Transfer Deadline

Guest Grandad

2 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

If he didn't give a șhît we wouldn't have signed anyone, he's just clueless 

Green was part of our 'summer' transfer business we've only just got round to. But yes, clueless I agree and incompetent, reckless, absent, negligent....

34 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Not wanting to dowse your fire Gramps but I`ve been around for a long time and have learnt that although the club means everything to a lot of supporters its a small part of life really . I had my first CV jab yesterday , and the relief I felt was unbelievable . Actually sat in the car and wept with the strain of it all . God knows how I would have felt if it had been cancelled.

I have lived through the sale of Quixall , 1966 Cup Final defeat , all were ,to a young lad , devastating at the time  but have learnt what really matters .  

🎣 Fishing

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Me to Grandad. Such a lack of urgency from the club. Imo if we don’t bring new players in we will go down. This squad isn’t good enough to stay up (especially up top) imo. Giving it to Thompson which seems more and more likely every day would be a mistake.  

Permanent or loan?

In true DC fashion we will sign 3 players from abroad then the excuse for them not signing will be the lack of filed paperwork for their work permits - something that is now a requirement after we left the EU.

I have got to that point where I am passed caring, I won't be wasting anymore of my money while DC is here and if he wants his investment to slip into League 1 because he is trying to do the season on the cheap again then that's his choice.

All the people on here fighting his cause, when yet again another transfer window and we do not seem to have learnt any lessons about leaving transfer business to the last minute to save a few weeks wages but we will end up paying more for players and loan fees as the selling club will be able to set their terms. Remember last window when we were going to pay £50k a week for a striker that was crap from West Brom, or the window before when we spent loads on the useless guy Da Cruz or the unfit Wickham,  or the season before that when we brought in Lazaar and Aaarons for them both to get injured within  a few games.

We always bring loans in and more often than not they are unfit, barely play and offer little to the team but every window the same plan that clearly does not work.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I have got to that point where I am passed caring, I won't be wasting anymore of my money while DC is here and if he wants his investment to slip into League 1 because he is trying to do the season on the cheap again then that's his choice.

All the people on here fighting his cause, when yet again another transfer window and we do not seem to have learnt any lessons about leaving transfer business to the last minute to save a few weeks wages but we will end up paying more for players and loan fees as the selling club will be able to set their terms. Remember last window when we were going to pay £50k a week for a striker that was crap from West Brom, or the window before when we spent loads on the useless guy Da Cruz or the unfit Wickham,  or the season before that when we brought in Lazaar and Aaarons for them both to get injured within  a few games.

We always bring loans in and more often than not they are unfit, barely play and offer little to the team but every window the same plan that clearly does not work.

It may be that we have problems with P & S that stop us bringing in players. It might be that we will get hit by a points deduction if we spend money.

I'm not making excuses for DC because if that is the situation it will be bad financial management that's caused it. Just raising the possibility.  

2 hours ago, prowl said:

It may be that we have problems with P & S that stop us bringing in players. It might be that we will get hit by a points deduction if we spend money.

I'm not making excuses for DC because if that is the situation it will be bad financial management that's caused it. Just raising the possibility.  

The problem is there is always an excuse from DC why it prevent him from doing what is needed.

The management or mismanagement of the club is all down to him. The continued slide down the league is all down to him. If he does nothing and uses the finances as the latest excuse, then we will be a league 1 team next season and just the lost tv money alone DC will be £7m worse off. Not to mention his investment will be in the toilet.

He needs to bring in a striker to score the goals to keep us up plain and simple. The squad assembled is currently in the relegation zone because it is not strong enough for the league.

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

Is anyone signing players? It's not as if other clubs are signing players (in any league). Almost as if there is something happening that is drastically affecting clubs financial positions...

Eye, A world wide pandemic just might have got something to do with it. I can seriously see more clubs in difficulty.

5 hours ago, Tarquin said:

Not wanting to dowse your fire Gramps but I`ve been around for a long time and have learnt that although the club means everything to a lot of supporters its a small part of life really . I had my first CV jab yesterday , and the relief I felt was unbelievable . Actually sat in the car and wept with the strain of it all . God knows how I would have felt if it had been cancelled.

I have lived through the sale of Quixall , 1966 Cup Final defeat , all were ,to a young lad , devastating at the time  but have learnt what really matters .  

Glad you've had your covid jab.

As a clinically vulnerable asthmatic I'm waiting for my first jab. I've lost a friend to covid of similar age to me, he had no health issues. I've never felt as stressed & worried as I do at the moment.  Coming on here discussing the plight of our club & having a laugh along the way is my main source of distraction from things that I've recently realised are more important than football.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Dont worry , we will bring in a manager who will know our squad , the EFL , our opponents and available targets inside out so we can hit the ground running......................................or maybe someone from overseas who will need 3 month to get up to speed.

Which is the most likely  :rolleyes:

Nothing coming out of the club right now ,no idea who is fit again , no injury updates , covid related update , F all and like you said Grandad 1 signing ! 

No wonder pulis walked ( sacked if u believe our dictorial owner), although he possibly wasn't the answer.

Pi.ss poor as usual from the club but it's what I've become accustomed to with this clown at the helm.

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, Minton said:

Is anyone signing players? It's not as if other clubs are signing players (in any league). Almost as if there is something happening that is drastically affecting clubs financial positions...

Stoke and Preston have been very active.

As soon as Pulis went, it was quite clear we weren’t going to be as busy in this window as he intended us to be.

There was talk of some of the younger players leaving on Loan for some experience but that hasn’t happened yet and I don’t believe it will now?

We have kept hold of some of the Loan players which TBH I expected us to send back to their parent clubs. It’s going to be a close run thing as to whether or not we stay up but it looks like we’re going to go with what we’ve got. It’s a gamble but hopefully we’ll finish the right side of the line?

1 minute ago, Minton said:

And the other 21 teams?

Plenty of deals have been done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Most not big deals but plenty of business.

Also, how many of the clubs in the 92 do not have a recognised number 9 striker to turn to? We have known we needed this as a priority at least since it was clear Fletcher wasn't staying. 

It will make a significant difference to our team and the cost of bringing someone in would be less than the cost of relegation, which is a far greater risk if we don't sign a striker.