Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

5 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Can't complain tbh..  good addition to our threadbare squad until end of season and review options.

We know what we getting - a good player who can cover plenty of positions.  I only hope it doesn't restrict Shaw's progress.

Thats down to Shaw.  A good test for him, makes me think Luongo might have long term issues

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats down to Shaw.  A good test for him, makes me think Luongo might have long term issues

It is and i only hope he can push on, because there is definately a potentially very good player.

Luongo I fear for him..  did i read he has a hip problem ?  hopefully not in the K.Lee type of injury.

1 minute ago, Doctor Duran said:

It is and i only hope he can push on, because there is definately a potentially very good player.

Luongo I fear for him..  did i read he has a hip problem ?  hopefully not in the K.Lee type of injury.

Lets hope not, must admit wasn't a big fan of his when he first came here, didn't look positive enough and flittered in an out of games, but he's really kicked on and we are certainly missing him.

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Give the counter argument.  We can all say tripe, lets see if you can rip his argument to bits.   

I have put points previously. 

Honestly could not be bothered not worth writing anything.

however for you.

Some folks are locked into idea and do not realise with passage of time a player deteriorates and they are not what they once were. The post reads as if he his talking about a player in his prime who single handed carried us for last couple of years. He is injury prone and will not play regularly. To have successful team you need a consistent line up. Pelupessy this season has done ok because has been played in similar position week after week. 

The team lacks energy and mobility in midfield unfortunately Hutch no longer brings this to team. We struggle when midfield over run by high energy team. Under Monk we did play ultra defensive style because he was convinced we did not have pair of centre halves who could defend properly. Under Pulis I have no idea what we were doing and do not think anybody else did. Since Thompson took charge he has had more adventurous policy and we have not looked worse defensively as opposition can not commit as many men forward if you keep presence up pitch. 

The interest in Pickering gives me some hope we have learned some lessons but Hutchinson situation does not as indicates we have not understood our deficiency which is keeping ball and creation of threat to opposition goal. Everything goes through

Bannan at moment which means opposition know how to defend against us. he has highest or just about highest number of passes in Championship. his completion rate is 75% which shows how often we giveaway possession. This is not his fault it is just we are easy to read. We need other outlets so we can mix our style up. It has been a problem for a long time.

We also have nobody to hold ball up which means we are basically hitting balls into channels for individuals to chase, Which has not proved productive. 

Hence I do not see how aging defensive midfield player with record of injuries as long as a toilet roll helps in our present situation.

Just now, Quist said:

however for you.

Some folks are locked into idea and do not realise with passage of time a player deteriorates and they are not what they once were. The post reads as if he his talking about a player in his prime who single handed carried us for last couple of years. He is injury prone and will not play regularly. To have successful team you need a consistent line up. Pelupessy this season has done ok because has been played in similar position week after week. 

The team lacks energy and mobility in midfield unfortunately Hutch no longer brings this to team. We struggle when midfield over run by high energy team. Under Monk we did play ultra defensive style because he was convinced we did not have pair of centre halves who could defend properly. Under Pulis I have no idea what we were doing and do not think anybody else did. Since Thompson took charge he has had more adventurous policy and we have not looked worse defensively as opposition can not commit as many men forward if you keep presence up pitch. 

The interest in Pickering gives me some hope we have learned some lessons but Hutchinson situation does not as indicates we have not understood our deficiency which is keeping ball and creation of threat to opposition goal. Everything goes through

Bannan at moment which means opposition know how to defend against us. he has highest or just about highest number of passes in Championship. his completion rate is 75% which shows how often we giveaway possession. This is not his fault it is just we are easy to read. We need other outlets so we can mix our style up. It has been a problem for a long time.

We also have nobody to hold ball up which means we are basically hitting balls into channels for individuals to chase, Which has not proved productive. 

Hence I do not see how aging defensive midfield player with record of injuries as long as a toilet roll helps in our present situation.

I'm not reading all that.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Deal has been done to sign Sam Hutchinson until the end of the season apparently

So , thats "Hutch" and "Westy" back................................kin hell Neil , we only need "Nando" back and your blood pressure will go through the roof.

lol

53 minutes ago, Quist said:

however for you.

It can help in 1 area, depth and cover of numerous positions, with a player thats experienced and clearly a lot see him as a leader. 

But that doesn't mean its the most important thing to address, nor that the club think it is. 

A centre forward who can hold a ball up IMO absolutely is that. Then we need a genuine left back, but the Hutchinson signing doesn't mean we aren't looking to address those other 2 areas, it's probably just that's the 'easiest' one to sort as hes a free agent and clearly wants the move here.

No doubt for our other areas, we will be battling other clubs and involved in chains, which will take it to the end of the window unfortunately. Which is a sign of the situation our leadership has got us into. 

If we sign Green, Pickering and Hutchinson (then see what striker situation happens), then thats 2 young players and 1 older experienced. Im happy with the balance of that as its tipped in the right direction. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

350 million spent and we're bringing back Hutchinson from a pub team in Cyprus

Yep. Do we think our current recruitment team would be going for this transfer had Chansiri not lead us to absolutely smashing FFP and leaving us with a chain around our necks? I certainly don’t. 

Reckon they’re doing the best they can with this signing, but I’m so so angry that we’re in this pathetic situation shopping in the frickin coupon aisle all the time

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yep. Do we think our current recruitment team would be going for this transfer had Chansiri not lead us to absolutely smashing FFP and leaving us with a chain around our necks? I certainly don’t. 

Reckon they’re doing the best they can with this signing, but I’m so so angry that we’re in this pathetic situation shopping in the frickin coupon aisle all the time

Imagine even having a recruitment team if you're just going to get Hutchinson back from a pub team in Cyprus though...

What's even the point of having people scouting and working in player recruitment?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine even having a recruitment team if you're just going to get Hutchinson back from a pub team in Cyprus though...

What's even the point of having people scouting and working in player recruitment?

lol

‘So we have our recruitment department with the manager at the centre and we have used the majority of the same team since the beginning, and it is now stronger and wider with contacts all over the world. The team has grown and improved, with key additions introduced. We have an extensive network of scouts and I have advisers too.’

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

DC said this last March in his interview with Howson.

Best we could find is a player we released in the summer. Quite funny really. And even funnier that Hutchinson would still improve us because his original replacement Luongo is even more unreliable than Hutchinson.

lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

‘So we have our recruitment department with the manager at the centre and we have used the majority of the same team since the beginning, and it is now stronger and wider with contacts all over the world. The team has grown and improved, with key additions introduced. We have an extensive network of scouts and I have advisers too.’

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

DC said this last March in his interview with Howson.

Best we could find is a player we released in the summer. Quite funny really. And even funnier that Hutchinson would still improve us because his original replacement Luongo is even more unreliable than Hutchinson.

lol 

What's even funnier is that Luongo wasn't unreliable until he came to us lol

• Haha 1