I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

Guest Grandad

Is it possible to outline some of the actual abuse (for the purposes of the discussion only).

I'd just like to be sure that nothing I ever say consttutes abuse - as I'd be horrified if it was ever seen that way. Criticism - yes. Constructive criticism - mostly.

But abuse shouldn't be tolerated from anybody.

At the end of the day we should all be grateful that the Chairman is keeping the club afloat and paying the wages (sometimes)

Resign yourself to the fact we are going down if we don't improve the squad this window. It takes the angst away.

DC thinks the squad is good enough to stay up. Remember we have a better squad than United.....think on that for a few minutes.

So DC has used all his football knowledge to come to that deluded conclusion or he's been told it by his experienced advisors who are the ones who told us to buy our current squad. It's not like they have a vested interest in the matter, obviously.

Whatever/whoever/whyever, we aren't going to bring in the players we need, I'm not saying we won't bring in a few bargain basement loans or maybe a free or two but they will be more wingers/ centre backs who will do nothing for the first team.

As far as a manager is concerned, we can only hope we get one but DC wants a coach who won't have much say in recruitment, it's more of the same. We've been doing this for the past few years and it's got us nowhere. Only a fool carries on repeating what has failed in the past.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Keep trying

You're pretty much playing how it always plays out to the very second

Chairman comes to the club
Chairman does a terrible job

Chairman holds press conference or fans forum
Chairman says "I've been subjected to terrible abuse"
Chairman's fans take it as gospel without investigating whether it's actually really happened
Chairman's fans then tell everyone that the chairman has had terrible abuse and criticise our fans

Chairman's fans get asked where they have seen this abuse 
Chairman's fans never ever can produce any evidence of it ever having happened 
Chairman's fans also trot out the 'careful what you wish for' line repeatedly 
Everyone ends up talking about whether there's been any abuse of the chairman or not
Chairman's fans get all upset when they get called out for falling for it
Chairmans fans get all upset when asked to produce any evidence whatsoever that they saw any terrible abuse
Chairman's fans find any excuse to get out of the thread (devonstrix will do it in the next few posts - watch and see)

Chairman walks away from press conference/fans forum, walks down the road whistling with hands in pockets having turned the discussion from his own performance to how's he's the victim of terrible abuse (that nobody can ever find)

Happens
Every
Single
Time
A chairman comes under pressure

It's a well known tactic now and has been used far too often

Example - Dave Allen did the exact same tactic - word for word

Just because someone doesn’t agree with you it doesn’t mean we fit into a little box you’ve decided to create for us, you know? You certainly have a high opinion of yourself - knowing all our motives and what our next moves are going to be.

I urge you to review the threads I was referring to to see your standpoint at the time and how it differs to your current narrrative.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Is it possible to outline some of the actual abuse (for the purposes of the discussion only).

I'd just like to be sure that nothing I ever say consttutes abuse - as I'd be horrified if it was ever seen that way. Criticism - yes. Constructive criticism - mostly.

But abuse shouldn't be tolerated from anybody.

At the end of the day we should all be grateful that the Chairman is keeping the club afloat and paying the wages (sometimes)

We should also be grateful that the chairman is recovering all the money he's paid previous managers off with by not appointing another one and having to pay their wages.

In just a few years of not having a manager we'll have just about paid them off

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Of course we are but nobody seems to want to believe it.

We’ve just been punished for huge overspend in 15/16, 16/17, 17/18 with a 6 point deduction.

We’ve not even filed 18/19 yet so how can the EFL verify our 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 accounting period submissions.

The latest P&S accounting period is 

T2 - 18/19 accounts (not submitted)

T1 - 19/20 accounts (not submitted)

T - A forecast of 20/21 accounts due to the EFL by 1st March 21.

Again, how can the EFL assess our P&S submissions when we’ve not submitted them?

We really in deep sh7t.

P&S submission to the efl & statutory submission to companies house are very different things. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Just because someone doesn’t agree with you it doesn’t mean we fit into a little box you’ve decided to create for us, you know? You certainly have a high opinion of yourself - knowing all our motives and what our next moves are going to be.

I urge you to review the threads I was referring to to see your standpoint at the time and how it differs to your current narrrative.

The above post = blah blah blah... bit of personal attack... blah blah blah... I can't produce any of this abuse that Chansiri has had... blah blah

E.g. entirely as predicted in the prediction I predicted earlier in the thread

Cliche nonsense

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

39 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Putting the abuse issue to one side, you appear to still support DC?

