I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

All he had to do was keep Stuart Gray in charge and bring in some support....the rest is history...

I’m resigned to the fact that SWFC  will soon be no more due to a strange little Thai bloke...imagine foreseeing  all this 157 years ago In The Adelphi Hotel, Sheffield.

Very very sad times

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

In what way, though?

The pandemic has been with us for nigh on a year, now.

It didn't prevent Chansiri from eventually providing Monk with a coaching team; sacking them after 11 games; appointing Pulis and a new coaching team; and sacking them after 10 games.

What aspect of the pandemic do you suspect has changed in the past 26 days, or which the chairman wasn't aware of prior to sacking our last coaching team?

No idea but with less income hard decisions will have to be made 

The way the club has been run from after Wembley has been nothing short of a disgrace? Kits coming out late every season absolutely no reason for this as dc makes the kits? All that revenue lost yr after yr? The shop full of overpriced rubbish , exec boxes all but empty cus charging 2/3 times as much as they were 4/5 yrs ago! Embargo’s pts deductions players not been payed on time ( hap b4 covid19) chances to sell and get players off the books wrong appointments and signing players that let’s be fair you struggle at the time to see why we needed them and never played a lot of them? The slide started yrs ago and unfortunately think we gona end up in league one with its wage cap in place. So with nearly a full squad out of contract in the summer and we’ve gone down we’ll start on a parity with most in the league and we’ll need a good manager to get us out of that league look at Sunderland Ipswich and the like sad sad times 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No idea but with less income hard decisions will have to be made 

Right.

So what was the significance of your post about the pandemic, then? I'm struggling to understand what point you're making.

The pandemic has been a fact of life for quite some time, unfortunately. In what way is it relevant to what's happened (or not) at our club in the past 26 days since Chansiri sacked Pulis and told us that, ""I need to bring in the right one...I will try to make a decision as soon as possible"?

• Like 2

I am no big fan of DC but I can't see where he has raised the expectation level since Pulis left and not now matching those expectations

The manager situation is what it is.  So long as we avoid the trap of an ego driven maniac like Pulis, a good steady coach who has no real ego and is happy in his tracksuit will be fine for now.  The current caretaker probably fits that description. 

Of much greater concern is that, yet again, we are signing or trying to sign footballers with clear match fitness issues in January.  We had this exact situation last year with Wickham, and now will have it again with Green and Hutchinson who have barely kicked a football between them in a year.

• Like 2

Guest Smackavolley

It's been a poorly run club. You don't all of a sudden wake up one morning with a clean slate. We were spunking millions up the wall. Highly likely there is a transfer embargo of some sort. There's still some big earners at the club and god knows what compensation is due to the previous managers and backroom staff.

Someone, somewhere has got to start balancing the books. No point in overspending again on players to try and keep us up if we fall foul of the rules 'again'. 

Clubs won't loan decent players out until they've done their own transfer business. Don't expect much activity at all this window.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Dunno - both I guess mate

I find the lack of action given our league position absolutely bizarre

This is why our leader has to take his time, he's going to get it right. 

Have faith it's in good hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Right.

So what was the significance of your post about the pandemic, then? I'm struggling to understand what point you're making.

The pandemic has been a fact of life for quite some time, unfortunately. In what way is it relevant to what's happened (or not) at our club in the past 26 days since Chansiri sacked Pulis and told us that, ""I need to bring in the right one...I will try to make a decision as soon as possible"?

I'm not on about the last twenty six days, I'm looking at the overall picture that if he can employ NT as manager and save a hundred thousand then NT maybe the "Right one".