I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I am no big fan of DC but I can't see where he has raised the expectation level since Pulis left and not now matching those expectations

He hasn’t raised the expectation level you’re correct 

He’s took the basic understanding in football that when you sack a manager you appoint another one and managed to even destroy that so that our expectations now are that we will just appoint Neil Thompson, bring back Sam Hutchinson on a free and get relegated

Quite the feat 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

When it come to this joke of a football club and it's mindless dictator I normally imagine the worst scenario I can think of and then assume it will be even worse. 

It's normally pretty close to the eventual reality. 

• Like 4

I have had a warm wet feeling on my back for a few years now but I can’t work out the strategy. Is he deliberately driving the club  into administration or is he just oblivious to what is happening ? Division 3 would be disastrous.  I wish NT all the best but it’s a gamble and we won’t have time to recover if it all goes south.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If we don't bring a new manager in and give it to Neil Thompson, expect a full on nuclear style meltdown by fans when he loses his first game

This ^^^. 
Golden opportunity missed to bring a new man in and a few of his own signings. Don’t think anything will happen now and we become rudderless. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He hasn’t raised the expectation level

He’s took the basic understanding in football that when you sack a manager you appoint another one and managed to even destroy that

There’s no raised expectation. It would just be nice to be run like a normal football club. 

I don’t think Wednesday fans understand how strange it is to have gone a month without appointing a new manager. I have mates who support other clubs who can’t believe we’re still without a manager after we sacked Pulis a month ago. Allegedly we were looking at a replacement for Pulis a couple of weeks before he got the boot too.

Its absolutely amateur.

• Like 4

Not being funny, but when somebody who has put millions of his own money into the football club and gets dogs abuse from a large proportion of the supporters/customers, it’s not the biggest surprise in the world when said owner considers taking his ******** ball home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm not on about the last twenty six days, I'm looking at the overall picture that if he can employ NT as manager and save a hundred thousand then NT maybe the "Right one".   

If only he'd not hired and fired two coaching teams since the start of the season and refused Pulis' offer to leave without a payoff, opting to sack him instead, eh?

I dread to think how much he's flushed down the loo with these decisions.

If wanting to do things on the cheap is the driving motivation, then I suppose retaining Thompson with no further coaching recruits would be the way to go in the short-term.

There's a real danger that it'll see us relegated and cost us more in the long-term of course, but then long-term planning has hardly been Chansiri's forte, has it?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Im sure that the crew and passengers of RMS Titanic thought pretty much the same thing on the day they set sail.

Exactly, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

4 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Not being funny, but when somebody who has put millions of his own money into the football club and gets dogs abuse from a large proportion of the supporters/customers, it’s not the biggest surprise in the world when said owner considers taking his ******** ball home. 

Unbelievable.

No wonder the club is going backwards.

The level of Apologism for a failed owner, at the expense of the clubs future is staggering.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If only he'd not hired and fired two coaching teams since the start of the season and refused Pulis' offer to leave without a payoff, opting to sack him instead, eh?

I dread to think how much he's flushed down the loo with these decisions.

If wanting to do things on the cheap is the driving motivation, then I suppose retaining Thompson with no further coaching recruits would be the way to go in the short-term.

There's a real danger that it'll see us relegated and cost us more in the long-term of course, but then long-term planning has hardly been Chansiri's forte, has it?

Not saying I agree with him 

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When the chairman has wasted millions by refusing to operate a coherent transfer strategy, has broken the league's P&S rules and incurred transfer embargoes and points deductions which leave us teetering on the brink of League One, has sold our stadium so it no longer belongs to the club, offers season ticket refunds and then criticises those who take him up on his offer as being 'worse than customers', are you really surprised that a large proportion of the fanbase are critical of his handling of the club we all love?

I’m by no means defending his running of our club, but pointing out the irony of a man and his family receiving foul abuse from some over an extended period, then some of those hurling the abuse throw a hissy about being called customers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s odd that DC talks about preserving our championship status as vital yet his lack of action since Pulis was sacked is in complete contrast with that aim. It’s all very worrying. I could accept the line that we have no cash so can’t invest in the squad, but the lack of clarity on the managerial front this far into January is shocking.