Is this correct? If so, please can you state clearly what reasons you believe should be taken into consideration in persuading others to support him.  

To support what @owlstalk is saying, why had @Devonstrix not replied to this when asked to put the abuse to one side.

I would genuinely like to know the reasons for supporting DC and if I can be convinced I’d be behind it 100%. At the end of the day, I think what all of us want is to be proud of Wednesday again. Personally, being successful is less important than this.

I desperately want to be wrong aboutDC and that everything is going to be ok. Someone, anyone, please give me tangible evidence of how DC is going to steer us out of this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The above post = blah blah blah... bit of personal attack... blah blah blah... I can't produce any of this abuse that Chansiri has had... blah blah

E.g. entirely as predicted in the prediction I predicted earlier in the thread

Cliche nonsense

It’s in about a dozen threads posted directly after DC held his Zoom press conference in December. 
It’s up to you if you read them or not, I don’t give a fig if you think I’m a liar or a fantasist but I know what I read and what your reaction to the situation was.

• Haha 1

To move away from the predicted distraction techniques from Chansiri's fans let's get back to the subject:

No new manager

No new signings of any note 

We have been played again haven’t we

What a season to make no changes in January and to risk not bringing a new manager in at all

This could end very badly 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

I'll tell you why we should support DC

Because, despite EVERYTHING you read on here and the incompetent way the club is being run right now, he keeps finding the money somehow to keep the club out of administration.

For that - and maybe only that - he deserves to be treated respectfully and not abused.

Criticised - absolutely. Lots of actions deserve criticism. But abuse? NEVER.

Thank you Dejphon.

Tbh, I'm not sure it matters who is in charge atm.

Honestly, I think Chansiri has completely gone off the deep end in terms of running the club.

Rather than assessing the predicament and thinking things have to change, he's doubling down, more adamant than ever that his way is the right way.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

To support what @owlstalk is saying, why had @Devonstrix not replied to this when asked to put the abuse to one side.

I would genuinely like to know the reasons for supporting DC and if I can be convinced I’d be behind it 100%. At the end of the day, I think what all of us want is to be proud of Wednesday again. Personally, being successful is less important than this.

I desperately want to be wrong aboutDC and that everything is going to be ok. Someone, anyone, please give me tangible evidence of how DC is going to steer us out of this. 

Because he's a lovely.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dunno - both I guess mate

I find the lack of action given our league position absolutely bizarre

I agree it’s totally crazy we have an incredibly poor and unbalanced squad no manager and it appears no urgency to rectify either.

Now is not the time to go down and rebuild.

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

The silence from the club is deafening.

However the majority of Wednesday fans are pretty canny and Im sure that when fans are allowed back in the grounds then Mr Chansiri will get the message loud and clear what we think of his stewardship of the club.

Regardless of what league we are in or how the team are playing, I predict that crowds / ticket revenues will be massively down as well as very vocal protests / demonstrations directed towards the owner if he dare show his face in the stands.

I think the best thing is the fans are not back in the stands even if they can.

If the fans decide not to let him waste more of their money and he is paying for everything, he will be losing millions and he has shown he does not have the money.

The only way this ends is with him leaving, because with him staying we will pay more and more to get worse and worse.

42 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’m by no means defending his running of our club, but pointing out the irony of a man and his family receiving foul abuse from some over an extended period, then some of those hurling the abuse throw a hissy about being called customers. 

Nobody should resort to personal abuse.

I suppose there will be a minority of fans to whom that applies, and you're right - that would smack of hypocrisy on their part.

I doubt the vast majority of those who took affront at the 'worse than customers' comment will fall into that category, though.

• Like 2

I think the list of things DC has done wrong is so that 99% of Wednesday fans can only look on the next 8 days with scepticism.

Either these advisors he has are mis-advising him or he is just not listening to them. Either way it's a dangerous ploy that will blow up in his face should we go down

11 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Sorry, just back in from walking my dogs - a bit like Keano! Phew, I see Yellowbelly has taken some of the flak now for daring to question Neil. 

I didn’t say I supported him. I said, ‘I’m by no means defending his running of our club...’  Its not been great, but my god he was done over by Bruce and then again allegedly by Pulis. That could be because he didn’t do his due diligence or because they were both total deceivers (have to be careful not to use foul and abusive language). So I’m just hoping, that he is indeed doing due diligence this time and that we get a good manager and some decent players. We should know this week. I’d just rather be optimistic than doom-laden until I have to be. That’s all. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1