Coventry- V- Wednesday omdt

Thompson till the end of the season?   

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Thompson till the end of the season?

• YES- we're picking up results and that's all that matter at the minute.
    • NO- We need the new man in ASAP

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I really wonder if he knows what's going on? 

I don't think he's got a clue. Nobody who watched that could possibly think we have players competent enough to get us out of this division.. We missed Harris..... and he's not much use.

We had to set out with a positive line up and get our noses in front. We set out again without a striker and instead played two defensive midfielders.

Not my deal line-up, but I am guessing that it was not Thompson's ideal line up either. We have Covid in the camp and we don't know who's had it and who is still struggling, but we still set out with defensive line-up and paid for it.

They should have been down to ten men first half, but apart from that it was a horrible pitch, horrible picture, horrible ref etc

I was genuinely expecting a win tonight, yeah I know I can’t believe I’m actually saying that, but for the following reasons: 

- We’ve  had the time to bring in some ‘new’ faces

- We’ve had time off compared to other championship clubs

- Morale boosts of players coming back from injury

How wrong I was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

If Thompson gets the job it will be the biggest indication yet that no one in a position to make or influence a big decision at SWFC understands football. Wrong man, wrong time.  Better options who for the short and long term who want the job but “the three wise monkeys” appear more focussed on their egos and personal gain than to take clear decisive action. 

Based on what I’ve seen tonight given that Thompson &Co have had quite a bit of time with all the players apart from Hutchinson since our last game the Thompson shouldn’t even be a rank outsider for the job as SWFC manager.

His decision making, substitutions and the way the team was set up and played tonight leaves me fuming and absolutely fed up to the back teeth with the the current set up. 

As it stands at the moment we are grim, we all call the way the club has been run by a chairman that has lost it completely but now we have a squad that just look like they are playing down their contracts until their off at the end of the season. The end is nigh !!!   
I prey that some football minded enthusiast with a shed load of money gets Chansiri to sell the club and start a new era at S6

• Like 1

What nettles me is that I really don't think it is incompetence on Chansiri's part, or at least not entirely.

Nobody can be as stupid as that.

Surely the penny has dropped by now that this system isn't working, and that we need a DOF and a manager who can manage and choose his players.

IMO it's down to stubbornness why he persists with this system, pure and simple.

Like when he refused to dismiss Carlos, even though it was obvious that the players had given up on him.

Didn't he say he'd rather see Wednesday play in an empty Hillsborough than give Carlos his marching orders?

7 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Wouldn’t say no to that. Something different.

Someone to put some fight into them,cus that was gash....Him or Pearson or Ivic to scare the shi te out of em all and play for the shirt..Even Meggo...Bunch of fancy dans lot of em...

I really would take relegation if we went down fighting for the cause and give it a go,becuse the situation we are in is not of their making,its the powers that be...UTO...

• Like 1

We have two fundamental flaws: the ball never sticks when it goes up front; our midfield is not mobile enough to get up the pitch in numbers (Bannan is the only one). Between the half way line and the opposition box, we are outnumbered 2 to 1 every game. We need miracle plays to overcome this deficiency.

• Like 1