestyles on overinflated wages. They need to get a grip, as Ronio has alluded to, things are going to take a massive tumble throughout the leagues. 

Sympathy ain't due, when thousands of fans are owed money for 20/21 season tickets that they can I'll afford. 

£910 in my case, paid in debit card and cash. Cash element I'll probably never recover.

All issues are equal
Neither should be happening

Rather than criticise another bloke for not getting his money you should be stood in total solidarity with the other folks 

Owlstalk Shop

Chairman comes out and slags off another manager for unprofessionalism then shows just how unprofessional he is by missing the players wages again.

The man is a complete and utter joke.

Without the fans paying for everything there is no money.

The end is nie we can but hope he sells up to someone more professional with the ability to run a business because other than Derby who are in the middle of a takeover none of the other 22 teams in our league are having problems paying staff.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Doghouse Daz said:

They can take a hit for a few months, same as us waiting for refunds. Stop being so pedantic. 

You're right, of course.

The problem is that they'll down tools again and we'll get relegated.

They'll ultimately get paid anyway, and then they'll walk away.

51 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Now it’s been reported abit clearer than last time, the max a player will get is 7k. Not 7k a week but 7k for the month.

Regardless of what you think about overpaid footballers, we have players that are taking home 20-30k a week.

7k for the month is 7% of a player earning 25k a weeks salary. If it’s 7k after tax it’s 13% of that players salary.

As said before, lifestyle tends to be relative to wages. Footballers tend to own property as investments, or for family, for example.

So the question to the people saying ‘Bloody hell, wish I was on 7k a month!’ is could you stand a month on 7% or 13% of your salary?

Not quite the same for normal people. Most normal people spend more than 13% of their salary on the essentials. The rich have a much bigger % of less necessary expenses over and above heating, clothes, food etc.

Just now, the mighty wednesday said:

Not quite the same for normal people. Most normal people spend more than 13% of their salary on the essentials. The rich have a much bigger % of less necessary expenses over and above heating, clothes, food etc.

Where did that come from?

Owlstalk Shop

IT IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT WHAT AN EMPLOYEE SPENDS THEIR MONEY ON

TOTALLY IRRELEVANT

A wealthy billionaire owner who boasts about his wealth owes fans money for season ticket refunds, and owes players their wages

In what world does that mean the billionaire wealth braggers gets let off the hook because someone thinks the other group spends more on clothes?

FOOOOOK ME - have you heard yourselves???

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Most normal people don’t have 5 figure mortgage repayments every month either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TOTALLY IRRELEVANT

A wealthy billionaire owner who boasts about his wealth owes fans money for season ticket refunds, and owes players their wages

In what world does that mean the billionaire wealth braggers gets let off the hook because someone thinks the other group spends more on clothes?

It’s bloody mental.

Imagine in any other business if an employee wasn’t getting paid on time. Just imagine. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Where did that come from?

Just saying. It is probably easier for a footballer to live on 13% of his salary than most normal/ordinary people. At least on 13% of a player's salary you should be able to buy the essentials. Not saying they shouldn''t have their contracts honoured just sticking up for us normals  lol

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TOTALLY IRRELEVANT

FOOOOOK ME

Who's this billionaire you speak of ?

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s bloody mental.

Imagine in any other business if an employee wasn’t getting paid on time. Just imagine. 

One time I was a senior manager in a business overseeing hundreds of employees

One morning I woke up and wages hadn't gone in so I contacted them all to tell them not to go in until their wages had

We got paid later that day 

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

One time I was a senior manager in a business overseeing hundreds of employees

One morning I woke up and wages hadn't gone in so I contacted them all to tell them not to go in until their wages had

We got paid that day

lol

It’s like in any other walk of life. You sign a contract saying you’ll get paid X amount on this day of the month. You’ll be thoroughly pee’d off if it doesn’t arrive on one occasion, let alone multiple times.

And people wonder why we went from 3rd Christmas 2019 to bottom of the league in the space of a year?  

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TOTALLY IRRELEVANT

If you stop shouting you will take the time to read the post that I was replying to.

I have said before in this thread that they should be paid in full. But I do not accept the point made in the post I was replying to that the relevant question is that 13% for them is the same as !3% for us for the reasons I have stated in the reply and again in my reply to you.

CALM DOWN FOR GODS SAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT MAKE ME ANGRY TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, the mighty wednesday said:

If you stop shouting you will take the time to read the post that I was replying to.

I have said before in this thread that they should be paid in full. But I do not accept the point made in the post I was replying to that the relevant question is that 13% for them is the same as !3% for us for the reasons I have stated in the reply and again in my reply to you.

CALM DOWN FOR GODS SAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT MAKE ME ANGRY TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I WASN'T SPEAKING TO YOU FFS

I WAS JUST SHOUTING OUT LOUD WHILST LOOKING UP AT THE SKY AND SHAKING MY FISTS AT JESUS

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

You're right, of course.

The problem is that they'll down tools again and we'll get relegated.

They'll ultimately get paid anyway, and then they'll walk away.

Ultimately, players will get paid. We won't, when we're in admin.

9 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Most normal people don’t have 5 figure mortgage repayments every month either. 

No but most people live up to their means with a bigger proportion of their salary required just to survive. I'm not saying the players shouldn't be paid in full and it is disgraceful that they haven't but it is not quite the same as someone with less resources not getting paid in full.

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

No but most people live up to their means with a bigger proportion of their salary required just to survive. I'm not saying the players shouldn't be paid in full and it is disgraceful that they haven't but it is not quite the same as someone with less resources not getting paid in full.

It's the same

Everyone should get paid what they're owed

Equally

Equal

Nobody is more or less deserving than anyone else who hasn't been paid on time as promised by a wealthy businessman

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop