Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You can't have it both ways - we have all openly stated on here that we have been overpaying our players, so Shaw will have been given a contract offer that reflected his current squad status. 

And if there’s a better offer on the table from elsewhere he’ll just leave like Fox and Fletcher did 

the lad makes out he is weds through and through without a doubt the supporters would back him here 100% playing for us , going to celtic and he will get lost like most lads do when they join a big club , i dont think its possible that a club like ours can be so badly run.

What’s quite funny about all this.

Pulis comes in. Rates Liam Shaw and gives him a shot in the first team. Pulis brings Mike Trusson along who was working as a scout for Celtic.

Chansiri falls out with Pulis 45 days into the job. Sacks Pulis and his backroom staff including Trusson.

No doubt Trusson goes back to his role at Celtic as a scout and says to the powers at Celtic. ‘I’ve just been sacked from Wednesday but I tell you what that Liam Shaw lad is a top talent and he’s out of contract in the summer. Put a bid in that club is a mess and I fancy a bit of payback for the way they treated my me and my mate Pulis.’

Shaw’s head gets turned and we lose out.

That’s just my personal opinion on what’s gone down. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just Trusson sticking two fingers up at Wednesday. In my opinion of course.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You can't have it both ways - we have all openly stated on here that we have been overpaying our players, so Shaw will have been given a contract offer that reflected his current squad status. 

You most certainly can.

Just because you don't want to pay out "fotty grand" a week to an ageing player with no sell on value, doesn't mean you can't offer a competitive divisional wage for an up & coming youngster. 

Infact not doing the first would lead to better all around wages for up and coming youngsters

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pulis comes in. Rates Liam Shaw and gives him a shot in the first team. Pulis brings Mike Trusson along who was working as a scout for Celtic.

Chansiri falls out with Pulis 45 days into the job. Sacks Pulis and his backroom staff including Trusson.

No doubt Trusson goes back to his role at Celtic as a scout and says to the powers at Celtic. ‘I’ve just been sacked from Wednesday but I tell you what that Liam Shaw lad is a top talent and he’s out of contract in the summer. Put a bid in that club is a mess and I fancy a bit of payback for the way they treated my me and my mate Pulis.’

That’s just my personal opinion on what’s gone down. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just Trusson sticking two fingers up at Wednesday. In my opinion of course.

I suspect this might be the case, too.

Pulis isn't going to take that public character assassination by Chansiri lying down.

He's much better connected in football circles than Chansiri is.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why are people bringing this revenge component in. If he's a scout it's merely his job to find them good players 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah I reckon that is what happened too. Can’t blame Trusson for doing that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why are people bringing this revenge component in. If he's a scout it's merely his job to find them good players 

Well exactly. Shaw is a good player. But it’s ironic a man who was on our coaching staff for a few weeks, leaves and is already straight to work poaching  our best young talent.

• Like 2

Close the academy. 

Yet another thing DC has messed up. Any decent prospect is allowed to leave. What’s the point?

If he had half a brain he would have invested heavily in the academy when he first took charge of the club. That might have saved him a lot of money and even made him some as we have seen from the pigs when they sold the two Kyles. 

Just another bad decision by a guy who’s quickly becoming one of our worst ever owners. Some are already there with that assessment. 

Could only happen to us this. Club can’t operate without a crisis. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Like hes some kind of bond villan hellbent on revenge. It happens in all forms of business, managers who leave certain companies to go to other ones you will bet the new company will start picking up contracts which they were associated with at the old one. It happens all the time I don't know why there has to be this revenge element just because its football and Poolis (who was rightfully sacked)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Like hes some kind of bond villan hellbent on revenge. It happens in all forms of business, managers who leave certain companies to go to other ones you will bet the new company will start picking up contracts which they were associated with at the old one. It happens all the time I don't know why there has to be this revenge element just because its football and Poolis (who was rightfully sacked)

Could this have been avoided though if the chairman.

1) didn’t appoint Pulis in the first place

2) didn’t fall out with him and slate him in public quite remarkably

3) gave Pulis and his backroom staff a bit more time to turn things round and support him in the job (I’m a firm believer regardless of who is in charge here you’ll get roughly the same results - as last night proved)

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Be yet another young star the chairman has totally failed the nail down because of his capacity for burning bridges. 

FFS

That and allowing players to continually get into their last six months.

12 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If Chansiri had said the same about me as he did about Pulis in a press conference, then I'd certainly want to see him squirm.

Maybe some wouldn't, but many would. 

• Like 1