Liam Shaw - Celtic?

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

No one would know about him if he hadn't played in the first team in the last few months. 

Needs a good long contract with us to develop his game. He's good enough for prem I reckon. 

Thats precisely the point. This season we’ve effectively put him in the shop window when he’s out of contract!

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Great. A potential multi million pound player and we end up with compensation.

Question I’d like to ask is. Why wasn’t Shaw offered a new deal this time last year to prevent this type of thing happening?

His potential would have been known to the club. Or at least I bloody hope it was - they work with him every day.

You said nothing though, it certainly wouldn't be nothing. The amount is set by a tribunal if the clubs can't agree a price. Same thing happened with Daniel Sturridge when left Man City as a youngster, them and Chelsea couldn't agree a price so the tribunal set it at 3.5 million, doesn't sound much but that was in 2009.

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

TBH Don't want him to go but the lad has to further his career, wether that be at Celtic or anywhere.

You would like to think that as a lifelong Wednesday fan, he would sign a contract asap so we could negotiate and get a good deal.

John Stones did exactly the same at Barnsley for them to get max. bargaining power.

Don’t think he’s quite John Stones level but still he’s not obliged to do that. He’s not worth millions at the moment. He might do further down the line, but if he doesn’t sign a contract here another club could make the profit on him. 

Could have avoided all this if we were a bit more proactive and offered him a new deal last year. 

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

You said nothing though, it certainly wouldn't be nothing. The amount is set by a tribunal if the clubs can't agree a price. Same thing happened with Daniel Sturridge when left Man City as a youngster, them and Chelsea couldn't agree a price so the tribunal set it at 3.5 million, doesn't sound much but that was in 2009.

We won’t get near a million in compensation for Shaw.

Probably his agent talking trying to get him a few quid or get the club to pull the finger out 

I can’t see shaw going anywhere if there’s an offer on the table shaw signs 

that said who knows what worldly advice paxo is feeding chansiri 

im starting to think chansiri’s advisors are blades 

• Like 3