Thompson

Happy with him !!! Has the team playing some good football tonight . .Playing youth ,who are playing with confidence .Sensible substitutions.

Remember when under Monk we played Man City with 11 men behind the ball even when 2-0 down . Remember Pulis .

Experienced Managers who did not motivate the squad .

#Give him until end of Season . The players obviously play for him .

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Happy with him !!! Has the team playing some good football tonight . .Playing youth ,who are playing with confidence .Sensible substitutions.

Remember when under Monk we played Man City with 11 men behind the ball even when 2-0 down . Remember Pulis .

no I don’t think he is what we need to keep him up. I like him, seems a cracking bloke but not what we need when we are in such a mess imo. Also we only lost 1v0 to Man City under Monk :—)

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, John Howard said:

We lost, poor team selection. 

• Haha 4

I think the window of opportunity to bring in a new gaffer and let them properly get to know the squad etc has closed now, so Thompson is probably the best man for the job at this moment in time. I’ve been very impressed with him on and off the pitch since he stepped in last month. He comes across as a really straight-talking, likeable bloke and the football has been much improved too. The players seem to like him as well, I think Bannan’s comments in the Guardian today spoke volumes. 

Watford seem to follow a model where managers are given very short term targets to meet and are replaced if they don’t succeed. Perhaps we could follow that model for the rest of the season, keeping Thompson in charge on an interim basis with the caveat that we have the option to bring in a new gaffer if things start to go south but we’re still in touching distance and might benefit from a new manager bounce, a la Dave Jones coming in after the derby in the promotion season to see it over the line. I’d prefer that to bringing in someone like Coleman, Keane, Poyet or many of the other crap managers who’ve been linked 

• Like 2

I quite like what I see from Thompson, but that doesn’t mean I think he should get the job.  The continued failure to bring in Cook I find staggering, but looking increasingly like Thompson might be in charge for the foreseeable future. It’s a massive gamble, but then so are a number of the names we’ve been linked with.  
If it is to be Thompson I hope he’s brave and continues to play the young lads as often as possible.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

First job he needs to do is get some strikers in.  Or he will be looking for another job

Nothing he can do about that though, all dependent on what Chansiri  does or doesn't give him to work with.

That's the model Chansiri wants, all the control over recruitment, but none of the responsibility for performance, that's all on the manager/head coach. 

42 minutes ago, John Howard said:

When you know you can't score goals, the rest is irrelevant really, you ain't going to win games.