Paul Cook turns down short term contract with Sheffield Wednesday

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Why is D.C. only offering 4 month contracts

Maybe some truth in the new investment/takeover in the summer but is dependant on staying in the Championship.

More than likely DC dithering as usual.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Chansiri needs to understand that he can't have everything on his own terms. Cook will want the stability of a reasonable length of contract, as will other reasonable candidates.

Are we to limit our search only to those so desperate they'll take the job on a short term deal?

Wonder if he has deal to sell us providing we are still in championship, and new owners want to clear decks and not have DC’s men. Or am I being too hopeful? 

DC has to either offer a longer contract to get a decent manager in or he might as well just give it to Thompson and hope he has enough to keep us up. 
Bit curious why he’s only offering 4 month contracts out unless he has somebody lined up in the summer?

Can’t see the issue with a 4 month contract , 

a) we don’t know what league we might be I 

b) Cook maybe a total disaster 

c) im sure there would be an option to extend if he kept us up 

tbf I’m glad his rejected it, if he isn’t confident he can’t do the job - personally I don’t want him - thought he wanted to prove himself obviously not 

• Like 1

Just now, Markowski77 said:

Can’t see the issue with a 4 month contract , 

a) we don’t know what league we might be I 

b) Cook maybe a total disaster 

c) im sure there would be an option to extend if he kept us up 

tbf I’m glad his rejected it, if he isn’t confident he can’t do the job - personally I don’t want him - thought he wanted to prove himself obviously not 

He'll get the opportunity to prove himself elsewhere with more job security. Meanwhile, we'll pick from those that won't get that option.

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What good uns? Only decent British based manager available is Cook in my opinion. Rest are poo .

Frank Lampards Sheffield Wednesday?

You back your own ability don't you? If he was confident then he would take the job for 4 month's and make it impossible not to be offered an extension by winning games and keeping us up. Not bothered either way about Cook but surely unless he has something else lined up employment wise then you take the 4 month's?

Edited by Prince
  • Like 2

Look at it from Cooks point of view, he’s got four months of constant 3 games a week, no time to build a squad, work with the players on training pitch, he’s just basically there to pick the eleven and try and be a man manager. If he fails his stock goes down, if he keeps us up it looks like he’ll probably be out of a job come the summer. You can understand him wanting some security of a longer contract.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Markowski77 said:

If he was that good a manager he would have been snapped up along time ago 

Not sure it's that straightforward.

He's not going to get a PL job, probably wouldn't apply for many L1 jobs, so really only looking at Championship. Not that many opportunities.

• Like 1