7pm Kick Off’s

Both the Brentford and Stoke games have been brought forward to 7 o’clock kick offs.

Is there genuinely any other reason behind this than making fans now pay for it as 7pm games aren’t on the red button? 

Another £20 on games that would’ve otherwise been on Sky.  

22 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’d not realised that was the case with the red button. I can see reasons for bringing the games forward but not at the expense of what would have been free viewing. I guess they know that enough mugs like me will still stump up the £20 to watch.

That's what I thought, could there be any other reason for doing so?

It's very sneaky.

10 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

The games were only on red button last season if they were scheduled fixtures rather than rearranged ones. I assume that was because they were paid for in advance as part of the overall EFL/Sky deal.

Maybe there is something similar in place this season. I don't know, just a suggestion in light of what happened last season.

Its advertised to be on I Follow

20 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

The games were only on red button last season if they were scheduled fixtures rather than rearranged ones. I assume that was because they were paid for in advance as part of the overall EFL/Sky deal.

Maybe there is something similar in place this season. I don't know, just a suggestion in light of what happened last season.

Thinking about it further there were always going to be more games scheduled for mid-week this season due to the late start so it may make sense that the EFL have not agreed for all midweek fixtures to be on the red button. Maybe they have agreed a similar number to the normal number of scheduled midweek fixtures. I think if sky had paid for games to be shown on the red button clubs would not be allowed to switch them to 7pm to avoid the red button.

My guess is that these 7pm switches are either going to be on the red button after all or were never scheduled to be on the red button.

10 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I was under the impression the EFL gave clubs the choice of moving games to 7PM as there are no fans and it is related to travel etc during the pandemic

I may however be wrong and have dreamt this

I think you're right, I recall reading similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

I was under the impression the EFL gave clubs the choice of moving games to 7PM as there are no fans and it is related to travel etc during the pandemic

I may however be wrong and have dreamt this

So to get the players home 45 minutes earlier they're costing the fans extra?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Easy to sort, don’t pay for the I follow thing, it’s crap anyway. Send your money to me instead , and I promise to spend it wisely on beer and pies. Unless you expect me to eat them vegan “steak pie” thingies then you deserve all you get

I think you're out of order not eating a vegan pie if someone has paid you money to do exactly that

• Haha 1