Chansiri is a victim of circumstances....

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Truth be told, given how things have panned out since the first two seasons, I'm not all that convinced we'd be any better off had we got promoted.

Promotion would have merely served to convince Chansiri he was some sort of footballing guru. We would have wasted even more money and this "advisors" would have bled the club dry.

Absolutely. I dread to think what would have happened. Honestly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I don't think chansiri will ever learn from his mistakes. He is too pig headed and stubborn. I've always believed there is more than meets the eye where his main "advisor" is concerned. 

I suspect so.

It's either blind loyalty or something else is going on there.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Selective memory there I feel...lots of youngsters in their team they never played the their first team in the early rounds of the League Cup

It was nothing like their first team, although it had some experience in it like Cech, Oxlade-Chamberlain (replaced by Walcott in the first few minutes), Flamini, Mertesacker and Giroud. The starting line-up included legends such as Mathieu Debuchy, Joel Campbell, Glen Kamara, Kieran Gibbs and Alex Iwobi made his debut. They later brought on Krystian Bielik and Ismail Bennacer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I don't think chansiri will ever learn from his mistakes. He is too pig headed and stubborn. I've always believed there is more than meets the eye where his main "advisor" is concerned. 

Manadaric is partly to blame for having no interest in doing due diligence.

The original poster made some very good points,  but the can is carried by Chansiri for allowing CC to continue with defensive sideways football in his second phase with the club, culminating in the pure incompetence of how we tackled Huddersfield. CC should have then left.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It was nothing like their first team, although it had some experience in it like Cech, Oxlade-Chamberlain (replaced by Walcott in the first few minutes), Flamini, Mertesacker and Giroud. The starting line-up included legends such as Mathieu Debuchy, Joel Campbell, Glen Kamara, Kieran Gibbs and Alex Iwobi made his debut. They later brought on Krystian Bielik and Ismail Bennacer

Still a great night, but yeah, it wasn't exactly the invincibles lol

14 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The original poster made some very good points,  but the can is carried by Chansiri for allowing CC to continue with defensive sideways football in his second phase with the club, culminating in the pure incompetence of how we tackled Huddersfield. CC should have then left.

Not MM’s issue.

if money was clean and league passed dc, no issues for MM. MM has nothing to answer for re the sale .

• Like 1

You can't blame Milan and Carlos for the mess we are in now.

You could argue some degree of culpability whilst they were here or in the imediate aftermath of their departure, but we are way, way past the point where they can still be held as accountable.

The current mess is entirely of Chansiri's doing and I believe it will only get worse, bar a miracle.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Not MM’s issue.

if money was clean and league passed dc, no issues for MM. MM has nothing to answer for re the sale .

Yes, agreed, MM could not be expected to interrogate any potential purchaser to see what plans they had for the club or how they were going to run it.

Guest T Hardy
4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You can't blame Milan and Carlos for the mess we are in now.

You could argue some degree of culpability whilst they were here or in the imediate aftermath of their departure, but we are way, way past the point where they can still be held as accountable.

The current mess is entirely of Chansiri's doing and I believe it will only get worse, bar a miracle.

Spot on mate. The original post is load of nonsense, courtesy of Chansiri coming out and trying to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes the other week by slagging off Pulis. I knew a few of our fans would buy it. This and the little good run has distracted some from the fact that Chansiri is a cancer on our club. 

Edited by T Hardy

6 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, agreed, MM could not be expected to interrogate any potential purchaser to see what plans they had for the club or how they were going to run it.

Not his job.

Bit like I dont interrogate the buyer of my house to ask whether they will decorate it with wallpaper featuring childrens drawings of Mitch Ward and Adrien Littlejohn.  It is their business and I couldnt care less.

Clubs job is to make sure money is clean - ie source of funds/  money laundering issues with standard AML procedures

Leagues job to check fit and proper.

• Like 1

The table is the arbiter of success or failure. Look at it and decide if DC has been a success or failure. It's that simple.

