I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

Guest Mcguigan
44 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

P&S submission to the efl & statutory submission to companies house are very different things. 

2.2  Subject to Rule 2.2A, each Club shall by 1 March in each Season submit to the Executive:

2.2.1  copies of its Annual Accounts for T-1 (and T-2 if these have not previously been submitted to the Executive) together with copies of the directors’ report(s) and auditor’s report(s) on those accounts;

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

This seasons all about results on the pitch. Which have improved recently.

Result today and things change again.

I think both the manager and player situation will change next week.

Enjoy your football.

Thank you and enjoy your fishing.

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

2.2  Subject to Rule 2.2A, each Club shall by 1 March in each Season submit to the Executive:

2.2.1  copies of its Annual Accounts for T-1 (and T-2 if these have not previously been submitted to the Executive) together with copies of the directors’ report(s) and auditor’s report(s) on those accounts;

The information required by the efl is a lot more detailed than that required by companies house, we also have to submit interim reports before as well. 

What I’m trying to say is the efl will be well aware of the financial situation regardless of the companies house submission. 

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

I don’t go on any social media whatsoever so can’t comment. I was referring directly to @Devonstrix claim that it happens in here.

I like many others spend hours every day reading stuff on here and I have NEVER seen any abuse of DC. As I said, plenty of criticism which is entirely justified.

Criticism is seen as abuse by a man not used to being questioned and he behaves like a toddler throwing his teddy out of the pram. 

Agree with you regarding on here 

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Doesn't the need for a left-back depend on the manager, though?

If we appoint someone who wants us to play 3-5-2, then signing a left-back would be a waste of our already-meagre resources. 

Which is partly why, a month on from sacking Pulis and having failed to appoint a manager to get to grips with the task at hand while we had a lull in the schedule and work as part of the recruitment team in order to set the parameters of our January recruitment, I'm of the opinion that Chansiri already deserves a fair amount of criticism for his recent management of our club.

Even if we were to play 3-5-2, a left-sided full-back would still be more likely to play the wing-back position better than the square pegs in round holes we have gone with to date.

Completely agree on the manager front though. The postponement of games gave us the ideal opportunity to concentrate on getting someone in, give them the chance to assess the squad, get their approach across and outline where they feel we need more to be effective under their approach. 

If it was to be Thompson for the foreseeable then this should have been made public and taken forward, the fact we have apparently spoken to a fair few managers suggests that Thompson is not the preferred choice of the club and will just be a fallback option for however long this continues to go on. 

Other clubs have taken swift action to fill their managerial vacancy, time will tell if they have made the right decision but looking at us right now, it seems like we don't know what we are doing, which is concerning. 

We have been woeful in many games this season under managers that have done a poor job. Despite this, we have picked up enough points to be out of the bottom 3 were it not for the deduction. That suggests that if we can get a couple of key players in and make a decent managerial appointment then with half the season left we should have a good chance of staying up.

The longer it takes to make those key decisions, the more concerning it becomes.

Remember last time we were in a transfer embargo and we didn't know anything about it until the club released a celebratory tweets stating we were out of one?

You can sign out of contract players (Green, Hutchinson) when under an embargo I think.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Remember last time we were in a transfer embargo and we didn't know anything about it until the club released a celebratory tweets stating we were out of one?

You can sign out of contract players (Green, Hutchinson) when under an embargo I think.

I think you might be right Kivo. Also think there’s something in the rules stating they must not earn more than £10k per week too. But might be wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, metaframe said:

It’s already ended. 

it’s the long trudge towards admin, f-ing over local businesses and someone starting again

Yes had us all over I said this the first year he changed all the prices to sponsors etc and box holders I did not except it from him 

I saw thro him like a lot of my friends did too 

It  was not rocket science then and not now . 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
27 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

There’s no obligation for EFL or SWFC to disclose that kind of info if they don’t want but if people put 2 & 2 together, they’ll definitely get 4.

50 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

You can, under serious restrictions the EFL do have the power to withhold all player registrations though, regardless of any fee or salary. 

55 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Even if we were to play 3-5-2, a left-sided full-back would still be more likely to play the wing-back position better than the square pegs in round holes we have gone with to date.

Completely agree on the manager front though. The postponement of games gave us the ideal opportunity to concentrate on getting someone in, give them the chance to assess the squad, get their approach across and outline where they feel we need more to be effective under their approach. 

If it was to be Thompson for the foreseeable then this should have been made public and taken forward, the fact we have apparently spoken to a fair few managers suggests that Thompson is not the preferred choice of the club and will just be a fallback option for however long this continues to go on. 

Other clubs have taken swift action to fill their managerial vacancy, time will tell if they have made the right decision but looking at us right now, it seems like we don't know what we are doing, which is concerning. 

