Transfer Deadline

Guest Grandad

It's all part of the masterplan.

Just wait til those last 43 seconds start counting down, Wednesday will appoint a new international manager (regardless of visa situation) and sign at a guess, another six players that are all currently primed, contract in hand, to sign when we give the word. 

The EFL will be powerless to stop the transfers because they won't have the time left, and if they do, then WE'LL SUE THEM! and stop the league so NO FIXTURES will be able to take place 'til it's all resolved, WE HOLD ALL THE CARDS.  Two years will pass and we'll still be in the 20/21 season.  

Then we'll get on to Priti Patel and TELL HER WHO IS IN CHARGE here and she will rubber stamp the visa when we tell her to.

Let's just trust the chairman for once with dates and numbers, he's LEARNING.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

1 player signed who hasn't played a competitive game since July 2020

2nd bottom

I'm worried.

3rd place target

No worries..

It's all going like most of our transfer windows, players arrive right at the end. I just don't see us signing any bigger names, probably some leftovers on loan if any at all. Not many players move in the January window anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Just wait til those last 43 seconds start counting down, Wednesday will appoint a new international manager (regardless of visa situation) and sign at a guess, another six players that are all currently primed, contract in hand, to sign when we give the word. 

The EFL will be powerless to stop the transfers because they won't have the time left, and if they do, then WE'LL SUE THEM! and stop the league so NO FIXTURES will be able to take place 'til it's all resolved, WE HOLD ALL THE CARDS.  Two years will pass and we'll still be in the 20/21 season.  

Then we'll get on to Priti Patel and TELL HER WHO IS IN CHARGE here and she will rubber stamp the visa when we tell her to.

Let's just trust the chairman for once with dates and numbers, he's LEARNING.

I was with you right up to masterplan, that's when it became a bit farfetched to suggest we have any sort of plan, master or otherwise 

lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Manwë said:

All pre-loaded with a limp!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Not wanting to dowse your fire Gramps but I`ve been around for a long time and have learnt that although the club means everything to a lot of supporters its a small part of life really . I had my first CV jab yesterday , and the relief I felt was unbelievable . Actually sat in the car and wept with the strain of it all . God knows how I would have felt if it had been cancelled.

I have lived through the sale of Quixall , 1966 Cup Final defeat , all were ,to a young lad , devastating at the time  but have learnt what really matters .  

I'd 100% agree that there are many things in life way more important than football. Nothing comes before health and family.

That said, this is a footy forum and as such it is a valuable distraction to many during this tough time. There's no right and wrong.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Not wanting to dowse your fire Gramps but I`ve been around for a long time and have learnt that although the club means everything to a lot of supporters its a small part of life really . I had my first CV jab yesterday , and the relief I felt was unbelievable . Actually sat in the car and wept with the strain of it all . God knows how I would have felt if it had been cancelled.

I have lived through the sale of Quixall , 1966 Cup Final defeat , all were ,to a young lad , devastating at the time  but have learnt what really matters .  

My Mum was dead emotional about her jab too. "Light at the end of the tunnel" she called it. Shes missing her children and grandchildren so much

38 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's all under control.

Our 'friends' have helped us concoct a wizard wheeze whereby we can sign players after the deadline and simply backdate the transfer to January.

It's quite genius, really.

:Chansiri:

Well if I remember correctly we sort of did that with Rhodes.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

46 minutes ago, striker said:

The owner doesn't give a throw, nothing we can do about it. Just have to see what happens. 

At least we only have to pay £10 not £36 to watch it.

If he didn't give a șhît we wouldn't have signed anyone, he's just clueless