Coventry- V- Wednesday omdt

Thompson till the end of the season?   

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Thompson till the end of the season?

• YES- we're picking up results and that's all that matter at the minute.
    • NO- We need the new man in ASAP

That was dreadful. I don't know what the game plan was, only that it failed miserably because it was a horribly ineffectual performance. I couldn't point to a single positive from it. Just a depressing and dispiriting evening all-in-all.  Coventry didn't even play well.  Of course, they didn't need to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I still think Thompson will get the job but tonight hasn’t done him any favours. This squad is just a one paced unbalanced mess. We need to start from scratch and that time is not far away.

If Thompson gets the job it will be the biggest indication yet that no one in a position to make or influence a big decision at SWFC understands football. Wrong man, wrong time.  Better options who for the short and long term who want the job but “the three wise monkeys” appear more focussed on their egos and personal gain than to take clear decisive action. 

2 minutes ago, kristmace said:

I'm one of Hutch's biggest fans, but putting him straight into the side a few days after signing and a full year since his last game at his level is stupid!

And here they come.

Let's get the excuses out for our much loved Huch.

Pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Penny stood in penalty area and let ball cross behind him with no effort. There player on his own. Poor marking and awareness 

Penney was a horror show, people should stop asking after him now though. In a preseason game vs Lincoln, he was ripped apart time and time again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

But they told us we would be invincible with Hutchinson and Westwood.

Weird isn't it, we went from 3rd in the league to near the bottom because hutch was removed from the team apparently. He's just THAT GOOD I guess 

If that's the case I expect us to easily finish mid table now he's back 👍  

When we go behind we NEVER get back in the game , haven't got the players capable of a battle , very very poor again same at Rotherham , Huddersfield, Forest and tonight none of them world beaters.

We are the worst team in this division I'm afraid to say including Wycombe , they have battling no nonsense fit layers , we don't.

It's gonna need a miracle for us to get out of this.

• Like 1

Desperately poor. Coventry have been rubbish and we've been worse. The number of wayward passes is frightening. The first goal was dreadful, the second was well taken but we were all over the place. No target man up front.

We are going down. We've wasted a month without a manager and with no signings where we need them. We weren't desperate for another winger, nice to have but other priorities, Hutch is ok but that wasn't a priority position.

Hope DC is happy because I'm not.

• Like 2