Alan Biggs on the warpath

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 18.50.16.jpg

The grapevine told me he’d been approached and, in Cook’s own words, that has proved right. I believe Erik Alonso was the one of the two Dejphon Chansiri aides who opened that channel. Was the “right” man picked by the “wrong” advisor?

Frankly, I’ve never been confident Cook would get the job, hope to be proved wrong.

Here we come to the “managers have to manage,” argument, which Cook raised in so many words in saying there had been no follow up contact last weekend.

Article - https://t.co/Y62fs6XXbx?amp=1

I do not think any Sheffield Wednesday fan really believed we would go for Pulis, never mind Cook. Why would a tyrant chairman want somebody to run his club and show everybody that with the right person in charge we could be successful without breaking the bank? When Chansiri made Jos his only manager so far, without telling him that the title meant nothing, because we could not buy anybody (although we did get Pelupessy, allegedly for £50k), that should have told everybody that still had an element of trust in Chansiri that the man was bent. Luckily most of us already knew.

• Like 1

Biggs does have a point and gives clarity to what everyone can see.

Chansiri believes that unheard 'experts' based in Portugal and Spain are better placed at handling our transfers than let's say an English ex-footballer with local contacts and ability to drive around to see players play.