I'm not saying his intentions are good because I truly think he wants the best for the club but he needs to change and he won't, I'm not sure he can. Humility is important in Eastern culture but that's something else he hasn't got right. If he came out and said 'I got it wrong but I'm learning from my mistakes and I'm now going to do X, Y, Z ,' I think fans might get on board again.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, victorturner said:

You cannot blame Milan, he did not know that it would turn out that DC after 6 years in charge would still not be able to set a budget, sign players with a resale value and not waste millions of players who sit in the stand.

Milan took a broken football club, on the step of the courts about to go into administration and turned it around not just on the pitch but off it too. But for the bentest man in football Redknapp, Milan would still be here now but his love of the game went when someone he described as a friend stabbed him in the back to save his own skin.

We have a lot the thank Milan for, had you given him 25% of what DC has wasted he would have got the team in the premier league and sustained us in that league, he would not have blamed the fans and everyone else for any mistakes made either.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

The table is the arbiter of success or failure. Look at it and decide if DC has been a success or failure. It's that simple.

I'm not saying his intentions are good because I truly think he wants the best for the club but he needs to change and he won't, I'm not sure he can. Humility is important in Eastern culture but that's something else he hasn't got right. If he came out and said 'I got it wrong but I'm learning from my mistakes and I'm now going to do X, Y, Z ,' I think fans might get on board again.

Good post.

I agree that if he were to show a little humility, admit his mistakes and present us with a coherent, professionally managed way forward, then even his staunchest critics would get behind him.

There is this misconception that those of us who have criticised The Chairman never wanted him to succeed; on the contrary, I've been desperate for him to, I just realised, perhaps before the majority, that this would never happen under his current crazy, ego driven strategy.

I certainly won't wait with baited breath.

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Lets  look at the OP another way.

In my 'real' life I run a business with turnover which is over double that of SWFC.  If I:

1.  Were one of the worst performing of the 24 businesses in my sector

2.  Were unable to make staff payroll on multiple occassions

3.  Were in constant trouble with the regulator who banned me from hiring anyone else for periods, and gave me fines.

4.  My customers were paying the highest prices in the sector but hated my product.

5.  Had to rely on creative accounting to disguise the massive losses I was making

6. Kept hiring bad CEOs , including sacking the last one after 6 weeks

7.  Decided to make my staff wear shirts and ties with my name all over it, changed the company logo and also stuck my name in massive letters on the front of the office building, despite the company not being named after me and it being 150 years old.

etc etc

Would my staff or customers say I was just unlucky?

Its sad it has to be broken down into simple terms like this for people to realise.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You're one of those who believe that it's FFP and Parachute Payments that have held us back aren't you?

I was just adding to the injustice part of the complaint! FFP were breached yep- but those parachute payments never did allow any form of level playing field. I’m not surprised that owners “innovate” to try and address the imbalance. I think it holds everyone back apart from the relegated clubs : some of whom, as we know, have broken FFP for the sake of the riches of the Premier League.

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Lets  look at the OP another way.

In my 'real' life I run a business with turnover which is over double that of SWFC.  If I:

1.  Were one of the worst performing of the 24 businesses in my sector

2.  Were unable to make staff payroll on multiple occassions

3.  Were in constant trouble with the regulator who banned me from hiring anyone else for periods, and gave me fines.

4.  My customers were paying the highest prices in the sector but hated my product.

5.  Had to rely on creative accounting to disguise the massive losses I was making

6. Kept hiring bad CEOs , including sacking the last one after 6 weeks

7.  Decided to make my staff wear shirts and ties with my name all over it, changed the company logo and also stuck my name in massive letters on the front of the office building, despite the company not being named after me and it being 150 years old.

etc etc

Would my staff or customers say I was just unlucky?

Great post.. you can add to that would people say the problems are because a manager from 4 years ago bottled it when he had his best staff off sick or coming into work sick? 

53 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Not sure how Milan Manderic could have done due diligence on someone who have never ran a football club before.
The only due diligence he needed to do that the money was not coming from some illegal or immoral source.
Was coming from a bloke whose family ran a tuna business and had the funds to pay.

• Like 1