What about John Terry as the next Manager...?!?

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Id be happy with him

Same...but there will be no new manager this season I’m afraid

2 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

Ok... Maybe not then... I know he's not likeable, but had seen Dean Smith on TV heavily praise him, as being influential in their promotion push helping the players develop certain areas of their game and also the management with their tactics...  

He wanted him out, he was bolted onto his coaching team.

Guest Therealrealist

Why does everybody have to be a nice guy?? It’s pathetic..he’s one o& our best players..so what if he’s had a bit on side..they all do..don’t worry about it ffs

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Same...but there will be no new manager this season I’m afraid

To be honest letting NT run the team until the end of the season probably makes the most sense... Does anyone know if we will we be tied by financial fair play rules again in the closed season or are we good to go on a spending spree?!? If we are good to go on a spending spree lets go wild like wolves and get promotion nailed on, as if you go up the rules don't apply...

I was basing my suggestion on the  young ex player/ now managers such as Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and possibly Rooney... They've got their teams respect straight away due to their experience playing at the highest level, with the best managers and also winning multiple trophy's.... They will also attract players who want to work under them, as they were most likely their heroes growing up and want to be like them.... Whereas managers like Jos etc. probably don't have the same respect...

• Thanks 1

Just putting to one side his public persona, the fact he wouldn’t come here etc etc really we either need an experienced coach or failing that at least someone who knows the squad such as Thompson.

We have to navigate a very difficult few months to stave off actual relegation!

In the summer, with proper time to rebuild etc is the time (if there indeed is a time at all) to look at the more left field options.

Managerial success usually come from experience. That’s why the tried and tested method of working your way up over a number of years either through smaller clubs or different coaching/ assistant manager roles is still the way most successful managers get to be successful!

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

And it shows in Villas performances this season of this change .....

I didn't know this... So it turns out a bit of a misjudged post on my limited knowledge... I was just thinking that a player that has achieved so much at the highest level and I thought had done his time assisting Villa to get promoted/ established would have the respect of the players and knowledge/ experience to move us forward. Especially as with most managers (excl. S Bruce) losing the dressing room has been an issue...  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

I didn't know this... So it turns out a bit of a misjudged post on my limited knowledge... 

Sheffield Wednesday is a different gravy son ......

There's not enough in the pot left for a John Terry type here ......

Whether you like him or not he isn't coming to S6  .....

He will cut his teeth with a Crystal Palace a Fulham or even a Wolves ....

He might even get the Newcastle gig if they go down ?...

His bar is higher than us ....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tollertonowl said:

You're probably right and therefore we might aswell leave NT to run out the remainder of the season... I just thought that he'd be a good shout, as well respected at Villa with helping the team progress..  

H think it’s looking more likely that Neil Thompson will stay in charge for the foreseeable. Not because he’s necessarily the right man, just because candidates are dropping like flies and we are going to need some stability pretty quick in order to stay up.I just hope whoever’s in charge can bring in a couple more faces before the deadline.