Februarys' fixtures are WILD!!

Looking at that little lot the best thing Chansiri can do is leave Thompson and Bullen in charge. 
There’s no time for a new manager to do anything on the training pitches with a schedule like that.

Five of the eight games are away from home with some long journeys, Bournemouth, Brentford Millwall etc. 

Bringing in a new coach/ manager would be the most disruptive thing. Just imagine trying to get to know the squad and changing style and formation during a run of games like that.

Think if we are going to come out of those games with a good points total we need the rub of the green with injuries.
If we get a couple of key players out or playing half fit think we could find ourselves needing too much to do going into last few couple of months of the season.
Keeping my fingers crossed Bannan, Reach, Windass, Lees all stay fit and in good form.

Its one of those crazy runs of fixtures, where if you get off to a bad start, it can really compound itself and implode very quickly. 

But a good start, and hopefully momentum will continue. 

My fear is we dont have the depth in the squad to deal with this effectively. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Next manager - 'I haven't had chance to train the squad - its just been games twice a week'.

That's why Chansiri taking his time over the next manager is yet another small failure, solely down to him, like the late purchase of the ground and the 6 points it has cost us,  which will eventually lead us to relegation.

Couldn’t agree more with this 

Tuesday sat Tuesday Saturday... Could well be the defining point of our season. It’s why we really need to crack on and sign players. We really don’t have enough depth in key positions because when the fixtures are so congested the injuries will inevitably pile up. 

My main concern is bannan. I’m amazed he’s managed to be relatively injury free over the past few seasons but if he gets injured I’m absolutely certain we will get relegated, he’s carried us this season. We have decent cover on the wings (assuming we manage to keep hold of reach). Defensive mid we have Shaw, Luongo, Pelupessy. Centre back we have a good depth.  And regards the striker situation, well we all know that’s a big concern. 

Put simply, we need: 

- Left back (absolutely no idea why this wasn’t addressed in the summer)

- Creative/ attacking midfielder 

- at least 1 more striker. We don’t know if andre green can be utilised as a striker, marriot has done jack all and need I mention Jordan Rhodes. Windass is good and Patterson is OK but we certainly need support 

Reading through this thread just highlights (again) the absolute mess we are in, there have been a couple of glimmers of hope but I now feel relegation is almost certain, having a man with no clue about football running everything is going to give any future owners an absolute nightmare to sort out.

I think the play off appearance in the first season now looks a poisoned chalice and I think it gave DC a Yosser Hughes style "I can do that" mentality that persists to this day.