Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

2 hours ago, Dunkstar said:

People going off like we're going to be pinning our hopes on him every week and building a team around him for the next few seasons and he'll be on huge wages. 

In fact should this happen I suspect it'll be the exact opposite. Short term deal to the end of the season on much lower wages.

I think we have to realise our situation here. It's all about the next 4 months and staying in this division, everything else takes a back seat to that right now. 

We need players who can slot in and do a job from the off. Hutchinson may not be the future but he fits the bill for what we need right now.

This.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would you look at games ten years ago to see if he gets sent off in 2021?

Because you’re not talking about footballing form, you’re talking about the nature of the person, his aggression and control or lack of. A players disciplinary record is best reflected by his entire career, not what he did last week.

You might end up getting sent off because your head isn’t in the right place due to the fact you’ve been treated like crap and you’ve been forced out of the team you love. You might not be taking life at your new team that seriously. That doesn’t mean that from now on you get sent off every five games, wherever you play, nailed on certainty.

1 minute ago, Jamie_W said:

Because you’re not talking about footballing form, you’re talking about the nature of the person, his aggression and control or lack of. A players disciplinary record is best reflected by his entire career, not what he did last week. 

What if he's getting slower and can't get to the tackle as fast as he used to so is getting sent off more as a result?

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Pure speculation. You don't know what's going on in the dressing room.

Two people who know most about the dressing room are Neil Thompson and Lee Bullen. Thompson presumably okayed this transfer, Bullen immediately recalled Hutchinson after Jos left.

No one knows and the thought that Bullen(who was moved to under 23s was he seen as part of the same alleged 'problem'?) or Thompson would have influence is nieve in the extreme..its a Forum where we post our views,mine is its simply not credible that two professional football managers would isolate the same two players with out good reason.(and please dont trot out the same old chestnuts about Monk,& Jos....been done to death)

18 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

To me it's like going back to a bird who you binned off because you couldn't see any future in it... She was beginning to become a bit flakey, whinging at you all the time... it was good while it lasted but you were 100% sure it was the right decision.

Then after a year of sitting in your pants and drinking Stella you think "there isn't anyone else out there for me"

I'm fine with the idea of seeing her for casual sex, particularly if needs absolutely must, but too many on here are still convinced she's the one and it was always meant to be.

FFS

Oh we're definitely in the 'take anything we can get' stage, probably even beyond just 'sitting in your pants' phase and more 'sh!!!ting in your pants and not being bothered' stage 

A few good nights and that could be all we need for a chance to upgrade in the summer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, parajack said:

No one knows and the thought that Bullen(who was moved to under 23s was he seen as part of the same alleged 'problem'?) or Thompson would have influence is nieve in the extreme..its a Forum where we post our views,mine is its simply not credible that two professional football managers would isolate the same two players with out good reason.(and please dont trot out the same old chestnuts about Monk,& Jos....been done to death)

But you've just put your opinion....and then said to someone dont reply with the same old opinion that often comes back (which is in direct response to your initial opinion?)

• Haha 1

If you did a filter search on the type of player Wednesday fans want, you’d end up with 0 results 

Living on cloud cuckoo land most of you 

No big time Charlie, no injury record, young, dynamic, brilliant stats, amazing resale potential 

We can’t shop in that market, get over yourselves 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But you've just put your opinion....and then said to someone dont reply with the same old opinion that often comes back (which is in direct response to your initial opinion?)

??? People who cant see that such a move would be little more than an allegged ** take at the fans are part of the problem....not part of the solution (thats my view too)the Jos & Monk debate has been done to death over & over.....Someone wants to disagree with my view thats fine,i have simply asked them not to trot out the same tired old cliches ....its been done over & over

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If you did a filter search on the type of player Wednesday fans want, you’d end up with 0 results 

Living on cloud cuckoo land most of you 

No big time Charlie, no injury record, young, dynamic, brilliant stats, amazing resale potential 

We can’t shop in that market, get over yourselves 

Thats where you coach them to..(like Barnsley) theres nothing wrong with looking for & signing the types of players you describe Barnsley do it season after season but SWFC are incapable of doing the same?....

Whose living on cloud cuckoo land?

You're trotting out the same old story about Hutcinson being a problem (which has also been done to death) so don't expect people to counter that by saying they believe Jos and Monk were a problem!!!

Ok, name me a better option we have right now? For a threadbare squad, who needs another option, who's out there that we can sign for free thats an improvement on him? 

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

??? People who cant see that such a move would be little more than an allegged ** take at the fans are part of the problem....not part of the solution (thats my view too)the Jos & Monk debate has been done to death over & over.....Someone wants to disagree with my view thats fine,i have simply asked them not to trot out the same tired old cliches ....its been done over & over

It all seems a little strange to me

We are talking about recruiting a player, who 

• played very little last season,
  • ended his contract and was so good he finished up playing in Cyprus.  
  • A player who, whatever the merits of a former manager, ridiculed that man to the club’s supporters and 
  • was rumoured to be a negative influence which is why he was not picked by 2 managers. 
  • was wanted by a previous manager, Pulis, who many thought was one step away from being the devil 

Yet here we are talking as though he is the saviour.  He had been a good servant before it all went wrong for whatever reason and we should leave it there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Not really, he's only managed to play 5 games this season so that's all I could use for his recent form.

