Boo Boys XI

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

When I firsted started going in 86 I seem to remember when Megson's name was read out there used to be some booooooos, I presume this was due to him leaving for Forest?

Never happened

3 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Mostly proving the boo boys wrong.

Woods

Atherton, Thome, Fox, Reach

Brunt, Whelan, Sheridan, Antonio

Nuhiu, Hooper

I'd add Helan as a sub but most people seem to have forgotten how good he could be on his day and it kind of stuck.

Did Thome and Hooper ever get booed?! I loved both of them from Day 1...

HUTCHINSON BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gulp BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not sure this counts and it's a bit of an admission but my old man's a Rotherham fan and would be harangued into taking me to Millmoor by my mum. As a young un one of the things that shocked and saddened me a little was seeing the horrendous abuse that ex Owl Dez Hazel would be given by some of the nuckle draggers and simpletons there. It was so bad that they'd even boo him when he started warming up, then when he came on and finally when inevitably things didn't go his way on the pitch; they'd be whipped into frenzy. He was given dogs abuse, it felt like a proper bear pit at times! 

Brian Joicey ,he shouldered a lot of the blame for us not scoring under Burtenshaw, moved onto Barnsley and hit virtually a goal every two games.

Brian Usher was my earliest memory of a player getting dogs abuse, so much so he was subbed off in the scrubbers game, and Pritchett the blunts correspondent in the star devoted a fair chunk of his column that week to the incident.

• Like 1