I’m starting to feel like we've all been played

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dunno - both I guess mate

I find the lack of action given our league position absolutely bizarre

Not sure whether the accounts have been filed as yet but the lack of appointments on the Managerial & decent striker front, do make me worry how bad the accounts might actually look and how close we are to possibly receiving another points deduction? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bloxwich Owl said:

Not sure whether the accounts have been filed as yet but the lack of appointments on the Managerial & decent striker front, do make me worry how bad the accounts might actually look and how close we are to possibly receiving another points deduction? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The lack of players coming in begs the question are we under some sort of soft embargo too

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

I might have said this before Christmas, but just in case I didn’t....

Administration is in no way a  good outcome, however it may be our only way out of the hole we’re in. Chansiri won’t sell up for anything less than two or three times what he bought it for plus the price he’ll put on any resale of the stadium, so a forcible acquisition by Administrators may be the only viable option.

There could be a ridiculously wealthy US/otherwise foreign businessman or oil sheik who decides to purchase us. That in itself is a huge gamble since the next guy could be worse than Chansiri. Based on the vast majority of case studies I’ve seen over the years I’d be much more comfortable with a local businessman or even a consortium of local business magnates and supporters owning the club but this seems unlikely

Another possibility is that Chansiri finally understands he isn’t the be all and end all of the club and relinquishes some sort of control over club affairs to a Manager or a Director of Football. I ask for the moon and the stars there.

ultimately the medicine is going to be bitter however we chose to take it. 

The thought has had even crossed my mind, and it’s an answer that I wrestle with: Is no Wednesday better than *this* Wednesday?

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dunno - both I guess mate

I find the lack of action given our league position absolutely bizarre

All we can hope is that he has finally come to his senses and is putting a coherent plan together for the club at large.

Also we are unbeaten in the last 5 games.

Given the situation we're in due to Chansiri's prior actions, every league game is vital. We simply can't afford to be anything less than full prepared and giving ourselves the best chance of picking up three points in every game, and yet, almost a month after Pulis and his staff left, we're yet to appoint a permanent manager and re-build our coaching staff.

Thompson has done as well as could be hoped in guiding the team through these past few matches, but this can't be a long-term solution. It's asking him to pull a rabbit out of the hat week after week, and I just don't think it's realistic.

If Chansiri really thinks he's the best possible man for the job, then back him and allow him to bring in some coaches to bolster his team. If not, then get someone else in and allow them to do the same.

As things stand, the chairman is in danger of putting the final nail in our coffin through his inaction during this vital period.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
39 minutes ago, metaframe said:

It’s already ended. 

it’s the long trudge towards admin, f-ing over local businesses and someone starting again

Isn’t DC himself the biggest creditor, what would administration solve for him?