iPhone 12 deals

EighteenSixty7

Im after an iPhone 12 preferably on O2 because that's who I'm with now 

Whats the pros and cons to buying either through a 3rd party retailer or straight from the Network?

3rd party seems cheaper but can they be complicated if you have problems with the phone?

The contract I'm on at the moment is directly through O2 but their deals on the 12 are expensive and for 36 months. 

On 20/01/2021 at 23:14, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Work out the price of a sim only deal from O2 and see what the phone is from Apple.

Then go with the cheapest.

For me the cheaper was sim only and the phone from Apple.

done exactly the same. 

the only benefit I could see from going with phone and sim with o2 was in the past the deal has included free upgrade to a new handset when this is released. But it has to be in good condition etc etc.

I’m paying £45 a month (24 months) for a 12 pro Max then £20 for a sim with o2. Need to have a look at the sim deal as think I could be saving myself a few quid but I think it’s fairly reasonable 

Main reason for going down the apple monthly route was its interest free so didn’t see any benefit in spunking £1200 in one go 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 20:33, EighteenSixty7 said:

Im after an iPhone 12 preferably on O2 because that's who I'm with now 

Whats the pros and cons to buying either through a 3rd party retailer or straight from the Network?

3rd party seems cheaper but can they be complicated if you have problems with the phone?

The contract I'm on at the moment is directly through O2 but their deals on the 12 are expensive and for 36 months. 

Just go direct to Apple and buy from them

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
On 23/01/2021 at 09:01, @owlstalk said:

Just go direct to Apple and buy from them

Not always the best advice

Apple are one of the few manufacturers who still only provide a 12 month warranty on their kit, meaning of your phone develops a major fault in month 13 onwards you could end up with a HUGE repair bill

Buying direct from the network, certainly at consumer level, can often mean the network themselves will honour the warranty throughout the 24 month contract (on most things bar the battery)

Just got mine through Sky mobile. All their phones are unlocked, so none of that unlock crap when your contract term is up.

They also offer swap 12 and swap 24 at very good terms compared to other providers, you can change your phone every 12 or 24 moths.

Sky are tier 2 mobile provider who use the O2 network.

Sky best call price is unlimited minutes and texts and 2 GB of data per month for £6.

iPhone 12 mini currently £27 month phone and the above call package, iPhone 12 £31 a month for the phone and the same call package.

Work out the price of a sim only deal from O2 and see what the phone is from Apple.

I got a O2 sim only deal with 80 gb data for £16 and bought my phone cash, 12 month sim only deal but with a same price guarantee of another 12 months if i want to extend at the end, 6 months Disney + free as well 

Don't know if thats a good deal but i couldn't find anything to get near it and i'm more than happy with it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Unlimited texts and minutes as well i think is ok for £16 quid a month 

It is a very good deal for the mobile data. 80GB plus calls and texts for £16 is excellent.

It wouldn't be for me as 99% of my internet on the phone is via wi fi from home.

The Sky deal negates the need to buy the phone outright, that's why I posted it. 

9 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It is a very good deal for the mobile data. 80GB plus calls and texts for £16 is excellent.

It wouldn't be for me as 99% of my internet on the phone is via wi fi from home.

The Sky deal negates the need to buy the phone outright, that's why I posted it. 

I wanted an upgrade on the amount of data because i use my phone tethered to my Ipad at lunchtimes when im parked up i put netflix on 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I've just discovered mine has night time video and Dolby vision HDR.

I wish it would hurry up and get dark.

Dolby Vision HDR is fantastic!

Although I only have an 11 Pro Max to mimic it by just whacking the colours right up when editing

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Dolby Vision HDR is fantastic!

Although I only have an 11 Pro Max to mimic it by just whacking the colours right up when editing

lol

I took a video in the garden about 10pm last night.

I set it on the time lapse as it says. Did a 40 second pan round.

Played it back and it lasted 2 seconds. Like the video was on speed?

What did I do wrong?

:tango:

Bought sim only for the last 3 phones I've had. Works out way cheaper. 

• Like 1