Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

And that's part of the reason why we have zero chance of staying up.

The thing is though we had 10 players out of contract last season - Fessi, Fletcher, Hutch, Fox etc all left and we replaced then with Windass, Kachunga, Brown, Dunkley

its like buying a new sport car and ripping out the engine and putting a Morris minor engine in. its going to look good but the performance is going to be useless.

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

He’s definitely got potential but let’s see how he performs over the course of a season (well it looks like we won’t be able to in the championship) but consistency is key

Could turn out to be another Jordan Thorniley/George Hirst...some good early games but then prooved not to be good enough for championship level.

without sounding bitter, lets hope for our case it’s the same with Shaw. In which case it wouldn’t be as big a loss as what it would appear now. 

Its the principle. If we keep letting our best young players leave for peanuts. Sooner or later one will bite us on the arse. Shaw has all the attributes to go for a lot of money. That potential won’t be realised by here because our chairman is completely incapable of running a business. 

9 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The out of contract list in June:

Barry Bannan
Kadeem Harris
Alex Hunt
Elias Kachunga
Tom Lees
Moses Odubajo
Joey Pelupessy
Matt Penney
Adam Reach
Jordan Rhodes
Liam Shaw
Osaze Urhoghide
Joost van Aken
Keiren Westwood

and Sam Hutchinson 

Guest wilyfox
18 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps that's what he was told.

I’m sure Thompson would know whether one of our players is injured or not.

11 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The out of contract list in June:

Barry Bannan
Kadeem Harris
Alex Hunt
Elias Kachunga
Tom Lees
Moses Odubajo
Joey Pelupessy
Matt Penney
Adam Reach
Jordan Rhodes
Liam Shaw
Osaze Urhoghide
Joost van Aken
Keiren Westwood

WIthout piling on misery, according to the transfermarkt.co.uk, in contract players for next season are;

Julian Börner

Liam Palmer

Callum Paterson

Massimo Luongo

Dominic Iorfa

Chey Dunkley

Josh Windass

Joe Wildsmith

Korede Adedoyin

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

Cameron Dawson

Not sure how long Andre Green and Sam Hutchinson have signed for. I suspect we have options to extend on a few of those out of contract at the end of this season.

If we get relegated other clubs will pick off most of those on the cheap.  Only Dele-Bashiru's and Dawson's contract run past the 21/22 season.

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Good prospect Shaw but only had the outstanding game against 4th division Exeter. 

This reminds me of kid that went to Hearts other year, he's turned out that good I can't even remember his bloody name. lol

*bangs head against brick wall, as posters continue to miss the key point in all of this*

• Like 3

If he goes he goes, so long as we get some money for him and hopefully a sell on fee. Priorities are not really midfield/CB atm, use the cash to buy a CF.

Looked like he had some potential but by the same stroke could be yet another failed academy product in a year or two's time, so won't lose any sleep over this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Good prospect Shaw but only had the outstanding game against 4th division Exeter. 

This reminds me of kid that went to Hearts other year, he's turned out that good I can't even remember his bloody name. lol

Sean Clare.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

The fact that he might turn out crap yet makes it even worse. If we cant even keep hold of the ones that dont eventually make the grade then what chance have we got if we actually get one that will.  

• Thanks 1

You’ve got to give it to the club 

I don’t think they could get it as bad if they had advisors trying to make it worse 

I mean if the George Hirst fiasco want enough 

they stock pile senior pros on large contracts and let them run down failing to capatalise on the few offers we may have to turn a profit and attempt to reduce the defecit to balance the books 

they rarely send promising young talent out on loan. 

when young players look at breaking through they don’t secure the assets by Gettimg them signed up

this will be the second homegrown FAN of the club that they have some how let leave for peanuts 

The way we handle our playing staff and youth is shambolic who ever is advising chansiri needs to go but chansiri has to take full responsibility for accepting such advise he’s in charge and this simply isn’t good enough

for the love of god chansiri get rid of these advisors 

employ and chief executive and a director of football to be in the club daily running it for you and advising you on how to invest into this club 

you have lost the fan base and need to act quickly not one person buys into this paxo snake and wether he’s involved in this or not it’s just poison act now and be a leader not all leaders need full control and their say on everything 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION - If you were a player who'd supported Sheffield Wednesday all your life would you sign for us right now?

I'll go first - NO - I would not

I'd be away as fast as possible to the first decent offer from any other decent club

Celtic? I'd be on the train right now

Although he and his family are fans his career is a different matter.  He will remain a Wednesday fan but ply his trade wherever it takes him. 
This whole issue just brings the problems within the club to a head.  No forward thinking, and relegation staring us in the face. For a supposed businessman the whole situation is incredible. The chances of him realising any sort of return on his investment reduces daily.

8 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

If he goes he goes, so long as we get some money for him and hopefully a sell on fee. Priorities are not really midfield/CB atm, use the cash to buy a CF.

Looked like he had some potential but by the same stroke could be yet another failed academy product in a year or two's time, so won't lose any sleep over this.

If he signs a pre contract we won’t get a penny . If he had been offered a reasonable contract 3 weeks ago the odds are he would have signed and then be worth a few quid

3 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Although he and his family are fans his career is a different matter.  He will remain a Wednesday fan but ply his trade wherever it takes him. 
This whole issue just brings the problems within the club to a head.  No forward thinking, and relegation staring us in the face. For a supposed businessman the whole situation is incredible. The chances of him realising any sort of return on his investment reduces daily.

I really do question DC’s business credentials. To let the same happen to Shaw after what we went through with Hirst is staggering incompetence of the highest order.