We have been woeful in many games this season under managers that have done a poor job. Despite this, we have picked up enough points to be out of the bottom 3 were it not for the deduction. That suggests that if we can get a couple of key players in and make a decent managerial appointment then with half the season left we should have a good chance of staying up.

The longer it takes to make those key decisions, the more concerning it becomes.

Agreed. I don't for one minute believe Thompson was Chansiri's first choice, otherwise he'd have given him the job and brought in a proper coaching team for him to work with rather than allowing things to meander in this way.

The point about the left-back was a bit tangential, but what I'm getting at is that different managers use different systems and seek certain key attributes in certain positions. 

We could sign a new left-back only to find that a new manager doesn't rate him and would have much preferred an alternative option who may well have been within our price range.

As per usual, we're doing things arse-over-tït.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Agreed. I don't for one minute believe Thompson was Chansiri's first choice, otherwise he'd have given him the job and brought in a proper coaching team for him to work with rather than allowing things to meander in this way.

The point about the left-back was a bit tangential, but what I'm getting at is that different managers use different systems and seek certain key attributes in certain positions. 

We could sign a new left-back only to find that a new manager doesn't rate him and would have much preferred an alternative option who may well have been within our price range.

As per usual, we're doing things arse-over-tït.

And apparently getting different advice from different external advisors. The solution to that would be to directly employ someone to the club with enough football knowledge to be able to make these decisions. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No new manager

No new signings of any note 

We have been played again haven’t we

What a season to make no changes in January and to risk not bringing a new manager in at all

This could end very badly 

I think the answer is yes to both.  This may be just one of the many rumours flying around but I think it’s no secret that DC is trying to sell or bring in investment.    The story I was told (and maybe nothing new in this) was that the first attempt, for which the investor was insisting on Pulis as a safe pair of hands, failed. So now we’re in the middle of the next attempt, and effectively paralysed until this succeeds or, most likely, fails again.  There are probably a few variations of this story, but the silence from the top and the lack of any meaningful change makes me think it’s probably not far off. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No new manager

No new signings of any note 

We have been played again haven’t we

What a season to make no changes in January and to risk not bringing a new manager in at all

This could end very badly 

Another positive thread. 

We sign a player then we are a shambles as we have not got a chance to permanently installed manager. 

The current caretaker manager has a better record than the last 2 managers. Fact is that the transfer window was less important than sacking pulis. The timing was unfortunate. 

According to your previous posts the manager has nothing to do with transfers. It was obvious that you never liked pulis. Surely you would rather not have any signings than Pulis signings. 

From the standard of players currently available in this window we have not missed out on any players. 

DC is concentrating on finding a manager with better credentials than Thompson. If a player comes available who fits the finance and what we need I confident we would sign them. 

Making rash signings now would be stupid. But you seem disappointed that this has not happened. Of it had I am sure you would be the first to post your negative thoughts. 

Nobody has been conned. After pulis we were never promised a load of new players. 

The only recruit we have signed is a good signing and I glad we didn't miss out on him. 

I can't remember a post from you that doesn't have negative bias. Now it seems more common to also have manipulated quotes that fit your current personal vendetta against any decision that is made by dc or swfc. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Another positive thread. 

We sign a player then we are a shambles as we have not got a chance to permanently installed manager. 

The current caretaker manager has a better record than the last 2 managers. Fact is that the transfer window was less important than sacking pulis. The timing was unfortunate. 

According to your previous posts the manager has nothing to do with transfers. It was obvious that you never liked pulis. Surely you would rather not have any signings than Pulis signings. 

From the standard of players currently available in this window we have not missed out on any players. 

DC is concentrating on finding a manager with better credentials than Thompson. If a player comes available who fits the finance and what we need I confident we would sign them. 

Making rash signings now would be stupid. But you seem disappointed that this has not happened. Of it had I am sure you would be the first to post your negative thoughts. 

Nobody has been conned. After pulis we were never promised a load of new players. 

The only recruit we have signed is a good signing and I glad we didn't miss out on him. 

I can't remember a post from you that doesn't have negative bias. Now it seems more common to also have manipulated quotes that fit your current personal vendetta against any decision that is made by dc or swfc. 

Yeah it's all my fault

'vendetta'

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Unfortunately IMHO the lack of player signings this window points more to a lack of funds in the club, more than a lack of desire on DC's behalf to do so. If the money is not there, then no matter what the need, nothing can be spent.

This could also impact on the managerial appointment. NT's recent successes has perhaps bought DC some time, maybe it's a financial choice between new manager or NT and a new player?

There's a week left, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd imagine a lot of other clubs are in similar financial positions to ourselves, and would expect far fewer transfers in the EFL this window than normal.

5 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Not being funny, but when somebody who has put millions of his own money into the football club and gets dogs abuse from a large proportion of the supporters/customers, it’s not the biggest surprise in the world when said owner considers taking his ******** ball home. 

Are you for real? 
He deserves dogs abuse for how he’s run things. 

• Like 3