I mean if your trying to make yourself look like a bit of a muppet you’ve smashed it out of park

sam Hutchinson disciplinary record is awful

hes had two reds and one yellow in 5 games 

yes but his last sending off was in 2017

im going on recent form not his career and it’s all I can go on 

no it’s all you can go if it fits an inept argument but your trying to make it for your opinion

plus Sam Hutchinson is a player that will pick up bookings it’s his game and comes with his job role 

out of interest how many bookings has 

our other midfielders had this season 

Ive not checked but 

Barry Bannan

Shaw

Joey

and Luongo

games and cards please

I bet there’s 10 cards minimum  between that lot 

what you should be saying which is more to the point 

I wish would have signed somebody younger to take drive the club forward and replace the hole Sam Hutchinson left behind in the summer but we didn’t 

since Sam Hutchinson was taken out of the first team or left our club has gone backwards and if bringing him back stabilises that in the short it’s a piece of business the club should and fans should be swilling their pride and recognising that Sam Hutchinson has a skill set that improves this team 

Regardless of the fact we failed to replace him he’s available for free 

the myths of hes a bad egg- no evidence 

the myth he always injured - available a lot more than not and has been consistently over last 3 seasons 

always gets sent off 2 now since 2017 

let’s look at what results have been like with or with out Sam Hutchinson in our team - there’s your answer 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thats where you coach them to..(like Barnsley) theres nothing wrong with looking for & signing the types of players you describe Barnsley do it season after season but SWFC are incapable of doing the same?....

Whose living on cloud cuckoo land?

The same Barnsley who apparently do it season in, season out, but have been relegated twice in 7 seasons? 

They finished 21st last season only staying up because Wigan went into administration?

Oh but because they're at the massive heights of 11th this season, so due to this one off theyre a shining example to the rest of the footballing world. 

Their highest league position in the last 20 years is 14th in the Championship ffs, where they lost Winnall and Hourihane for absolute peanuts (yeah well run that was) 

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You're trotting out the same old story about Hutcinson being a problem (which has also been done to death) so don't expect people to counter that by saying they believe Jos and Monk were a problem!!!

Ok, name me a better option we have right now? For a threadbare squad, who needs another option, who's out there that we can sign for free thats an improvement on him? 

There will be multiple options available,and talks should be ongoing about bringing in loans as we speak(as a minimum) to fill a variety of positions at S6....Club have a recruiting team & should have identified and made bids on potential targets

If they dont with 2,sometimes 3 matchs a week to play shortly moving forward,than it will tell us all we need to know....as will in my view a return of a player released by us last season,(who didnt get a Championship 'gig' according to those on here,because he preferred Cyprus) yet played little part in the side over there....

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I mean if your trying to make yourself look like a bit of a muppet you’ve smashed it out of park

I only got as far as that part.................the form I was referring to included his sending off in 2021.

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

sam Hutchinson disciplinary record is awful

hes had two reds and one yellow in 5 games 

im going on recent form not his career and it’s all I can go on 

no it’s all you can go if it fits an inept argument but your trying to make it for your opinion

plus Sam Hutchinson is a player that will pick up bookings it’s his game and comes with his job role 

out of interest how many bookings has 

our other midfielders had this season 

Ive not checked but 

Barry Bannan

Shaw

Joey

and Luongo

games and cards please

I bet there’s 10 cards minimum  between that lot 

what you should be saying which is more to the point 

I wish would have signed somebody younger to take drive the club forward and replace the hole Sam Hutchinson left behind in the summer but we didn’t 

since Sam Hutchinson was taken out of the first team or left our club has gone backwards and if bringing him back stabilises that in the short it’s a piece of business the club should and fans should be swilling their pride and recognising that Sam Hutchinson has a skill set that improves this team 

Regardless of the fact we failed to replace him he’s available for free 

the myths of hes a bad egg- no evidence 

the myth he always injured - available a lot more than not and has been consistently over last 3 seasons 

always gets sent off 2 now since 2017 

let’s look at what results have been like with or with out Sam Hutchinson in our team - there’s your answer 

I doubt he would allegedly last 2 weeks....before being injured playing Sat/Tues. in the cold..& would he be able to train in between?....

1 minute ago, parajack said:

There will be multiple options available,and talks should be ongoing about bringing in loans as we speak(as a minimum) to fill a variety of positions at S6....Club have a recruiting team & should have identified and made bids on potential targets

If they dont with 2,sometimes 3 matchs a week to play shortly moving forward,than it will tell us all we need to know....as will in my view a return of a player released by us last season,(who didnt get a Championship 'gig' according to those on here,because he preferred Cyprus) yet played little part in the side over there....

Talking of things being done to death, the guy missed 1 game due to suspension, then randomly on the bench for 1 game, while then Pulis speaks about him in the press, he mysteriously disappears from the squads and rumours swirl about him rejoining us. 

And multiple options, again who thats better? Im sure if the recruitment team thought they had one, theyd do it!