Alan Biggs on the warpath

Nice little opinion peice, he's bang on without driving the issue to hard. Remember he has to be careful how hard he goes, as he would lose access to the club I'd imagine. 

It's obvious he has some sort of "working relationship" with cook and joining up the dots, it was bound to be our Spanish chairman 😂. That pulled the strings on that one. 

The more journos question Paxo's involvement at the club, the better. This needs as much exposure as possible in the print media. 

Let's see how long it is before Chansiri and Paxo try putting the frighteners on Biggs for asking questions, just like they have elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

When I were a lad, I expressed an interest in journalism. My parents knew someone who knew someone and got them to inquire if I could talk to them. A few weeks later Alan Biggs phoned me and talked me through it all, as he saw it. He didn't have to do that, and while journalism didn't work out for me, I'll always remember he was willing to help a kid with half an idea what he might not hate doing when he was older. For that reason, I always follow his show and have a soft spot for his writing. This article didn't let me down. Well reasoned - a good opinion piece and well worth a read. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Feckin Star website.

“You have reached your limit of free articles this week”

Without being critical of Biggs, it's not much than you'll have already read on here. Biggs' own opinions in italics:

• Is it better to leave the possibility of a new managers philosophy until the end of the season - leave NT in charge until then
  • Biggs believes the non-appointment of Cook is "missing a trick" and says he "barely knows him, but admires him as a Chesterfield fan"
  • Wednesday aren’t unusual in the modern game in operating a model whereby “managers” are consultants on transfers but don’t drive them
  • Biggs states that in his opinion this (the above) should be advised from the outset
  • Mentions comments by Cook, and those of Monk, echo what friends of Bruce said. Said Bruce was going to walk regardless of NUFC offer. Add to this Pulis and this "adds up to serious concerns way beyond who selects the team"
  • Biggs ends by saying "If (DC) doesn't take what looks to be the best managerial option, leaving alone for now is not the worst"
  • Thanks 1

Chansiri thinks he can make Sheffield Wednesday better than the other teams in the league, by having the equivalent of a car boot sale level structure in place.

How does he think that his structure of

In charge: Random No football experience Thai Man

Deputies: shady characters that have brought us some of the worst signings in the club’s history for huge money

I would like Chansiri to explain how this structure is going to beat the structures that other clubs have?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Without being critical of Biggs, it's not much than you'll have already read on here. Biggs' own opinions in italics:

• Is it better to leave the possibility of a new managers philosophy until the end of the season - leave NT in charge until then
  • Biggs believes the non-appointment of Cook is "missing a trick" and says he "barely knows him, but admires him as a Chesterfield fan"
  • Wednesday aren’t unusual in the modern game in operating a model whereby “managers” are consultants on transfers but don’t drive them
  • Biggs states that in his opinion this (the above) should be advised from the outset
  • Mentions comments by Cook, and those of Monk, echo what friends of Bruce said. Said Bruce was going to walk regardless of NUFC offer. Add to this Pulis and this "adds up to serious concerns way beyond who selects the team"
  • Biggs ends by saying "If (DC) doesn't take what looks to be the best managerial option, leaving alone for now is not the worst"

It's not about Biggs or what's written on here

It's about what he's just published and how it reaches a wider audience

Let's stop just attacking the writers FFS it's tedious as fooooook

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's the difference between attacking peoples opinions on here and attacking Biggs written opinions elsewhere...If you're talking bollix it's bollix regardless of where you are doing it

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'm getting the same message won't let me read the article. 

Top right of your screen three little dots, left click, select, "New incognito window", select.

you can now use this page to access The Star albeit with advertisements.

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

What's the difference between attacking peoples opinions on here and attacking Biggs written opinions elsewhere...If you're talking bollix it's bollix regardless of where you are doing it

Nahhhh

People dont' read articles anymore they just look at who's written it and immmediately just hijack and ruin the thread by discussing THEM instead of what they've just written

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nahhhh

People dont' read articles anymore they just look at who's written it and immmediately just hijack and ruin the thread by discussing THEM instead of what they've just written

I know it's the reading bit that's tricky...😂

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Neil. I'm not attacking Biggs, nor the article. I was merely saying what he said is no more than what has been said on here, purely in response to Mogbad not being able to read it online.

Get off your high horse will you!

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even Biggs says “It’s an opinion only”. He’s not some great footballing guru with insights beyond what we mere mortals could dream of. There’s nothing new or astounding in what he says in that article. 

If ‘Joe Bloggs’ had written that on here there’d be a range of responses to it; why should we treat it differently just because it’s from a local journo?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Key said:

Even Biggs says “It’s an opinion only”. He’s not some great footballing guru with insights beyond what we mere mortals could dream of. There’s nothing new or astounding in what he says in that article. 

If ‘Joe Bloggs’ had written that on here there’d be a range of responses to it; why should we treat it differently just because it’s from a local journo?

I'm 100% in agreement with you

What I'm saying is people SHOULD be discussing what he's saying and not the fact it's Alan Biggs who said it

E.g. discuss what he's saying and not who said it

Owlstalk Shop