Jump to content

I’m starting to feel like we've all been played


Recommended Posts

I have had a warm wet feeling on my back for a few years now but I can’t work out the strategy. Is he deliberately driving the club  into administration or is he just oblivious to what is happening ? Division 3 would be disastrous.  I wish NT all the best but it’s a gamble and we won’t have time to recover if it all goes south.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:



If we don't bring a new manager in and give it to Neil Thompson, expect a full on nuclear style meltdown by fans when he loses his first game

This ^^^. 
Golden opportunity missed to bring a new man in and a few of his own signings. Don’t think anything will happen now and we become rudderless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

He hasn’t raised the expectation level

 

He’s took the basic understanding in football that when you sack a manager you appoint another one and managed to even destroy that


There’s no raised expectation. It would just be nice to be run like a normal football club. 
 

I don’t think Wednesday fans understand how strange it is to have gone a month without appointing a new manager. I have mates who support other clubs who can’t believe we’re still without a manager after we sacked Pulis a month ago. Allegedly we were looking at a replacement for Pulis a couple of weeks before he got the boot too.


Its absolutely amateur.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being funny, but when somebody who has put millions of his own money into the football club and gets dogs abuse from a large proportion of the supporters/customers, it’s not the biggest surprise in the world when said owner considers taking his ******** ball home. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm not on about the last twenty six days, I'm looking at the overall picture that if he can employ NT as manager and save a hundred thousand then NT maybe the "Right one".   

 

If only he'd not hired and fired two coaching teams since the start of the season and refused Pulis' offer to leave without a payoff, opting to sack him instead, eh?

 

I dread to think how much he's flushed down the loo with these decisions.

 

If wanting to do things on the cheap is the driving motivation, then I suppose retaining Thompson with no further coaching recruits would be the way to go in the short-term.

 

There's a real danger that it'll see us relegated and cost us more in the long-term of course, but then long-term planning has hardly been Chansiri's forte, has it?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Im sure that the crew and passengers of RMS Titanic thought pretty much the same thing on the day they set sail.

Exactly, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually convinced he's happy for the club to sink. I can see no other reason for such ineptness of his handling of everything.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

If only he'd not hired and fired two coaching teams since the start of the season and refused Pulis' offer to leave without a payoff, opting to sack him instead, eh?

 

I dread to think how much he's flushed down the loo with these decisions.

 

If wanting to do things on the cheap is the driving motivation, then I suppose retaining Thompson with no further coaching recruits would be the way to go in the short-term.

 

There's a real danger that it'll see us relegated and cost us more in the long-term of course, but then long-term planning has hardly been Chansiri's forte, has it?

 

Not saying I agree with him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

When the chairman has wasted millions by refusing to operate a coherent transfer strategy, has broken the league's P&S rules and incurred transfer embargoes and points deductions which leave us teetering on the brink of League One, has sold our stadium so it no longer belongs to the club, offers season ticket refunds and then criticises those who take him up on his offer as being 'worse than customers', are you really surprised that a large proportion of the fanbase are critical of his handling of the club we all love?

I’m by no means defending his running of our club, but pointing out the irony of a man and his family receiving foul abuse from some over an extended period, then some of those hurling the abuse throw a hissy about being called customers. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Exactly, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

And besides, global warming has melted all the icebergs and the pandemic has put a stop to any cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The bloke hasn’t a clue what he is doing. The end.


I don’t know how anyone can come to any other conclusion than this...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s odd that DC talks about preserving our championship status as vital yet his lack of action since Pulis was sacked is in complete contrast with that aim. It’s all very worrying. I could accept the line that we have no cash so can’t invest in the squad, but the lack of clarity on the managerial front this far into January is shocking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest everydays_wednesday
1 hour ago, heppers said:


Recent form is good. Unbeaten in last 5. 

Stats can tell you anything you want.  Recent form is just a smokescreen.....pigs have won their last 3 out of 4, but they are the worst side the premier league has ever seen ! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’m by no means defending his running of our club, but pointing out the irony of a man and his family receiving foul abuse from some over an extended period, then some of those hurling the abuse throw a hissy about being called customers. 

 

 


Where have you seen this relentless abuse mate?


I've never really seen it myself - have you?
 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Not being funny, but when somebody who has put millions of his own money into the football club and gets dogs abuse from a large proportion of the supporters/customers, it’s not the biggest surprise in the world when said owner considers taking his ******** ball home. 

 

So it's the fans fault


Ok mate - that sounds legit to me

  • Like 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...