I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Sorry, just back in from walking my dogs - a bit like Keano! Phew, I see Yellowbelly has taken some of the flak now for daring to question Neil. 

I didn’t say I supported him. I said, ‘I’m by no means defending his running of our club...’  Its not been great, but my god he was done over by Bruce and then again allegedly by Pulis.  

So now according to yourself its:

The fans fault
Steve Bruce's fault
Tony Pulis fault

Should we add Alan Biggs and Seth Bennett to that list too?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

In terms of new signings, obviously we need 2 or 3 more in... but most business gets done at the end of the January window in normal, non-Covid times, so it’s no surprise both buying and selling clubs are keeping their cards close to their chest this time.

We’ve signed one player permanently, which is more than a lot of other clubs in the division have done, and there are fairly strong rumours about Pickering and Hutchinson... if they both come in as well as a number 9, I’d say we’ve had an excellent window. Let’s see where we are when it “slams shut”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The only way this ends is with him leaving, because with him staying we will pay more and more to get worse and worse.

He ain't going to get anything for us..a nominal fiver maybe?

Or he could say, bollloxe to it, wind em up, admin if that's what they want.

Stamps his feet and foooks off into the sunset.

That would be reyt good, that would be a lot better wouldn't it.

Just now, beswetherick said:

In terms of new signings, obviously we need 2 or 3 more in... but most business gets done at the end of the January window in normal, non-Covid times, so it’s no surprise both buying and selling clubs are keeping their cards close to their chest this time.

We’ve signed one player permanently, which is more than a lot of other clubs in the division have done, and there are fairly strong rumours about Pickering and Hutchinson... if they both come in as well as a number 9, I’d say we’ve had an excellent window. Let’s see where we are when it “slams shut”

There seems to be suggestions we're busy behind the scenes. Like you say we'll have to wait and see. Nothing ever happens until the last day anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we don't bring a new manager in and give it to Neil Thompson, expect a full on nuclear style meltdown by fans when he loses his first game

If its some time next season fair enough!

I've got a funnny feeling about today. Not sure if we are in for a thrashing or Everton are in for a bit of a shock. Eternally optimistic as far as the games are concerned, but ever more disillusioned by the absence of any real management. The description of Thompsons style of football, allowing the playerz freedom to be creative within a defensive framework, ought to be adopted by our owner, so that the management personnel at the club can get on with managing the club and the team within a financial framework. They just need the trust of DC and an agreed amount of his money. 

UTO! Stuff those toffees!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The problem is the fixture list and the relentless game after game after game in Feb

Good point.. our paper thin squad is going to get severely tested. I suppose the only consolation is that everyone is in the same boat, apart from the teams that came down. 

• Like 1

The postponement of games in Jan has maybe affected our approach and made us a bit more casual than we should be. We should expect a manager, a left back and a forward in by the end of the week or DC will deserve the criticism he’ll undoubtably receive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Sorry, just back in from walking my dogs - a bit like Keano! Phew, I see Yellowbelly has taken some of the flak now for daring to question Neil. 

I didn’t say I supported him. I said, ‘I’m by no means defending his running of our club...’  Its not been great, but my god he was done over by Bruce and then again allegedly by Pulis. That could be because he didn’t do his due diligence or because they were both total deceivers (have to be careful not to use foul and abusive language). So I’m just hoping, that he is indeed doing due diligence this time and that we get a good manager and some decent players. We should know this week. I’d just rather be optimistic than doom-laden until I have to be. That’s all. 

Personally I don't believe one word that comes out of Chansiri's trap. This is the same guy who pushed for early bird season ticket renewals knowing that a transfer embargo was already in plan and they were just waiting for the ink to dry.

The supposed abuse he receives, if this is true then why not screenshot the messages, just like sportsman's do who have to deal with vile racial abuse. This names and shames the culprits. But he doesn't and you know why? Because I bet there's a very strong chance that he's used that as deterrent to mask over his own incapability of running a professional football club/business and doesn't like the fact people are calling him out on this.

I've said it time and time again, the bloke demands respect and yet if anything has been nothing but disrespectful towards the fanbase. Comments about how fans season ticket money doesn't really count for much, but yet still charges one of the most expensive prices to many working class supporters, the ditching of our traditional stripes without even giving the fans as much as a say in the matter, shocking merchandise in the club shop been charged at prices as though your shopping in Harrods. What he has done on the commercial side by alienating local businesses, many who are massive Wednesdayites, and yet priced them out of executive boxes. Keeping hold of season ticket money refunds and then slating those who dare ask for their own money back.

Just a small fraction of the disrespectful behaviour he has shown towards the fanbase, o and by the way according to Chansiri we should be "thanking him for all this"

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Personally I don't believe one word that comes out of Chansiri's trap. This is the same guy who pushed for early bird season ticket renewals knowing that a transfer embargo was already in plan and they were just waiting for the ink to dry.

The supposed abuse he receives, if this is true then why not screenshot the messages, just like sportsman's do who have to deal with vile racial abuse. This names and shames the culprits. But he doesn't and you know why? Because I bet there's a very strong chance that he's used that as deterrent to mask over his own incapability of running a professional football club/business and doesn't like the fact people are calling him out on this.

I've said it time and time again, the bloke demands respect and yet if anything has been nothing but disrespectful towards the fanbase. Comments about how fans season ticket money doesn't really count for much, but yet still charges one of the most expensive prices to many working class supporters, the ditching of our traditional stripes without even giving the fans as much as a say in the matter, shocking merchandise in the club shop been charged at prices as though your shopping in Harrods. What he has done on the commercial side by alienating local businesses, many who are massive Wednesdayites, and yet priced them out of executive boxes. Keeping hold of season ticket money refunds and then slating those who dare ask for their own money back.

Just a small fraction of the disrespectful behaviour he has shown towards the fanbase, o and by the way according to Chansiri we should be "thanking him for all this"

Absolutely spot on.  Well said!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The postponement of games in Jan has maybe affected our approach and made us a bit more casual than we should be. We should expect a manager, a left back and a forward in by the end of the week or DC will deserve the criticism he’ll undoubtably receive.

Doesn't the need for a left-back depend on the manager, though?

If we appoint someone who wants us to play 3-5-2, then signing a left-back would be a waste of our already-meagre resources. 

Which is partly why, a month on from sacking Pulis and having failed to appoint a manager to get to grips with the task at hand while we had a lull in the schedule and work as part of the recruitment team in order to set the parameters of our January recruitment, I'm of the opinion that Chansiri already deserves a fair amount of criticism for his recent management of our club.

4 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

I might have said this before Christmas, but just in case I didn’t....

Administration is in no way a  good outcome, however it may be our only way out of the hole we’re in. Chansiri won’t sell up for anything less than two or three times what he bought it for plus the price he’ll put on any resale of the stadium, so a forcible acquisition by Administrators may be the only viable option.

There could be a ridiculously wealthy US/otherwise foreign businessman or oil sheik who decides to purchase us. That in itself is a huge gamble since the next guy could be worse than Chansiri. Based on the vast majority of case studies I’ve seen over the years I’d be much more comfortable with a local businessman or even a consortium of local business magnates and supporters owning the club but this seems unlikely

Another possibility is that Chansiri finally understands he isn’t the be all and end all of the club and relinquishes some sort of control over club affairs to a Manager or a Director of Football. I ask for the moon and the stars there.

ultimately the medicine is going to be bitter however we chose to take it. 

The thought has had even crossed my mind, and it’s an answer that I wrestle with: Is no Wednesday better than *this* Wednesday?

And just who is going to put us into administration? 

• Haha 1