I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

Recent signings we've made haven't made any much difference  so why think new ones will.. Brown, Marriot, Kachunga, Patterson, Luongo, Harris, Odubajo etc haven't been that good yet Hunt n Penney don't get a look in. Shaw exception. 

3 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Recent signings we've made haven't made any much difference  so why think new ones will.. Brown, Marriot, Kachunga, Patterson, Luongo, Harris, Odubajo etc haven't been that good yet Hunt n Penney don't get a look in. Shaw exception. 

I think some think, sign 4 players...problems over

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly don't know anything about Andre Green so can't comment on him other than to say I find the whole story of how/why he signed so bizarre

He's been sat at home watching Loose Women for god knows how long whilst we've had three different managers and then we go sign him after firing Pulis and without a permanent manager in place and he seems shellshocked about the whole thing

lol

100 percent agree !

while we were struggling for months he was available to sign and we didn’t then like you say we’re rudderless and we decide to pull him in. Baffling 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

He ain't going to get anything for us..a nominal fiver maybe?

Or he could say, bollloxe to it, wind em up, admin if that's what they want.

Stamps his feet and foooks off into the sunset.

That would be reyt good, that would be a lot better wouldn't it.

The way things are going we will slip further and further league one, league two, none league how far before he wakes up and realise he does have a ******** clue how to run a football team.

He's had 6 years and still doesn't have a clue. Every year the targets promotion but with no plan how to do it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I think some think, sign 4 players...problems over

Yep. I'd stick to what we got and get best out of instead of bringing more in just ruffles it all up. Need a consistent team not changes all the time. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Who Andre Green?

How many clubs were we battling with for his signature?

Not many. Otherwise we would not have been able to sign him. 

Is your point that this now means he is a not a good player. 

How many clubs were interested in signing iorfa?? 

Fact is we don't know who or how many clubs were interested in Green. But I know a Aston villa supporter and he says that green is a good player. Always gives 100% and is not in the first team due to factors other than ability. Green is young and at a cross road in his career. His wages will be affordable. He is quick strong and athletic and should be hungry to cement his career after stalling last few years. Green has represented England at almost every age group. 

But most importantly we need to give him a chance to show what he can do. Before any of us decides if he any good. We should watch him play. Maybe we can even be optimistic about him which could have a helpful effect of getting the best out of him straight away. Not like fox who was scared to death for 2 seasons before he showed us what he could do. Which was then far too late and the bridge was burnt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Not many. Otherwise we would not have been able to sign him. 

Is your point that this now means he is a not a good player. 

How many clubs were interested in signing iorfa?? 

Fact is we don't know who or how many clubs were interested in Green. But I know a Aston villa supporter and he says that green is a good player. Always gives 100% and is not in the first team due to factors other than ability. Green is young and at a cross road in his career. His wages will be affordable. He is quick strong and athletic and should be hungry to cement his career after stalling last few years. Green has represented England at almost every age group. 

But most importantly we need to give him a chance to show what he can do. Before any of us decides if he any good. We should watch him play. Maybe we can even be optimistic about him which could have a helpful effect of getting the best out of him straight away. Not like fox who was scared to death for 2 seasons before he showed us what he could do. Which was then far too late and the bridge was burnt. 

Fair points

Agree with all of that

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

while we were struggling for months he was available to sign and we didn’t then like you say we’re rudderless and we decide to pull him in. Baffling 

Did he appoint Paxo as his agent in December, by any chance?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

I might have said this before Christmas, but just in case I didn’t....

Administration is in no way a  good outcome, however it may be our only way out of the hole we’re in. Chansiri won’t sell up for anything less than two or three times what he bought it for plus the price he’ll put on any resale of the stadium, so a forcible acquisition by Administrators may be the only viable option.

There could be a ridiculously wealthy US/otherwise foreign businessman or oil sheik who decides to purchase us. That in itself is a huge gamble since the next guy could be worse than Chansiri. Based on the vast majority of case studies I’ve seen over the years I’d be much more comfortable with a local businessman or even a consortium of local business magnates and supporters owning the club but this seems unlikely

Another possibility is that Chansiri finally understands he isn’t the be all and end all of the club and relinquishes some sort of control over club affairs to a Manager or a Director of Football. I ask for the moon and the stars there.

ultimately the medicine is going to be bitter however we chose to take it. 

The thought has had even crossed my mind, and it’s an answer that I wrestle with: Is no Wednesday better than *this* Wednesday?

Who would be likely to put us into administration, and what could possibly be gained from it?

Guest Mcguigan
27 minutes ago, Forza SPAL said:

Who would be likely to put us into administration, and what could possibly be gained from it?

Nobody and nothing, that’s why it won’t ever happen whilst DC is the main creditor.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh

So... basically we have nothing to worry about then.

That's ok

And here's me thinking we were in real trouble

WTF are you talking about ? 

Everyone knows we have FFP issues. 

Everyone knows we have no money to spend. 

Who said it was ok? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No new manager

No new signings of any note 

We have been played again haven’t we

What a season to make no changes in January and to risk not bringing a new manager in at all

This could end very badly 

I'm surprised it's taken you this long to be honest, it's been blatantly obvious since Chansiri's 3rd year of ownership and still people back him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri has said the opposite - every time he speaks to the press/fans he says he can/will spend

Cast your mind back to after the Huddersfield playoff debacle.

Chansiri himself said if we continued to pay higher ticket prices he would continue to invest heavily  in the team, unbeknown to us we we're already under an embargo and we signed George Boyd on a free.

In truth he has mugged us off for years.

• Like 5