What about John Terry as the next Manager...?!?

21 minutes ago, El Toro said:

H think it’s looking more likely that Neil Thompson will stay in charge for the foreseeable. Not because he’s necessarily the right man, just because candidates are dropping like flies and we are going to need some stability pretty quick in order to stay up.I just hope whoever’s in charge can bring in a couple more faces before the deadline.

I think NT in charge until the end of the season would probably be the best option anyway, as any manager coming in now wouldn't be able to do much with the team in the short term and I don't want another rushed Manager. NT has the respect of the team and I expect a few of the players that are out of Contract come the season end such as Reach, Bannan and Westwood will be putting in a  real shift to get their value up for a free transfer... For example Adam Reach is already looking very good for us at the moment after a few years of being very bit hit and miss (especially in tackles) for me. Also Big Dave was the same under Jos a few years ago when his contract was running out he became a goal machine. 

5 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

And it shows in Villas performances this season of this change .....

Should just go for Shakespeare. Rated one on the best coaches in the entire league.

Does anyone think that any football person in the uk, that know about DC and the state of the club, would take this job? 

I believe it’s a small world and news travels. 

It’ll have to be someone who’s never managed here (UK), probably never heard of us. 

Lock up your wives, girlfriends, finaces, partners duaghters (if they are over 18)..

• Like 1
11 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

And it shows in Villas performances this season of this change .....

That is correct. Shakespeare excellent coach when he works with Pearson goes well when Pearson on own disaster.

I really doubt John Terry would be interested in Wednesday at this time.
Big name and doesn't need the money. Think he would take on a job like Wednesday if we were more stable off field and had money to spend.
Otherwise it is likely to last 6 months and be his one and only managers job.

If we are going down the ex England international route  - something I'm not massively opposed to as I think they make the players sit up and notice - Then Emile Heskey has done all his badges ( which we know is VERY important ), and is looking for an opportunity.

Anyway, the players are happy with Thompson - and and it seems they are - it would be pretty daft to change it.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

I think that he'd be a good option...

As manager of our club, why on earth would you think that?

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

Does anyone think that any football person in the uk, that know about DC and the state of the club, would take this job

Cook wants it, Palmer wants it, pullis and monk wanted it.

It's all about the £££.

I'd give Palmer..he's told DC all wages returned if not in prem in 2yrs...what can go wrong 🙂