Alan Biggs on the warpath

I now believe wholeheartedly that we see people ignore the message and the points made in the article only to attack the writers, simply because they lack the IQ and ability to absorb the writing and the big long words enough to understand what is being said

Now it all makes sense

Dave Allen was right - cretins 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I now believe wholeheartedly that we see people ignore the message and the points made in the article only to attack the writers, simply because they lack the IQ and ability to absorb the writing and the big long words enough to understand what is being said

Now it all makes sense

Add Neil to the list of people out to get us!

WTF:

• Haha 4

I thought it was a good article myself.

I always have a slight worry about Alan Biggs from c15 years ago and his reporting of the Dave Allen regime at Hillsborough but as a journalist he covers a good number of local teams and in my view is pretty supportive of them all.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Now it all makes sense

Come on, Neil - you'd not be happy if anyone else was posting stuff like this on OT: "Dave Allen was right - cretins "

As for the article, I've nothing against Biggs in general - but based on quotes like "Frankly, I’ve never been confident Cook would get the job, hope to be proved wrong.", it does feel like he's tied his allegiances to one particular candidate and I don't think that's good journalistic practice. If he thinks Cook has particular experience or expertise that no-one else has, that's defensible - but to me, he's not made that case for why Cook is the best candidate.

In the absence of a properly argued rationale, some people (I don't pretend to be ITK here!) are going to assume that he's advocating for Cook because they're friends and/or because of privileged access to Cook, were he to get the job.

TL:DR : nowt against Biggs usually, but he's not covering himself in glory here. That doesn't mean all journos are crap, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Now it all makes sense

I don't think that this post adds to the argument. Trying to make your point by using insulting behaviour belittles your argument.

In response to Doogs it is fair to say that Alan Biggs has supported Paul Cook over other candidates for the SWFC manager's job.

I am not sure this is motivated by Alan Biggs securing favour should Paul Cook be appointed to the job.

I suspect Biggs was impressed by Paul Cook's performance as manager at Chesterfield and the three promotions with different clubs he achieved in the EFL.

I may be wrong but it it feels like Alan Biggs wants all local clubs to prosper not decline and flounder.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The whole running of the club is seriously flawed,  Chansiri needs to step back and look at what needs to change starting with his advisers. Having said that he seems incapable of change and that's why we will never move on while ever he remains at the club.

He won’t because his ego is bigger than the club, fan base and ground put together.

• Like 1

What any good journalist will tell you about any article like this is

Read the article and then go back and READ the article, meaning read between the lines of what it says and what its trying to say 

What he's saying is what the majority of us are saying in that the role the advisors seem to be undertaking there needs to be more fan facing and more transparency

He obviously wants cook as manager although im not convinced about the hardly know him line 

What really interested me was the statement 

Wednesday need to gain more credibility in the game right now, not just for results on the field but the way they operate.

The comments of Cook come on top of a similar message coming indirectly from Monk, and friends of Steve Bruce claiming he intended to walk regardless of Newcastle - not to mention the Tony Pulis fiasco.

To me he's not giving an opinion he's suggestively saying that Wednesdays standing and name within the corridors of power and other boardrooms is low and managers and players are beginning to talk about us in a negatively and damaging way because of how we operate 

I think it’s an interesting enough opinion piece. 
The bit that rings most true is about transparency. It’s pretty crazy that no one (well, no one outside the club anyway) knows who/ how we recruit players. The manager is responsible for results but not the tools with which he is expected to get the results? In addition the people responsible for transfers may (or may not- we can’t know for sure because of the lack of transparency) have vested interests.

Its a pretty strange way to run an organisation which needs the engagement of fans in order to grow revenue.

As the article says it’s all well and good if it’s working. But it clearly isn’t!

As for the appoint Cook bit it’s his opinion, which he’s expressed in an opinion piece. Which is fair enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think of what he's saying in this article though?

I think he was saying

"I’ll always believe that, for the second time, the owner would be missing a wide open goal with the non-appointment of Paul Cook."

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

In response to Doogs it is fair to say that Alan Biggs has supported Paul Cook over other candidates for the SWFC manager's job.

I am not sure this is motivated by Alan Biggs securing favour should Paul Cook be appointed to the job.

I suspect Biggs was impressed by Paul Cook's performance as manager at Chesterfield and the three promotions with different clubs he achieved in the EFL.

I may be wrong but it it feels like Alan Biggs wants all local clubs to prosper not decline and flounder.

biggs is a chesterfield fan, he will have been impressed by Cooks' stint there, nothing more sinister than that (despite the conspiracy theories on here) ,and he's right ... the people making the decisions need to take responsibility for their actions.  

• Like 2