Carlos Carvalhal

14 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Nobody better than him or Sturrock since Big Ron

Pound for pound, Laws and Gray both better than Carlos.

I don't have any "hate" for CC, I just think he's overrated by some. Yes, he got us to two successive play-offs, including a play off final, but he did so with a large and expensively assembled squad. I sometimes wonder what Stuart Gray would have accomplished with just 25% of that investment.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Yes, he got us to two successive play-offs, including a play off final

Yes... it's results that matter and they were our best two seasons in the second tier since Big Ron took us up...supposition about what Grey would have done is nonsense stick to the facts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Pointless thread.

When Carlos left it was long overdue.

The problem at our club goes further than the managers with the exception of Dross.

Carlos, Bruce, Monk and Pulis have all alluded to the way the club is ran and the interference from above.

We could have Klopp running the club and his hands would be tied.

This club will not move forward until Chansiri et al have departed.

Pointless thread.Agreed

Sentences 2,3,4 and 5  either untrue or guesses.

2 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

I just dont get the hate for CC, i get people were disappointed and feel we missed 2 golden opportunities to get to the promise land and I get some fans don't like the foreign manager and prefer a British manager but in my opinion fans go to far when remembering his time here 

In my opinion He gave us the best season of football in 25 years 

yes he disappointed a lot of fans me included when he went more negative the following season but he still gave us our highest finish in 21 years 

Fans saying it was crap to watch, well it was a dam site better than what we've had since 

questions ive asked myself to measure CC time at the club and where he ranks 

Was he better than what weve had ? in my opinion YES in the last 20 - 25 years 

Was the football better than we had before? again  as above yes the best in the last 20-25 years 

Have we had better since ? In my opinion NO 

Has the football been better since? NO 

Will we get better this time around ? I doubt it

Will we get better football? I doubt it 

As always its all about opinions I've been watching Wednesday just shy of 40 years and this is just mine  

Beat you.Ive been watching them for over 70 years and i agree with you .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yes... it's results that matter and they were our best two seasons in the second tier since Big Ron took us up...supposition about what Grey would have done is nonsense stick to the facts

Of course results matter, but they have to be seen in context.

Getting us to two successive play-offs doesn't necessarily make Carlos Carvalhal a great manager. It might just mean he's an adequate manager with good players.

There's nothing wrong with supposition. It doesn't prove anything, but it's just interesting to speculate. Here's something to speculate about - how well would Carlos do with our current squad?

Guest T Hardy

I just dont get the hate for CC, i get people were disappointed and feel we missed 2 golden opportunities to get to the promise land and I get some fans don't like the foreign manager and prefer a British manager but in my opinion fans go to far when remembering his time here 

In my opinion He gave us the best season of football in 25 years 

yes he disappointed a lot of fans me included when he went more negative the following season but he still gave us our highest finish in 21 years 

Fans saying it was crap to watch, well it was a dam site better than what we've had since 

questions ive asked myself to measure CC time at the club and where he ranks 

Was he better than what weve had ? in my opinion YES in the last 20 - 25 years 

Was the football better than we had before? again  as above yes the best in the last 20-25 years 

Have we had better since ? In my opinion NO 

Has the football been better since? NO 

Will we get better this time around ? I doubt it

Will we get better football? I doubt it 

As always its all about opinions I've been watching Wednesday just shy of 40 years and this is just mine  

I agree with this.

The football suffered in his second season because teams figured out how we play, I know a lot just labelled us as negative, but when teams set up differently against you and don't give you the same space, it's a lot more difficult at this level to be entertaining. Maybe we could have adapted better but it still got us to 4th that season. The disappointment for me was the quality of the opposition we lost to in the playoffs, however I do put that down to injuries more than anything else. I don't buy at all the argument that some make that Carlos bottled it. You just look at the night, Wallace off injured in the first few minutes and Fletcher off with an injury after his goal and half our squad crippled. Huddersfield only won that fixture because of our injuries, but they were not a good team, I never bought the praise they receive, they were more boring than us that season.

15 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Beat you.Ive been watching them for over 70 years and i agree with you .

Wow that is some commitment

I'm not sure whether to offer congratulations or commiserations 

lol

11 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Tearing up the place

15 wins in last 20.

FIFTHTEEN.

47 Goals

Thru to the Cup Final after knocking Benfica out.

And we ended up with Pulis ball.

Well done the know nothing's who hounded him out

Exactly the type of manager we should be looking for...could he do a job for us? 

They say never go back, would make an exception this time.

11 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Good team lots of money very opposite of Sheffield Wednesday Now ...

can he manage without money?

Probably not

Braga's transfers in the summer were nothing to shout about.

Spent £7.2 miliion on a striker for Barceloana B.

£900k on a goalkeeper 

5 others on free transfer.

Wow that is some commitment

I'm not sure whether to offer congratulations or commiserations 

lol

I love my club and watching my team live at the ground which,by the way,i would not change unless for safety reasons.We also make a day of it starting at about 11.30 am when its a 3pm k.o and getting home about 12 hours later .By then the result is usually immaterial.Up the owls.Wednesday for ever .

21 minutes ago, pioowl said:

I love my club and watching my team live at the ground which,by the way,i would not change unless for safety reasons.We also make a day of it starting at about 11.30 am when its a 3pm k.o and getting home about 12 hours later .By then the result is usually immaterial.Up the owls.Wednesday for ever .

I couldn't agree more, someone after my own heart