I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

Guest Mcguigan
28 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

I might have said this before Christmas, but just in case I didn’t....

Administration is in no way a  good outcome, however it may be our only way out of the hole we’re in. Chansiri won’t sell up for anything less than two or three times what he bought it for plus the price he’ll put on any resale of the stadium, so a forcible acquisition by Administrators may be the only viable option.

There could be a ridiculously wealthy US/otherwise foreign businessman or oil sheik who decides to purchase us. That in itself is a huge gamble since the next guy could be worse than Chansiri. Based on the vast majority of case studies I’ve seen over the years I’d be much more comfortable with a local businessman or even a consortium of local business magnates and supporters owning the club but this seems unlikely

Another possibility is that Chansiri finally understands he isn’t the be all and end all of the club and relinquishes some sort of control over club affairs to a Manager or a Director of Football. I ask for the moon and the stars there.

ultimately the medicine is going to be bitter however we chose to take it. 

The thought has had even crossed my mind, and it’s an answer that I wrestle with: Is no Wednesday better than *this* Wednesday?

Can that even happened, I thought only Directors or shareholders could place the club into admin.

How would administrators forcibly acquire us if no ones put us into administration?

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The lack of players coming in begs the question are we under some sort of soft embargo too

I would suggest it suggests we have little money. Even organising a loan usually comprises an arrangement fee, notwithstanding the wages to be paid

If you are struggling to pay current wages on time you really shouldn't be adding more overhead costs 

We need clarity as to what is happening.  Biggs now saying likely we will stick with Thompson.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  

But yes you do feel bullshitter Chansiri and his cronies have taken you for an absolute ride again.  Create the drama throughout January do sweet FA in the transfer window of note, then let chaos reign for the rest of the season.

A warning for you Chansiri - if we do go down to League 1 through your incompetence then you’d better build a bunker to squirm in because the vitriol, hate and backlash will  be on another level.

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The lack of players coming in begs the question are we under some sort of soft embargo too

Of course we are but nobody seems to want to believe it.

We’ve just been punished for huge overspend in 15/16, 16/17, 17/18 with a 6 point deduction.

We’ve not even filed 18/19 yet so how can the EFL verify our 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 accounting period submissions.

The latest P&S accounting period is 

T2 - 18/19 accounts (not submitted)

T1 - 19/20 accounts (not submitted)

T - A forecast of 20/21 accounts due to the EFL by 1st March 21.

Again, how can the EFL assess our P&S submissions when we’ve not submitted them?

We really in deep sh7t.

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There was a piece in yesterday’s Daily Mirror that quoted Bannan as saying that he and the players would be more than happy if Thompson gets the job.

What else is he going to say? He can see that Thompson will be the manager, gives him a get out at the end of the season through lack of ambition etc.

20 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Isn’t DC himself the biggest creditor, what would administration solve for him?

He’s the biggest creditor for sure. However, administration procedures can be started by any creditor(s) within the club. If Chansiri is the *only* creditor then there’s little chance of a voluntary agreement.

However, there is a possibility that the club may be put into an enforced Administration CVA if it’s deemed to have overstretched its resources  (like Leeds in 2007), or if the owner decides to withdraw all funding or refuses to/cannot provide sufficient funding for the operation of the club (like Bury in 2019).

Not saying that any scenario is likely here, only presenting that there are pathways to Administration that are beyond Chansiri’s control.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The silence from the club is deafening.

However the majority of Wednesday fans are pretty canny and Im sure that when fans are allowed back in the grounds then Mr Chansiri will get the message loud and clear what we think of his stewardship of the club.

Regardless of what league we are in or how the team are playing, I predict that crowds / ticket revenues will be massively down as well as very vocal protests / demonstrations directed towards the owner if he dare show his face in the stands.