Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

Guest Bulgaria

I've absolutely no doubt that Sam has his eye on some coaching/management role at the club.

He knows it's a shiitshow and he will feel he can improve things.

No doubt whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Definitely not one for the future, but the here and now is more important.  I have concerns about his fitness levels considering he has not played championship football for some time so would think he is more if a squad addition . Having said  that his enthusiasm and drive should be a great asset around the training pitch and help the youngsters.  I just hope whatever was the issue in the past, that time has now healed.

Maybe 6 months in the sun not playing much has helped him with his fitness... obviously not match fitness but his degenerative knee condition?

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

People turning there noses up at resigning Hutchinson are the ones who forget Pelupessy is starting week in week out, and luongo is consistently injured 

Pelupessy has been the least of our problems this season to be honest. 

I don't like the re-signing of Hutchinson, the whole thing stinks of desperation,   but we are clearly desperate,  so long as he doesn't act the prat, is on cheap wages and is used as a cover CB leaving Shaw in midfield.

It's another body for the battle at least.  

• Like 1

I think it’s kind of mad that’s it’s happened how it has.

It’s not just that he le left and is coming back. He was frozen out, for months!

Anyway, all debate about whether or not it was a good decision no longer matter. 

All I can hope is that it’s a success! 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

Had my reservations, but he’s in now so let’s crack on. I shall choose to assume he’ll be on best behaviour and fight for our cause. Get stuck in Sammy! 

Just now, Prince said:

4 weeks to get match fit after an extended holiday, Injury prone old has been who’s never fit to play.... What’s not to be excited about.

why don’t we ever learn???

Or another way to look at it. Ever present in the half of the season he was 'allowed' to play in 2019/2020 season, 6 points adrift in the relegation zone, has a great rapport with the squad and doesn't have to be integrated to the entire set up.

He's also 31 and spent some time retired so in theory should have a bit left in him. People were clambering for Fletcher to sign a new deal who is also injury prone and 33 (34 soon).