Tonight's scores

We’re in deep trouble.  It’s not really a reflection of results over the last couple of days, more our own performances over the first half of the season, our inability (so far) to strengthen a poor squad and the seeming lethargy at the top of the club when it comes to appointing a manager.

We were very fortunate to win our last 2 league games, with no real improvement on Pulis.  Based purely on what I’ve seen so far, we deserve to be in the bottom 3 and I think we’ll struggle to get out - simply not good enough.

• Like 6

Just now, Steve Down South said:

We’re in deep trouble.  It’s not really a reflection of results over the last couple of days, more our own performances over the first half of the season, our inability (so far) to strengthen a poor squad and the seeming lethargy at the top of the club when it comes to appointing a manager.

We were very fortunate to win our last 2 league games, with no real improvement on Pulis.  Based purely on what I’ve seen so far, we deserve to be in the bottom 3 and I think we’ll struggle to get out - simply not good enough.

we are only in the bottom 3 coz of the points deduction so there 4 teams who are playing worse than us which gives us some hope . .........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

We are goin down this season..get used to it

I still don’t think we will get relegated. If you discount the 6 point reduction, our results in the first half of the season would put us out of the bottom 3 and you have to hope we will have a better second half of the season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

But we're only in the bottom 3 because of the points deduction though. As bad as we've been our goal difference and points gained makes us currently the 5th worst side in the league a point behind Coventry and Birmingham. Its a long way from being over. 

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Really not looking good. 

Millwall and QPR winning. Brum drawing.

Forest lost but I expect them to get out of trouble.

We're going to need close to, if  not more than, 50 points.

We shouldn't be reliant on other teams results.

50 points is the benchmark for safety 99.9% of the time.

We are where we are through sheer incompetence and nothing more.

• Like 1

The most hopeful sign that Chansiri has turned a corner in his maturity as an owner  would be if the window ended with a free or two added, perhaps a couple of soon-to-be-out-of-contract players offloaded, with Thompson confirmed as head coach for the remainder of the season. No practical difference between 21st and 7th. The club will never get ahead of P&S limits by spending more than income in order to calm the nerves of the supporters.  We are probably about the 19th or 20th best side in the League. The probability is that a pat hand is enough to stay up. If not, relegation isn’t the end of the world. 

Yes, results really haven't gone our way since we moved out of the relegation zone. It's as if it served as a wake-up call to all the teams around us to get their act together, and for the most part, they did. At least Birmingham and Coventry slipped up this week, and Rotherham only came away with a point against Stoke despite coming from behind to twice take the lead.

More positively, the break came at a good time with the likes of Luongo, Dunkley, Borner, and Windass (haven't heard any more about him leaving lately) all likely to be available again. Several players needed the rest too since Pulis was so reluctant to rotate. We have Green as well to add some competition on the wings and he's another player who can do a job up front if necessary. I get the feeling Marriott will always be Rhodes v2.0 in terms of impact, but I hope he can at least manage a single goal, and that that goal happens to be a match-winner.

I think this squad is good enough to stay up - and I'm sure there are plenty of other sets of fans who are less than impressed with their own teams' squads right now - but it was obvious since before the season started that Wednesday would face a constant struggle for goals.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we are only in the bottom 3 coz of the points deduction so there 4 teams who are playing worse than us which gives us some hope . .........

33 minutes ago, Nut said:

But we're only in the bottom 3 because of the points deduction though. As bad as we've been our goal difference and points gained makes us currently the 5th worst side in the league a point behind Coventry and Birmingham. Its a long way from being over. 

You’re both right of course, and the table doesn’t (usually) lie, but I’ve not seen 3 worse teams this season.  I would rank Wycombe as the worst side I’ve seen, but of course they beat us, as did Rotherham and Forest.  I know we beat Derby, but could easily have been on the other end of that result.

I agree it’s a long way from over, but it’s been so long since I saw a convincing Wednesday performance that I’m really doubting our ability to get out of this mess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

but it’s been so long since I saw a convincing Wednesday performance that I’m really doubting our ability to get out of this mess.

It looks worse cos there is no fans to tut with....tutting usually helps, once crowds are back in Feb, some massive tutting will resume and we will fly up the table.

May even make the play offs.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It looks worse cos there is no fans to tut with....tutting usually helps, once crowds are back in Feb, some massive tutting will resume and we will fly up the table.

May even make the play offs.

Bring back the cushions, a few of those thrown onto the pitch might help as well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

We simply have to get the new manager in ASAP and allow him to strengthen the squad. We desperately need a couple of strikers still to give ourselves any chance of staying up imo. Less than 2 weeks until the transfer window closes. 

Team play better without a manager !

We are already strengthening the squad without a manager !

DC does not appoint managers, they are coaches !

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

We shouldn't be reliant on other teams results.

50 points is the benchmark for safety 99.9% of the time.

We are where we are through sheer incompetence and nothing more.

This ^ it’s not really groundbreaking that we need to get to 50 points.  We were always going to need a stronger second half to the season to meet that target and stay up.  Hence the need to improve the squad this month as Pulis and everyone on here have been saying.  

The championship is the most erratic league around,  relying on having 3 teams like the pigs who lose every time they play is not going to happen.  

We lost at home to Luton and said it was an awful result.  But we beat Derby.  Bournemouth have just lost at home to Luton and lost to Derby.  Wycombe will probably beat Norwich and then lose to Birmingham.  That’s the championship 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1