Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

*bangs head against brick wall, as posters continue to miss the key point in all of this*

I feel your pain, I tried the other day and it's like banging your head into a brick wall.

I got this back mostly

4vn8gd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, G-Reg said:

WIthout piling on misery, according to the transfermarkt.co.uk, in contract players for next season are;

Julian Börner

Liam Palmer

Callum Paterson

Massimo Luongo

Dominic Iorfa

Chey Dunkley

Josh Windass

Joe Wildsmith

Korede Adedoyin

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

Cameron Dawson

Not sure how long Andre Green and Sam Hutchinson have signed for. I suspect we have options to extend on a few of those out of contract at the end of this season.

If we get relegated other clubs will pick off most of those on the cheap.  Only Dele-Bashiru's and Dawson's contract run past the 21/22 season.

Challenging for the play offs with that squad  

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We never sell players - DC out! 

what a disgrace selling Shaw - DC out ! 

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

As he’s out of contract at seasons end he can leave for free, best we can hope for is nominal compensation because of his age. Good luck to the lad I don’t blame him for wanting to better himself 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

If he signs a pre contract we won’t get a penny . If he had been offered a reasonable contract 3 weeks ago the odds are he would have signed and then be worth a few quid

How do you know we haven't offered a reasonable contract? He could well have said I will wait and see what comes in and the challenge of European football is going to be hard to turn down

• Haha 1

You can bet he has not even been offered a contract what with our current sh*t show.

Begs the question what is the actual point in having a Youth set up ?  Very few come through to be first team regulars and when we do have a potential asset don't get our arses in gear to be able to profit.

Look at Jude Bellingham last season.  Not saying Shaw is the same level but one good season and he is on the move for £30m.

Just now, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

You can bet he has not even been offered a contract what with our current sh*t show.

Begs the question what is the actual point in having a Youth set up ?  Very few come through to be first team regulars and when we do have a potential asset don't get our arses in gear to be able to profit.

Look at Jude Bellingham last season.  Not saying Shaw is the same level but one good season and he is on the move for £30m.

If we’d signed Shaw up this time last year, we could have sold him for 2/3m if clubs came knocking. He’d have signed the contract too. 

Instead our dithering means he’ll leave and we’ll probably get a bag of crisps and a can of Irn Bru.

27 minutes ago, G-Reg said:

WIthout piling on misery, according to the transfermarkt.co.uk, in contract players for next season are;

Julian Börner

Liam Palmer

Callum Paterson

Massimo Luongo

Dominic Iorfa

Chey Dunkley

Josh Windass

Joe Wildsmith

Korede Adedoyin

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

Cameron Dawson

Not sure how long Andre Green and Sam Hutchinson have signed for. I suspect we have options to extend on a few of those out of contract at the end of this season.

If we get relegated other clubs will pick off most of those on the cheap.  Only Dele-Bashiru's and Dawson's contract run past the 21/22 season.

Andre Green has an 18 month contract, Hutchinson 6 months.

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

How do you know we haven't offered a reasonable contract? He could well have said I will wait and see what comes in and the challenge of European football is going to be hard to turn down

When Dawson and Pelupessy are the only two players who’ve renewed their contracts in the last 2 years it indicates we aren’t offering great terms on contract renewals 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep. Sacking Pulis wasn’t something to sing and dance about.

He had a plan. DC wouldn’t let him execute it. He left. A month later we have absolutely no plan at all and are heading for the drop.

Hate Pulis all you want but he was trying to sort the club out. Whether you like his style or not. 

Just like Monk. The issue with Pulis was, he wasn't winning whilst doing it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robowl4life said:

We’re going to lose a generation of fans. We’ve become a joke of a club. It’s painful. 
Can’t blame Shaw, good luck to the lad.

Absolutely...it says something when we can't keep a Wednesday fan who has only played a handful of games at the club, because we are such a shambles

Like most others on here, I can't blame the lad and hope he goes on to a great career

16 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

When Dawson and Pelupessy are the only two players who’ve renewed their contracts in the last 2 years it indicates we aren’t offering great terms on contract renewals 

You can't have it both ways - we have all openly stated on here that we have been overpaying our players, so Shaw will have been given a contract offer that reflected his current squad status. 

• Haha 1