Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If Chansiri had said the same about me as he did about Pulis in a press conference, then I'd certainly want to see him squirm.

Maybe some wouldn't, but many would. 

Well it's the scout of Celtic isn't it? What's Pulis got to do with Celtic?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Could this have been avoided though if the chairman.

1) didn’t appoint Pulis in the first place

2) didn’t fall out with him and slate him in public quite remarkably

3) gave Pulis and his backroom staff a bit more time to turn things round and support him in the job (I’m a firm believer regardless of who is in charge here you’ll get roughly the same results - as last night proved)

Yes if Poolis wasnt appointed then we dont know if Trusson would have had Shaw on his radar. I dont think the public slating mattered to be honest, if Trusson has been at Celtic for a while he will have friends there still and will have recommended Shaw. Doesn't have to be a sinister revenge element it's just how contacts work.

• Haha 1

this highlights just how inept he is at running any business, his portfolio is none existent he cant run anything letting assets go for nothing, no long term investment and no long term plan since hes been at the club the bloke needs to sell up for both our and his benefit. The future is looking dark and i cant help but fall out of love with the Club and I hate to say it but there's only so much disappointment one can take, when you see club like the pigs and leeds and even Barnsley and you look at the mess were in you think why bother. 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well it's the scout of Celtic isn't it? What's Pulis got to do with Celtic?

Mike Trusson was a scout at Celtic before Pulis brought him to Wednesday as his assistant. 

It's not too much of a stretch to think Trusson will still have contacts in the scouting setup at Celtic and may feel a certain loyalty towards the man who he recently worked under and whose name has recently been dragged through the dirt by Chansiri.

If Trusson were still at Wednesday working under Pulis, I'd be surprised if this Celtic link had suddenly popped up.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I wonder who Shaw's agent is.

Interlex Sport from what I can find seems to be a Spanish based company but also the agent for Liam Waldock.

Reading between the lines there either must be some affiliation with the club or a uk arm of the company.

4 hours ago, overlandandsea said:

Wednesdayite or not I wouldn't blame him for leaving. This club will only ruin his career. Be a huge shame though but weve shot ourselves in the foot not sorting his contract out earlier. 

To be fair quite a few of us thought the same about that other young player who thought the grass was greener in Scotland,what was his name now?  Oh and that other one ,was it Hirst, who went to Belgium ?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Told ya.

To be fair he’s got a point. Even without a job I’m sure Pulis has got better things to do then advise the scout at Celtic to poach our kid because he doesn’t like the chairman 

I’m sure Trusson worked with him for a couple months,  learnt he was out of contract in summer and had talent, and simply made Celtic aware of him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

To be fair he’s got a point. Even without a job I’m sure Pulis has got better things to do then advise the scout at Celtic to poach our kid because he doesn’t like the chairman 

I’m sure Trusson worked with him for a couple months,  learnt he was out of contract in summer and had talent, and simply made Celtic aware of him.

Still a bit of a foook up don’t you think? 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Huge f*ck up, but I don’t think it’s anything sinister.

What we’re seeing is a simple case of a club f**cking up securing a young talent, and an agent doing his job 

Yeah probably. But the fact Trusson was working for Wednesday as an assistant and then a few weeks later might be involved in poaching our best young player for peanuts is quite a big fizz up even for DC’s standards.

Actually, no it’s not at all. Pretty standard for DC. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Mike Trusson was a scout at Celtic before Pulis brought him to Wednesday as his assistant. 

It's not too much of a stretch to think Trusson will still have contacts in the scouting setup at Celtic and may feel a certain loyalty towards the man who he recently worked under and whose name has recently been dragged through the dirt by Chansiri.

If Trusson were still at Wednesday working under Pulis, I'd be surprised if this Celtic link had suddenly popped up.

Yeh exactly it's Trusson not Pulis

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We never sell players - DC out! 

what a disgrace selling Shaw - DC out ! 

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

We need to sell people that will a) make us plenty of money, in fees or saved wages, or b) will become a liability in a League 1 situation.

Shaw is neither someone we should be selling, nor if we do will we get a decent fee due to his contract situation.

But, you know, keep drinking that DC kool aid. 

Edited by cbirks

4 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Celtic equally are a toxic shitshow. They are a mess on and off the pitch and their fans recent protests and behaviour only adds to the current toxicity in the boardroom.

They also have an incredibly poor record of developing and improving young players. They’ve hoovered up loads of talent from clubs over the years for them to end up getting splinters in their arse stuck on the bench and ruining their development. Shaw is at an age and stage in his career where he needs to play, if he thinks he’s going up the road to play regular football he and his agent are completely deluded. He’ll get a wage rise but he’ll end up on loan and playing a handful of games at best.

I can understand him wanting to move, fair enough, I’d want out of this shitshow too, but Celtic is a poor choice.

I very much agree. If I was Shaw, I would be knocking at the doors of Brentford and like. A season in Championship is so much better than a season on the bench at Celtic.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Could be. Chansiri probably offering peanuts on a youth contract when he should be seen a first team squad  player and remunerated accordingly.

The moral to this is stop ******** about with short term deals for players and negotiate contract renewal earlier.....like a professionally run club would.

No player should go into the last year of their contract if the club wants to keep them. 

Personally, I think that's exactly the conversation between the agent and the club...and this is a bit of public pressure. It's working, look at this thread.

I would like to see how Shaw develops over the next couple of seasons but I think he has a long, long way to go until he's ready to be a Championship regular...so we should gave him a worthwhile contract, but I wouldn't be stupid with it...I would only offer what we feel he's worth.

If he feels he wants to go elsewhere because he values himself higher - then so be it. I think Celtic would be a terrible move for him though (and I also don't really believe the link tbh, but who knows if it's true or not).